Thread: 3rd BP site up and running - Think Interflora for cakes

Smile 3rd BP site up and running - Think Interflora for cakes

Would love your thoughts on the site - and if you really want to try it out and test the cakes the code bpoffer will get you free standard delivery.

I like cakes.. Can I get a link?
    Analogue Seduction - Where music is our passion

oops - www.helloand.co.uk

Some people seem to be able to see it and some can't. Hope fully this will resolve over next 24 hours

Love the idea, great home page design and the tone of language is just right.

There's a few things I've come across that you might want to look at:
    I can see a white stripe (basically a gap) in header where the main section ends and the side bars begin. I can only see it on the homepage though.
    The home link in the navigation is sitting under the banner
    When hovering over the main navigation links there's a pink line that appears - it would be good if it just fitted the length of the word. Personal preference I think.
    In the left hand navigation, the pink heart that appears when hovering over the link appears on top of the longer named categories
    You might want to look at the font on some of the product pages - it's inconsistent.
    Again, personal preference but I'd like to see the cake package options in front of me, so if it's possible to make some of the pull down options radial instead that would better. I'm not a fan of having to choose one option before seeing the available options of the next pull down.

Good luck with the site, I'm sure it'll be a great success!

You can make the "Delivery Address" and "Custom Messge " boxes bigger by adding the following code to your template. It will change all boxes across the site. I know these boxes expand as you type text into them but I think it looks better when you can see more of the box to start with.

Template Editor / Site / Additonal CSS (Developers) - Just copy & paste it anywhere.

Code:
    .textarea
    {
        width: 300px;
        height: 180px;
    }

Thanks - it has been quite a challenge and we will look at all the helpful comments.

The biggest problem was allowing multiple orders to different addresses, while charging only one delivery fee per address.

Thought I had solved it but it only works if all products are ordered individually.

However a hotel ordered 12 boxes and got 12 lots of shipping added. I have put a custom option but not sure it is very clear.

Think it needs a lot of testing.

Personally, I would have the delivery address as part of the check out page rather than free format on the individual product page. That way, they can only send it to one address and you could give free postage (to the same address - becuase they can only have 1 address per order) based on the total amount.

I can't do this as many corporate orders are to go to a variety of addresses and they want to pay in one go rather than checking out multiple times.

I have now made shipping a related product which they add at the end of each item. Looks like it might work. http://www.helloand.co.uk/allyouneed.html

I would like to be able to add a date picker in a form - any ideas?

have you tried the %delivery or perhaps %deliverydate I can't remember which one, I'm pretty sure the support guys could help you with this. I can't see why it wouldn't work
    www.order-flowers.co.uk

Please give us a follow on Google+ We'll follow you back

We absolutely love the overall look of the site - and the master plan. Fantastic.
    A couple of itsy little things from the home page.
    1) Typo in How it Works' paragraph - send you image
    2) 'Custom Message' looks like 2 separate links initially and could make more sense on one line - perhaps 'Your Message'

Good Luck -

Chris

Cat Gifts

Hi Chris

Sorry for the delay in replying, hadn't checked in for a while. We have made quite a few updates, a never ending project!

Would you mind sending a link to the typo you spotted, I can't find it, but would like to correct it.

Thanks for the comments

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

Its the masterpiece page, sorry I think I said home page.

Regards,

Chris

............lloand.co.uk/masterpiece.html