Thread: Question about the Information block

Default Question about the Information block

I'm currently in the middle of revising my site and wanted to move my legal statements down into the footer. I've managed that but seem unable to remove them from the Information block - it sounds like that may not be possible? Also some other things in the Info block are in the top navigation as well, so probably don't need to be in the side columns. Would I be better removing Information completely and creating a custom block for the pages I do want in the sidebars?

Would that raise any issues?

Thanks in advance
    Julie
    Visit Night Owl Creative for hand-crafted jewellery and gifts, with 10% off for Blueparkers - code "BPark10"

That should be removed using your block manager.
    Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. I can remove the Information block no problem, just can't figure out how to make a new block with just the pages from the Information block that I want. I've sent in a support ticket, but being weekend I guess it will be a while before any reply.
    Visit Night Owl Creative for hand-crafted jewellery and gifts, with 10% off for Blueparkers - code "BPark10"

Just click the Green Flag on the pages you don't want on the information menu. Turn the flag Red. Do this in Content > Page Manager.

Oh my goodness, how simple was that?? I had assumed that if I deactivated those pages, then my links to them in the footer wouldn't work, but they do!

Thank you so much Greg.

Julie

You're welcome. If you deactivate pages they can still be linked from anywhere else but won't appear in the menu in the information block.