Thread: Possible to make a Category not appear in the 'Cataloge' without making the page priv

Default Possible to make a Category not appear in the 'Cataloge' without making the page priv

Possible to make a Category not appear in the 'Cataloge' without making the page private.

I am making an adwords landing page for a brand. So I make a category called the brand name. It has no parent category. It does not appear in the Navigation Menu drop down that is at the top of the page. That is good.

But in the 'Catalogue' menu at the side it does appear, I dont want that to appear there, as the catalogue to me is for navigation and having list of brands names in their looks wrong.

If I set the category to private then trying to drive customers to it from google obviously will not work and google cant see the page either so it warns about it being an invalid desination URL.

Is there a way to make this page visible to google and new users without it appearing in the Catalogue side menu?

Many Thanks,
    -S

Just 'red flag' the category. In other words don't make it active.

Quote Originally Posted by Setantaa View Post
    Possible to make a Category not appear in the 'Cataloge' without making the page private.

I am making an adwords landing page for a brand. So I make a category called the brand name. It has no parent category. It does not appear in the Navigation Menu drop down that is at the top of the page. That is good.

But in the 'Catalogue' menu at the side it does appear, I dont want that to appear there, as the catalogue to me is for navigation and having list of brands names in their looks wrong.

If I set the category to private then trying to drive customers to it from google obviously will not work and google cant see the page either so it warns about it being an invalid desination URL.

Is there a way to make this page visible to google and new users without it appearing in the Catalogue side menu?

Many Thanks,
    -S
    If you have a few brands [or one] - make a main Category 'Brand'- as Greg says have that red flaged, but make the actual Brands name as sub- categories - green, they will get found by google and point ads there as well.

Then they will not show in your menu.
    Graham
    Fields of Blue Group
    Fields of Blue - Lighting