Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Urgent Server Reboot: 10pm

so will all the data be available up until 10pm when the server was rebooted?

Any ideas of when it will be working again as we are all losing money, orders and customer confidence
    Cheers,

Graham

www.thatscrafty.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by andyk View Post
    Not something I've noticed???? Down for periods Monday, Tues and Weds. All data potentially lost for yesterday restoring back to 1am Tuesday? So we've potentially shipped goods with no records of what to who losing the value of the products shipped and egg on faces as all our records were on Bluepark? No one returned calls Worrying, maybe time to look at a redundant Magento site here and the USA with failover. Started playing last year but with the financial losses this is causing it would have been cheaper to have invested and finished that job. Still at least we were able to see on the Bluepark forum what the problem was last night.....oh no the forum was down. I think communication is poor, sorry dreadful.
    It was not something I noticed. I have been working on the site throughtout Monday and Tuesday and didn't have any issues at all. Obviously until 10pm last night.

But as you say, if they cannot do a full restore and soon, it's going to pi$$ a lot of people off.

And I agree the lack of updates is dreadful.

If they can get a full restore done very soon, I think it will all blow over. But if not, they may have a lot of people looking elsewhere.

I Still would love to know why they reset the servers, without backing the bloody things up first! WOuld have made a lot more sense to put of the reset until 1am if that when the backups are made, so at least they would have had a new backup to turn to when it all went tits up, which would mean we would not all be sitting here, hoping they can sort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    To clarify - the problems we are currently experiencing are of a 'virtual environmental' nature and not related to our physical servers hosted with Rapidswitch. Equally, there are no issues with any of our third party partners, who are working tirelessly to resolve the situation. The discussion was in relation to the possible restoration of a previously backed up copy, a 'what if' scenario. We have taken great care, throughout the whole process, to preserve data.
    With all due respect Lynne, if you have to use the data from 1am Tuesday morning, then I would disagree that great care has been taken to preserve data. Why not back them up before you reset?

At this moment what are the chance of data being lost, and what is the time scale? Minutes? Hours? Days?

I want to be as open as I can possibly be.

The initial crash on Monday was unexpected and unprecedented, following a long period of stability.

The reboot was a partial success last night, in that it brought back our cloud hosting system to an apparently healthy state. Some background repairs were still going to be necessary, but otherwise all sites were up.

Unfortunately, one of our servers was not brought back successfully. We (Bluepark) and our hosting/networking partners have been hard at work on this throughout the night and continuing this morning. To be clear, we are not alone in this - there is a team of around 5 people working exclusively to restore connectivity for everyone as soon as possible.

Due to the architecture of our cloud hosting platform, intensive disk activity on one server can affect the performance of other servers. The necessary repair job this morning unfortunately affected two other servers, this is continuing at the time of writing this. If the repair job does not complete successfully within a reasonable timeframe, we will abandon this process and normal activity should again be restored for the two other servers. The initially affected server will then be restored using the backups of Tuesday, 1am.

Please be assured that we are not taking this lightly, our customers' sites are the very heart of our business. Every available minute of our time is dedicated to resolving these issues.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Does anyone know if there is any way to access the RoundCube email without going through Bluepark - I have a vip customer who phoned who said he'd emailed me about a project, which is worth big bucks, and he needs a response by lunch time. I don't want to tell him I can't get his email because my website is down - not exactly a confidence booster! If there is anyway that I can access the email it will save my embarrassment.

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by jhpe07 View Post
    in the last 24 hours its been down for a total of 5h 34min, 76.8% uptime
    last week down for 5h 44min 96.59% uptime
    last year down for 8h 40min 99.88% downtime

on a custom date range going back 1 year excluding the last 24 hours uptime was 99.96%
    Where is this info from?
    Regards

Neil.

Rich, sorry I need to ask this as everyone affected is going to lose so much data and work from yesterday - why is there no back-up available for just before the server reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Where is this info from?
    My own personal info, I ping the server every 1 min via a free service called pingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne - SAF View Post
    With all due respect Lynne, if you have to use the data from 1am Tuesday morning, then I would disagree that great care has been taken to preserve data. Why not back them up before you reset?
    It can take up to 12 hours to fully back up a single server, also running backups during working hours impacts performance considerably.

We had a narrow window of opportunity last night to carry out the necessary work. It is highly regrettable to resort to backups that lose 24 hours of data, but this is preferable to risking complete data loss. We don't know yet whether this will be necessary, we are still trying to avoid this scenario.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

We are still down too. ScanMyShop shows the downtime of our own shop on this chart. BUT much worse than downtime is the prospect of losing any data...

scanmyshop.jpg

looks like we are back up and running
    Cheers,

Graham

www.thatscrafty.co.uk

Can't get into Admin, but the site is live and showing a product I added yesterday, and an item I sold out of yesterday evening is still sold out(!!) so hopefully panic over. I've just lost one order from when someone nipped on at 1am, but can more than live with that!!

Excellent news!! Hope everyone is back up?
    www.order-flowers.co.uk

Please give us a follow on Google+ We'll follow you back

We're back up, and looks like all yesterday's data is intact.
    Lisa

We're not........
    Regards

Neil.

Getting this message in order manager

[ An availability error has occurred when accessing the database ]

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    We're not........
    Us neither. Maybe the sites that are coming back up are the ones on the secondarily affected servers and not on the actual broken one?

Nor me! Hope I am next!
    Bengalcat

Quote Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
    We are still down too. ScanMyShop shows the downtime of our own shop on this chart. BUT much worse than downtime is the prospect of losing any data...

scanmyshop.jpg
    Harpo, it is not just data loss. We have no record of what was shipped or part shipped yesterday so we will have shipped products that need replacing and then reshipping i.e. we will have to pay for every product shipped twice (in most cases!), that is after we go egg faced to customers asking what they placed on their order! Alternatively we have shipped goods and have to refund their order as we have no audit trail. We have just got to pray Blue park email logs recover some of that information or will they be restored also? Otherwise we've lost money for every shipment made twice replacing the lost goods, lost staff wages, lost data, repeated data entry again and who knows what else.

We are back at the moment.