Thread: API Survey

Default API Survey

Dear All, I am asking you for your votes for API software that I have already written that can be adapted for the wider Bluepark community.
    Look down the list, if there is something that your business needs or that you are fed up doing manually please vote for it. The item with the highest number of votes gets my immediate attention.

The page can be found on my own Bluepark site here and will only take a couple of minutes to complete.

Thank you.
    Rob Hodgson

Well done Rob, this is great to see and what I had in mind when the API was released. I hope everyone supports this project and gives you the feedback you've requested. It will benefit everyone in the long run.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Good work Rob,

We don't have any overwhelming need for further API development, but have completed the survey for a couple of "nice to haves".

Hopefully this gets the traction it deserves too, best of luck!
    www.order-flowers.co.uk

Please give us a follow on Google+ We'll follow you back

Just in reply to this, things like DPD and UPS integration would be such a time saver, that we would be willing to pay for these, I would also like to see some sort of Etsy integration, if there is not enough interest in Etsy, I would be interested for Rob to PM me with prices for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well done Rob, this is great to see and what I had in mind when the API was released. I hope everyone supports this project and gives you the feedback you've requested. It will benefit everyone in the long run.
    Thank you for your enlightened attitude. I would hope to do this the right way, it has to be gently commercial, but I am in this for the long-term with BP. I think that the further we as a community go in this direction (resources allowing) the bigger the payback for Bluepark and its customers in equal measure. What we physically sell is important but we are effectively competing with software packages for customers attention throughout the selling process. Using the API we can quite simply do more with less.
    Rob

Done! Thanks

Done. Our website is far from being our core market, but if there are time savings to made on the management then we are definitely interested. Particularly interested in the quality checking that you have mentioned.
    Joe

Hi Rob

Just one that we probably would be interested in. www.textmarketer.co.uk they have an api available to integrate but that stuffs beyond me.

Would be interested if you could have this send out "Thank you for your order" and "Your order has been delivered" type sms's based on bluepark order statuses.

Let me know if this is doable.

Thanks

Darren
    www.order-flowers.co.uk

Default SMS Integration

Dear Darren, This is doable, I already have an SMS account connected for high-value inbound orders alerts and do something similar.
    The 'Thank you for your order' could either go out when a 'Pending' Order turns into a 'Completed' Order or you could use a Custom Status such as when a 'Shipped' or 'Completed' Order changes to 'Delivered'. Bluepark do not have an API method for Order Statuses so its a case of associating a number to an Order Status that you have already created. It would probably be useful to others and I have added this SMS functionality to the Poll. If anybody else is interested please complete the survey. It doesn't have to be a textmarketer account as other SMS 3rd parties with an API should also work with minimal changes.

I will contact you privately with a quote and some specification details.
    Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowers View Post
    Hi Rob

Just one that we probably would be interested in. www.textmarketer.co.uk they have an api available to integrate but that stuffs beyond me.

Would be interested if you could have this send out "Thank you for your order" and "Your order has been delivered" type sms's based on bluepark order statuses.

Let me know if this is doable.

Thanks

Darren

interesting, I've messaged you.
    Bather..

Hi Bather, Sorry haven't got the PM. Call me on the bandanashop.com main number or rob@bandanashop.com if you want an informal chat?
    Regards
    Rob

Hi Rob

Yes please, if you could email me at darren@order-flowers.co.uk that would be great.

It's easy enough for us to set up new statuses of dispatched and delivered which is what we'd want to use this for.

Many thanks
    www.order-flowers.co.uk

Hi Rob, I did your form on your web site with comments. I'll e-mail you direct.
    Bather..

Thank you to everybody who completed the survey. All your comments have been noted and I have been in contact with some of you already.
    I am coding the first in what will be a series of Blueprint Tools to get more done using the API. Watch this space.
    Regards
    Rob

Dear All,
    For anyone monitoring the results of this survey, I can now tell you that I am working on a Win32/64/Linux software development that will link the Bluepark API with the Royal Mail APIs for label production and ultimately tracking information.

This will be 'version 3.0' for me as I already have this working in-house for both my bluepark sites but using the R.M DMO On Demand Shipping. I have learnt a lot about what is possible with RM and Bluepark. This existing software is already a massive personal time and money saver but subject to the vagaries of the DMO system as regards specific browser and java versions. (The limiting factor is solely Royal Mail's poor design and implementation.) Using the Royal Mail API will remove this dependency and all specific customisation for my own sites on bluepark will be removed and re-factored ready for any bluepark site to use.

If like me, Royal Mail is a big monthly outgoing cost to you then ensuring that each parcel has the right service and the right price is vital. if you have ever spent more time than you cared in front of a DMO Screen importing or rekeying then this will be of interest to you.

I intend to demonstrate that your Return-On-Investment (ROI) calculation for this software will be explicit and easy to make.

Other ad-hoc compiled programs will also be available soon for people that have expressed an interest in the survey as the underlying foundation linking to the Bluepark API will already be done.

Regards
    Rob

www.bandanashop.com

The other way to book on with Royal Mail is via netdespatch. We have APC done via this and it works a dream. We are also looking at going the Royal Mail route via this option.
    Regards

Neil.