Thread: Tracking reference

Default Tracking reference

How do I add a tracking number for my parcels to my dispatch email? I've put the tracking ref in the bottom of the order processor but don't think its showing on the email that goes. How can I add it please? Thanks.

In shipping manager under the fulfilment tab there is a field called tracking address (URL). We use DPD and for us the code is as follows

HTML Code:
    http://www.dpd.co.uk/tracking/quicktrack.do?search.consignmentNumber=%tracking&search.searchType=16&search.javascriptValidated=0

Note the variable above called %tracking

When we set an order to shipped/complete in the order manager we enter the DPD tracking reference for example 1788123321.

When BP sends the customer the email it replaces %tracking with the tracking number and includes the whole link within the email so all the customer needs to do to track the order is click on the link.
    Regards,

Dave

Thank you for your swift reply I will take a look

I have been looking for this link for ages on the DPD/Interlink site, thank you Dave....this also works for the Interlink Express site in case anyone uses this brand (owned by DPD and have the same systems just re-branded). http://www.interlinkexpress.com/tracking/quicktrack.do?search.consignmentNumber=%tracking&s earch.searchType=16&search.javascriptValidated=0

Just a quick note with regard to the tracking information , we also add it to the despatch note as well as the despatch email - if adding to the despatch note you need to use the string %trackingnumber rather than %tracking

http://www.dpd.co.uk/apps/tracking/?...trackingnumber

The advantage of having information on despatch note means if customers phone regarding their delivery we can open the tracking information from within bluepark rather than copy and paste number into couriers site.