Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Feature Request: Changes to "Customer Comments" Checkout Field

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Midlands, England
    Posts
    993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
    We'd need it to be html as well so we can adjust the size/colour etc.

    And don't forget all the "chuck it over the fence" comments!
    I've found you can add HTML to pretty much any field in the BP admin area, including everything in the language manager, we use bold for quite a few parts of our checkout/basket page to highlight important pieces of information.

    It's just a bit time consuming as there isn't a WYSIWYG editor

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    963

    Default

    Unfortunately, there are two problems with that in this case:

    1) Due to the layout and available space it would be much better to have the text under/above (or in) the comments box, rather than under the 'Comments' heading.

    2) If you try to insert text after 'Comment' in the comment section of the language editor it inserts the text between 'Comments' and ':' so that messes it all up

    eg.

    Comments
    Please note a signature is required.:

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Midlands, England
    Posts
    993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
    Unfortunately, there are two problems with that in this case:

    1) Due to the layout and available space it would be much better to have the text under/above (or in) the comments box, rather than under the 'Comments' heading.

    2) If you try to insert text after 'Comment' in the comment section of the language editor it inserts the text between 'Comments' and ':' so that messes it all up

    eg.

    Comments
    Please note a signature is required.:
    My apologies, I've read my post back & can see how it was misunderstood, what I meant was... if there was an update done to the customer comments field & we then had the option to add our own text somewhere. It wouldn't necessarily have to be done in a WYSIWYG editor, as font style & colour could always be changed using HTML.

    I agree that at the moment there isn't a good way of adding any text, as you've explained trying to add anything to the current box isn't a viable solution

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    391

    Default

    I would like the tooltip to also be able to accept images, for example I have a drop down called font, and then the customer has to look elsewhere for the examples, whereas if the examples could be in a tooltip it would be ideal.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    963

    Default

    In the absense of any bluepark solution, has anyone been able to develop a suitable fix? Perhaps some 'pop-up' html that would fit into the language editor?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Sorry to drag up an old thread, but has anyone found a workaround that sets a character limit for the comment field?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarGames View Post
    Sorry to drag up an old thread, but has anyone found a workaround that sets a character limit for the comment field?
    You can do this via JavaScript - go to:

    'Template Editor' > 'Pages' > 'Closing body' and in the field enter the following code:

    Code:
    <script>
    var CheckoutPageCommentsLimit = 100;
    $('textarea[name="message"]')[0].maxLength = CheckoutPageCommentsLimit;
    </script>
    (The '100' is the set maximum character limit, so change this to suit whatever you require)

    Mike

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    You can do this via JavaScript - go to:

    'Template Editor' > 'Pages' > 'Closing body' and in the field enter the following code:

    Code:
    <script>
    var CheckoutPageCommentsLimit = 100;
    $('textarea[name="message"]')[0].maxLength = CheckoutPageCommentsLimit;
    </script>
    (The '100' is the set maximum character limit, so change this to suit whatever you require)

    Mike
    oh wow, awesome, thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Feature request: "Use this delivery address for future orders" tickbox
    By Eagle Country in forum Bluepark Technical Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 09:06
  2. Saving "Product detail page" deletes "Additional CSS"
    By Eagle Country in forum Bluepark Technical Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-05-2013, 09:04
  3. Feature Request: Disabling "Required Fields" when using MOTO.
    By ThomasMurray in forum Bluepark Technical Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14-03-2012, 19:38
  4. Renaming "Model" and using a different field instead of SKU
    By LabelKing in forum Bluepark Technical Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-01-2012, 10:44
  5. Should "County" be a required field?
    By Chris in forum Bluepark Technical Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29-06-2008, 11:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us

Bluepark's ecommerce software is developed, hosted and supported exclusively by ourselves, here in the UK, and has been so since the company was initially formed in 2004. Your brand new online shop will be hosted securely on our fast and reliable server network, using a domain name of your choice, providing the ability to build and maintain your ecommerce website, and manage your orders, from any location via your own secure online Administration Console.

A Bluepark ecommerce site is the perfect tool for selling online, whether you're selling physical products, digital downloads or services. You'll be in good company with over 1,000 UK customers who also form a friendly and helpful online community, further strengthening our highly acclaimed support network.

Find us on...