Thread: Mobile Site

Default Mobile Site

I just noticed that when I look at my site on my mobile, the black bar at the bottom, that says 'view mobile site' is so tiny, that you can't really read it, but more importantly, you can't actually click on it to change it to the mobile site, as it's too close to the iphone icons.

I've looked in the mobile template editor, but to be honest, I just glazed over! Not really sure how I fix this and would be really grateful if anyone could help me.

Many thanks,
    Yvonne
    www.expatessentials.com

Sorry, back again!

Is there a way to set a default so that the mobile version of the site always shows first? Again, I've looked through the mobile template editor, but can't see anything obvious.

Thanks,
    Yvonne

Hi Red Devil,

Thanks for that. It's a great article, but we didn't set up our mobile page ourselves, it was part of the transfer from our old platform that Cate did for us, so not sure if it helps with this particular problem. Not being very techy and having only been live with BP for about a month, I'm a bit scared to change lots of things, in case I mess it up! I can't see a default where it always opens up on a mobile, with the mobile site version and just wondered if I'd missed a tick box somewhere.

Thanks again though for the article, which is really informative.

In the Template Manager you basically have 2 templates (1) Mobile (2) Main Site

At the top of the Template Manager you select from thed rop down which template is to be your mobile site's template.

Making changes to your mobile site's template will, therefore, only affect your mobile site and not your main site.

Contact Cate if you're unsure if she set it up originally.

Hi Red Devil,

it was me being dim I'm afraid! Had a reply back from Rich and apparently the mobile site always does come up as the default, so it seems that I must have 'requested' the full site at some stage on my phone and it's remembered the settings.

Looks like 'old age' is definitely setting in!