Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feature Request: Changes to "Customer Comments" Checkout Field

Quote Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
    We'd need it to be html as well so we can adjust the size/colour etc.

And don't forget all the "chuck it over the fence" comments!
    I've found you can add HTML to pretty much any field in the BP admin area, including everything in the language manager, we use bold for quite a few parts of our checkout/basket page to highlight important pieces of information.

It's just a bit time consuming as there isn't a WYSIWYG editor

Unfortunately, there are two problems with that in this case:

1) Due to the layout and available space it would be much better to have the text under/above (or in) the comments box, rather than under the 'Comments' heading.

2) If you try to insert text after 'Comment' in the comment section of the language editor it inserts the text between 'Comments' and ':' so that messes it all up

eg.

Comments
    Please note a signature is required.:

Quote Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
    Unfortunately, there are two problems with that in this case:

1) Due to the layout and available space it would be much better to have the text under/above (or in) the comments box, rather than under the 'Comments' heading.

2) If you try to insert text after 'Comment' in the comment section of the language editor it inserts the text between 'Comments' and ':' so that messes it all up

eg.

Comments
    Please note a signature is required.:
    My apologies, I've read my post back & can see how it was misunderstood, what I meant was... if there was an update done to the customer comments field & we then had the option to add our own text somewhere. It wouldn't necessarily have to be done in a WYSIWYG editor, as font style & colour could always be changed using HTML.

I agree that at the moment there isn't a good way of adding any text, as you've explained trying to add anything to the current box isn't a viable solution

I would like the tooltip to also be able to accept images, for example I have a drop down called font, and then the customer has to look elsewhere for the examples, whereas if the examples could be in a tooltip it would be ideal.

In the absense of any bluepark solution, has anyone been able to develop a suitable fix? Perhaps some 'pop-up' html that would fit into the language editor?

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but has anyone found a workaround that sets a character limit for the comment field?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarGames View Post
    Sorry to drag up an old thread, but has anyone found a workaround that sets a character limit for the comment field?
    You can do this via JavaScript - go to:

'Template Editor' > 'Pages' > 'Closing body' and in the field enter the following code:

Code:
    <script>
    var CheckoutPageCommentsLimit = 100;
    $('textarea[name="message"]')[0].maxLength = CheckoutPageCommentsLimit;
    </script>
    (The '100' is the set maximum character limit, so change this to suit whatever you require)

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    You can do this via JavaScript - go to:

'Template Editor' > 'Pages' > 'Closing body' and in the field enter the following code:

Code:
    <script>
    var CheckoutPageCommentsLimit = 100;
    $('textarea[name="message"]')[0].maxLength = CheckoutPageCommentsLimit;
    </script>
    (The '100' is the set maximum character limit, so change this to suit whatever you require)

Mike
    oh wow, awesome, thanks!