Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone need and API? I've found someone!

Default Anyone need and API? I've found someone!

Hello!

Right, I have to introduce you to Simon, who I share an office with and have done for two years. Not only is he a brilliant office husband but I've just paid him a wadge of cash to sort out my API which he has, and I wanted to offer his services to anyone else who needs one. This is what he's done:

I can now extract orders from BP and send them over to the warehouse with the click of a button - it could be fully automated but I like to check over my orders before sending them over. I then upload the csv the warehouse sends me over at night and upload that into the new toy, and it ships my orders and adds tracking numbers to customer emails.

I can also resend any orders which have changed or haven't been received and need to be sent again (thanks Royal Mail ) with another click of a button.

I can also now click a button and it sucks all my orders - according to the date range I enter - out of BP and converts them into a csv file which Sage likes, which I then upload once a month. Saving me a 600 a year Tradebox subscription.

I heart Simon big time. I trust him too which is the main thing. He's a perfectionist and his stuff just works! If anyone would like his details just email me kate@myitchydog.co.uk

Thanks
    Kate

Thanks for that Kate.... I may have need of Simon's skills next year.
    Gill

A little update.

This API work I've had done is saving me a fortune. Or at least it's going to. I've reckoned on a year before it pays for itself. What I haven't factored in though is all the time I'm saving by not working on my orders, because they're automated, to work on growing the business.

My little box of tricks now does the following:

Fetchs orders
    Resends orders if I need them to
    Ships orders, uploads tracking numbers into orders and dispatch notes
    Automatically turns an expensive order (I set the threshold to 80) from an RM to a Courier delivery code so the warehouse send it via Interlink and it's tracked.
    Uploads daily stock levels from the warehouse onto BP
    Syncs all products with BP
    And this is my current favourite - now gives me a list of products I need to reorder, including the quantities I need to order
    Sucks all transactions out of BP and imports them into Sage when the bookkeeper makes it so

I am saving HOURS! Hours I tell you and it works like a charm.

So, if you need an OCD developer Simon is your man.

Congratulations Kate - You obviously get it and will be motivating other Blueparkers. Now you have your supplier stock availability can you automate the order to your supplier? Also label printing, i.e. continuous polling of pending orders at Bluepark that need a label. This stops any last-minute dispatch problems.
    Regards Rob

Thanks Rob, I will look at the supplier automation, great idea. The labelling is down to the warehouse. I have to click the orders through manually at the moment as bundles are a problem. If someone decides to 'upgrade' a bundle from a variant there's nothing I can do to stop them other than go in manually and reset it before sending over.

Can you PM me his details please.

Thanks
    Regards

Neil.

Done. Sent to your inbox.

Just a quick thank you to Kate for introducing Simon. He has done a great job.
    I did not want anything as complex as Kate's, I just wanted to link a suppliers stock to the website so that I could confidently put more of their product on site and also use them more for drop ship. All done and working beautifully now and like Kate, I think it will pay for itself in under a year in increased sales and less unnecessary work for me.
    Gill

Quote Originally Posted by Myitchydog View Post
    Done. Sent to your inbox.
    Hi Kate

could you pass on simons details also please.

thanks

Keith.

Royal Mail DMO and OBA slowly sending me RTB, could you let me have Simon's details so I, too, can pay him a wadge of cash please?

Thanks, Colin
    (RTB - Round The Bend)

I have found a way to possibly bypass DMO.

How many pkts do you send a day??
    Regards

Neil.

Between 50 and 100 per day

Have you found a way around it Neil ? Would be interested to know what it is. Sales are so bad at the moment that we're only sending around 20 packets a day at the moment

I have to state that I said possibly, but at the moment we are 90% certain. Had RM on site on weds am and they are making more detailed enquiries.

Simon has just linked my sites with APC via the api and it works beautifully. It looks like we can integrate with RM by the same route. It's not a fully automatic method - we can't use that due to varying weights. But I can book a parcel with APC and have the label in 10 - 15 seconds.

I will post up when we have more definate details.
    Regards

Neil.

Hi,
    Could you pass on Simons details please,
    Cheers
    Jon

Hi Kate,

Could you please send me Simon's details.

Many thanks

Keith

Hi Kate,

First of thank you for sharing your contact. Would you mind sending me Simons details too please?

Thank you

Michael

Hi Kate,

This API sounds pretty impressive and we're looking at a similar method for managing tracked orders.

If you could send on Simon's details that'd be great?

Many Thanks,

Richard

Can you please send simon's details ?

Many thanks,

Matt

Please can you send Simon's details?
    Thank you!
    Julie