Thread: Multiple Shipping Codes

Default Multiple Shipping Codes

HI,

I spoke with Liam at Bluepark yesterday who suggested I post this development request, as I believe this feature is essential.

We have multiple shipping codes with different fulfillment times across products. This works great if the customer puts one item in their basket or multiple items with the same code.

However, if the customer picks items with different shipping codes, it reverts to the catch all shipping method, which although you can specify fulfillment time, it may be longer than the fulfillment time on the items added.

As such, we need a development where when multiple shipping codes are in the basket you can choose for it to default to a generic "catch all" shipping time, or as I require the worst case "fulfillment time" from the items in the basket.

Hope this makes sense. Please support as I think this is a valuable (and hopefully simple!) development

George

A bit like Amazon's option of "do you want us to send all items in the order at the same time" (if they have different delivery timescales) ?

It would obviously increase the postage costs for the customer and may make order tracing/processing more difficult although BP does handle part orders at the moment but (as far as I'm aware) does allow for multiple postal charges (the site owner takes the hit).

Kind of (and this could be incorporated!), but all I want is that if I have products in the basket (one being 1 day ship, one being 3 day ship) Bluepark to default to the 3 day. Currently it will only pick up the "catch all" method (as they have different shipping codes) which you either specify a "fulfillment time" or nothing.

In the above instance, we could set the catch all to 3 day, but this doesn't help when we have 1,2,3,4,5,7 and 10 days lead time!

To allow the worst case, we could specify 10 day fulfillment on the catch all, but this is then wrong if the basket has say 1 and 3 day lead times in it!

Despite having been on BP for about 8 years, we are only now in the realms of using shipping code. We have some brands that limit the territories we can ship to. We put it live yesterday and then it all went wrong. If an international customer puts products in their basket that have different shipping codes the system explodes.

We had a lady who was in Australia. She wanted two items - one is not allowed to go the the US and one is, so they had different shipping codes. The only shipping offered said 'Australia' in the dropdown. It should have offered her Non Europe. No matter what we did, it kept saying your shipping code is invalid - even when I tried it myself as admin.

Is there some sort of catch all for international shipping?

Is "Australia" one of the allowed countries in BOTH shipping methods? If so, she would've been able to choose either if the Product Code(s) matched the product(s).

If you want to make one of your shipping methods override another, you need to set that shipping method to "Global".

Here are some shipping articles from Bluepark's blog.

What is a catch-all shipping method?

https://www.bluepark.co.uk/help/ship...-faq.html#faq1

How to: Set Up Multiple Shipping Methods

https://www.bluepark.co.uk/blog/how-...g-methods.html

Yes Australia was in both shipping codes as valid but weirdly the dropdown only offered the word 'Australia' in the shipping options. We don't have a shipping option with country names, it's UK, Europe or Non Europe. At first I thought it might be user error but I tried it myself and got the same issue. I even went via Remote Control and ordered one item. Then went back in to edit the order and as soon as I added the second product it said your shipping code is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
    Yes Australia was in both shipping codes as valid but weirdly the dropdown only offered the word 'Australia' in the shipping options. We don't have a shipping option with country names, it's UK, Europe or Non Europe. At first I thought it might be user error but I tried it myself and got the same issue. I even went via Remote Control and ordered one item. Then went back in to edit the order and as soon as I added the second product it said your shipping code is invalid.
    Are you sure the drop down isn't the country drop down list and you have no shipping methods for Australia?

A link to your site would help and what products are you talking about.

[QUOTE=Red Devil;53561]Are you sure the drop down isn't the country drop down list and you have no shipping methods for Australia?

Absolutely 100% sure, it was the shipping dropdown. I temporarily changed the products to all be the same shipping code as it was stopping sales. We sell a lot to Australia and yesterday was the first day we put a different shipping code live. Each product individually could be checked out without issue, but put them together and it all went wrong.

I think you have to have one shipping code as "global" (if you have more than one shipping code for any given country) otherwise the system gets confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    I think you have to have one shipping code as "global" (if you have more than one shipping code for any given country) otherwise the system gets confused.
    Hmm assuming that therefore Global will get offered at all times, the problem we will have is that it will be offered as an option at checkout so the people trying to buy something for delivery to the USA will get round the issue by selecting the Global method.

Thanks for thinking this through for me Red Devil. I have taken another look at my shipping options and I do have 'Hide if Can't Ship' ticked. I wonder if that might have caused the problem as the system tried to hide both choices and then didn't know which one to display. I am going to go see if that helps at all.

EDIT: Tested it, it didn't help. I added two products, both can be shipped to Australia but one can't go to the US. The system would not offer me a shipping option outside of Europe.

Darn it, thought if I create a RoW Global and ticked Catch All it would come up as an option seeing as the other options don't apply and that is the point of a Catch All. It was not offered. Again all RoW shipping options did not display.

Quote Originally Posted by georgewalker View Post
    HI,

I spoke with Liam at Bluepark yesterday who suggested I post this development request, as I believe this feature is essential.

We have multiple shipping codes with different fulfillment times across products. This works great if the customer puts one item in their basket or multiple items with the same code.

However, if the customer picks items with different shipping codes, it reverts to the catch all shipping method, which although you can specify fulfillment time, it may be longer than the fulfillment time on the items added.

As such, we need a development where when multiple shipping codes are in the basket you can choose for it to default to a generic "catch all" shipping time, or as I require the worst case "fulfillment time" from the items in the basket.

Hope this makes sense. Please support as I think this is a valuable (and hopefully simple!) development

George
    Was there ever a fix for this? As i am having the same issue. For me mixed orders using the catch-all still show the earliest delivery date, instead of the latest as specified in the catch-all.