Thread: yahoo search engine submission

Default yahoo search engine submission

Search engine submission was discussed previously here.

But I still cannot figure out how to submit the web on Yahoo.
    It would be great if somebody could briefly explain to me step by step what's need to be done (yes I am aware that the yahoo meta tag needs to be inserted in my homepage, but don't know how).

Where exactly can I insert the code in my template (please see below)?

"Yahoo gives you the option of putting some code in the <HEAD></HEAD> section of your site. You can put this in your template to make it easy. We've done that on Bluepark.co.uk."

Thank you in advance

P.S

By the way, MSN/Live's submission page is here

Hi,

The easiest way of doing this is to add the code to your homepage. Go into content-->page manager and click on your home page (path index.html)

Click the optional code tab and enter the code in the head section (developers) box
    Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by anataka View Post
    Search engine submission was discussed previously here.

But I still cannot figure out how to submit the web on Yahoo.
    It would be great if somebody could briefly explain to me step by step what's need to be done (yes I am aware that the yahoo meta tag needs to be inserted in my homepage, but don't know how).

Where exactly can I insert the code in my template (please see below)?

"Yahoo gives you the option of putting some code in the <HEAD></HEAD> section of your site. You can put this in your template to make it easy. We've done that on Bluepark.co.uk."

Thank you in advance

P.S

By the way, MSN/Live's submission page is here
    My understanding is that you have to pay to be submitted to Yahoo! $299 I believe, if you want to be listed under a commercial category (you can list in a non-commercial category for free).

Just curious to know if you are going for the paid submission entry, and in the future whether you get benefits from the listing?

Thank you for your posts, petad and dave.
    (Petad, sorry my bad English, I meant to ask how i could use yahoo's free submission/inclusion).

I have been considering paid submission of Yahoo! for PageRank of my sites for a while, but not sure spending $299 is worth it.

Has anyone got higher PR after spending $299 on yahoo?