Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Urgent Server Reboot: 10pm

www.cartridges-ink.co.uk back on - order while you can!

Quote Originally Posted by CLO View Post
    www.cartridges-ink.co.uk back on - order while you can!
    Orders dumped to spreadsheet for this week thank god! Just going to have a nervous breakdown while we work out what to do next

We still have error:
    [ An availability error has occurred when accessing the database ]
    In User Manager.....

www.ronsmith.co.uk

We had that but it soon cleared. We lost the prices of a few variants but after re-allocating them and saving twice they came back and the message went.

It has been stressful for quite a few, but none more than the guys who have worked around the clock to get it sorted.
    Whatever/whoever is to blame is not the main issue and I am sure that Richard and the team will be initiating a plan to
    provide more robust contingencies. You can't always plan for every incident so thank you to them for doing their best.

John.

We seem to be back up and running, and all data looks intact - running at a nice fast speed too. Hope this is the same for everyone else affected, as we can now get on with updating, and processing etc.

This is a major issue, and quite worrying - but, even the best laid plans do sometimes go awry. I am just grateful for all of the hard work done by Bluepark for getting things back on an even keel. It must have been an exhausting and very worrying time for them too. But, once again, BP comes good, despite the odds…THANK YOU
    Terry

We can get into Admin and the website can be viewed, but you can't add anything to the basket - does anyone else have this?

My thanks as well to the BP team ...

Hi Valn,

Just tried checking your site, you're right, can't add anything to basket but can't offer any insights as to the reason. As an aside, the link in your footer doesn't work as there is a comma after the www instead of a full stop
    Lisa

www.digitalcolourservices.co.uk

A top quality Professional Print Service for Artists and Photographers

• Giclée Printing • Canvas Printing • Custom Greetings Cards • Envelopes • Cellophanes • Invitations • Photo Gifts etc.

Hi Lisa

Thanks for that - have amended my signature

Apparently there is still a problem with not being able to add products to the basket. Not sure why but Rich and Co are dealing with it.

Rich,

According to your page here:

http://www.bluepark.co.uk/web-hosting.html

Our sites are actually hosted on 2 physical servers at anyone time, is this correct?, if so how did it get to the stage where there was potentially loss of data?

I wonder if you could explain (after you have sorted out everything) how the sites are actually hosted, as I have always assumed 2 servers and cloud hosting = near 100% uptime and no data loss.
    Regards

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I have always assumed 2 servers and cloud hosting = near 100% uptime and no data loss.
    Yes that's what I thought as well Neil but maybe it's just me being thick and not understanding the workings correctly. Be interested to know more when like you say Rich has sorted everything out and ensured everyone is back to normality.
    Regards,

Dave

Thank you so much to everyone for your patience. The great news, as you will have noticed, is that we did not have to resort to using the backups. The repair job was ultimately the right decision and brought the initially affected server back online successfully. The two other affected servers recovered as I predicted they would. Our absolute top priority now is maintaining stability throughout our network.

We are aware of the database availability errors that some customers are experiencing on the repaired server, these are individual database tables which are in need of correction. We are building a comprehensive list of the tables affected and will repair them in turn. Please note, this will NOT affect other servers or the availability of this one, it's actually a very simple job - it's more a matter of identifying the tables that require correction. This is our current focus.

All of us here at Bluepark are very sorry for the significant disruption this has caused. We appreciate your understanding and are taking every possible measure to prevent this happening again.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Just a note to those using Google shopping - we have a large number of items showing as unavailable as Google tried to pick up our feed and check url's during the early hours when the sites were down. Might be worth doing manual upload if that's the case with you.
    Regards

Neil.

Following on from my last post, all of the database availability errors should now be gone. All database tables have been repaired successfully.

Rich,

According to your page here:

http://www.bluepark.co.uk/web-hosting.html

Our sites are actually hosted on 2 physical servers at anyone time, is this correct?, if so how did it get to the stage where there was potentially loss of data?

I wonder if you could explain (after you have sorted out everything) how the sites are actually hosted, as I have always assumed 2 servers and cloud hosting = near 100% uptime and no data loss.
    Can I just bring this back up given that our server, this forum and I think the BP website was down this morning.

If our sites are hosted on 2 servers why didn't the second hosting kick in and show instead and I thought that is how cloud servers work?

Have had a read and rapidswitch claim 100% uptime (apparently) for cloud hosting.

Just interested as after the longer outage a month ago, we got an almight kick down the rankings for 4 or 5 days afterwards by google.
    Regards

Neil.

Can I just bring this back up given that our server, this forum and I think the BP website was down this morning.

If our sites are hosted on 2 servers why didn't the second hosting kick in and show instead and I thought that is how cloud servers work?

Have had a read and rapidswitch claim 100% uptime (apparently) for cloud hosting.

Just interested as after the longer outage a month ago, we got an almight kick down the rankings for 4 or 5 days afterwards by google.
    The outage this morning was significantly shorter, hopefully there will be no impact with respect to Google.

Since the previous outage, we have been putting in place significant plans to improve our cloud and hardware infrastructure, changes which will be rolled out for all Bluepark customers. We are not ready to make an announcement on this yet, but will do so over the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The outage this morning was significantly shorter, hopefully there will be no impact with respect to Google.

Since the previous outage, we have been putting in place significant plans to improve our cloud and hardware infrastructure, changes which will be rolled out for all Bluepark customers. We are not ready to make an announcement on this yet, but will do so over the coming weeks.
    Yes, you are right, and unlike last time for us it didn't clash with the Google Shopping upload which I think made matters worse as google then came along and tried to do a big scan to see why it couldn't find the products.

I wasn't trying to pick faults with the BP service, I'm more trying to understand how it all works as when you hear the word 'cloud' muttered on the web these days, you usually hear the word '100% uptime' in the same sentence.
    Regards

Neil.