Thread: Mail Chimp integration help please

Default Mail Chimp integration help please

I'm trying to integrate a Mail Chimp sign-up form into the footer of my Bluepark site. I have generated the HTML and tried to insert it, but it's way too big for the footer area. I have very little HTML knowledge, so can't figure out what I need to do to make it fit. Can anyone help please or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    Julie
    Visit Night Owl Creative for hand-crafted jewellery and gifts, with 10% off for Blueparkers - code "BPark10"

Hey Julie
    You have to chose the 'Embedded forms' not the 'General forms'?
    Then there should be a 'Super slim' tab option?

or is that what you've done and still too large?

thx
    Shelley

Thanks for the advice Shelley All I had done was to add the MailChimp code into the box for Footer Content -after the other content that is already there. The form appeared to function as it should but nowhere near fitted into the footer space. Beyond that I am way out of my depth - I can't find any mention of "Embedded Forms" on a search in the help files, so I'm lost. I guess it's time for a support ticket.

Julie
    Visit Night Owl Creative for hand-crafted jewellery and gifts, with 10% off for Blueparkers - code "BPark10"

If you go to 'Lists' section in Mailchimp in the dropdown to the right of your list title select 'Signup forms' you'll then see Embedded Forms and there's little tabs at the top which should have a Super Slim option

good luck!

Oh thank you Shelley! I had assumed you meant in the BP configuration, duh, silly me!

Just a philosophical point really - why are you having anything to do with Mailchimp when you have the BP Email Manager?

Quote Originally Posted by CLO View Post
    Just a philosophical point really - why are you having anything to do with Mailchimp when you have the BP Email Manager?
    I'd be interested in knowing that as well. How good is the BP Email Manager compared to Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc. Does it have the same functionality as these, e.g. which emails bounce, who opened emails and how many were opened, who opened links embedded in emails, ability to create numerous lists, a range of templates, etc?
    Thanks

In a word - no! Mailchimp is wonderful, I agree, but costs - from memory - above 2000 relays. The BP Email Manager though is unlimited, so you can send, say 100,000, free of charge.

To answer you specifically, if you do an e-shot on BP, you know how many have been sent, and how many views you have.
    You get bounces in your own email inbox, so have to do your own analysis.
    Unsubscribes ditto.
    You don't know who clicked through or how many, but Analytics gives a steer.
    Ability to keep numerous lists. Yes and no, in that you can use the BP groups function. I use Access database.
    A range of templates - yes. Each email is saved, and you have the WISIWYG system available, which is familiar to most of us who design our own blocks etc.

Always check your email content with http://www.mail-tester.com/

Cate has touched on it in various blogs:

http://www.bluepark.co.uk/blog/10-bl...nversions.html

http://www.bluepark.co.uk/blog/ten-t...wsletters.html

We use mailchimp and as we've exceeded the free list limits now pay for it.

This is more from convenience than anything else. The BP version is fine but requires more time to design and hasn't the same "nice to have" bells and whistles such as auto birthday emails and the like that we use on mailchimp.

We have had a halfhearted go at using BP's system, but managing unsubscribes across the two platforms was a pain, as was trying to get the emails to be responsive to display right on mobile.

This is definitely something we will look at addressing in the future but as we are quite time poor we're being lazy and sticking with mailchimp lol
    www.order-flowers.co.uk

Please give us a follow on Google+ We'll follow you back

Quote Originally Posted by CLO View Post
    I just knew somebody would bring this up! And I think you answered your own question really Chris - MailChimp features, ease of use etc. Also the fact that I'm already using MailChimp on another site, plus a newsletter sign-up form on Facebook, so it makes sense to keep everything together. I'm not likely to hit 2,000 subscribers anytime soon, so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Quite right, JulieAnne! It is definitely horses for courses, and Mailchimp is stunningly good, and deservedly No 1.

There is though a lot to be said for BP's Email Manager, and it is good that Blueparkers have a choice.

Did you solve your original problem?

Yes Chris, I agree, it's great that we have the choice and I'm thankful for all the other great features we have such as discount codes and loyalty points - that will be my next task.

No I haven't exactly solved my problem integrating the MailChimp form - sadly lacking knowledge in the HTML/CSS department - but I've managed actually to get it functional and approximately in the right place in the footer. Super busy now working towards a craft fair this weekend, so I will have to accept the mess for now and get back to it next week. At least it works if somebody wants to sign up.

PM me if you want me to help you next week - it's probably not too difficult.

Have a good Fair.

I might just take you up on that Chris, thank you so much. I agree, I don't think I'm TOO far off, needs some tweaking and tidying.

Ohhh and the signup form is working on my phone too so I can take subscribers while I'm at the fair - progress, yay!

Notice you are doing a craft fair this weekend, have you looked at this topic http://www.bluepark.co.uk/forums/sho...6928#post46928 have a look at reply #9 by Red Devil really good advice, especially taking email address etc

Hi Steve, thanks for your post - yes, very good advice and I've actually done this for years in my previous business, which dates back long before emails were heard of. Back then it was an invitation to receive a printed flyer that went out by snail mail each time a fashion show was upcoming.

So, my jewellery business is not so much a start-up as a "start again". It's the online element that's harder for me, I've always been used to dealing with customers face-to-face and my website has only served as a brochure up until now. I realised the need for collecting email addresses and did this the last time I was at this same craft fair in December with a prize draw as the pull. At that time I had printed forms, but now I have an app for MailChimp running on my phone so people can sign up online right away, and all the legalities are taken care of. I've sent a newsletter announcing the craft fair to all those who signed up last time, with a discount offer and a free gift to collect if they attend - also a Bluepark voucher code to use online if they can't.

I've actually had an 80% open rate so far on the newsletter which went out Tuesday evening, so pretty happy about that!

Thanks everyone for the support.
    Julie

Hi Julie
    You seem to be on top of it, hop you have a good weekend at the fair, let us know how you got on

Cheers
    Steve