Thread: EU VAT Number Validation

Default EU VAT Number Validation

Afternoon all,

I have been reading up that if someone outside the UK purchases from your website, you do not have to charge VAT, however, you have to check that they have a valid VAT number.

It is easy to go online and do that, but how can i incorporate this into my site, so that i don't need to go and do externally? My client, whose current site already has this function from 5 years ago, is a bit worried about it now and its the last issue before going live.

Can i add an eu vat validate function to my current BP website?

VAT numbers are automatically checked as valid VAT numbers, but the company name is not currently checked for a match.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Thanks for the update last night Rich.

Similar Threads

1. EU VAT Rates - Customers
    By B1uenose in forum Bluepark Technical Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 19:00
  2. EU VAT Sales
    By Angella in forum Bluepark Technical Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 17:39
  3. VAT number on international invoices