Thread: Amazon Pending Orders - API Integration

Default Amazon Pending Orders - API Integration

This one's for Rich and maybe a bit early yet

As Amazon orders can be pending from anything from 10 minutes to 24 hours how will the API deal with this? Will we be notified of pending orders? For businesses with B&M stores (or other non-linked to our web outlets) we could sell them instore and then not have stock for the Amazon order when it eventually comes through?

Ian

Not sure you are told by Amazon that you have pending orders anyway, the only time we find out is when we sign in to our seller account and we can see if there is any pending orders

Hi,There is a period when you have pending orders and the state can be retrieved, however there is limited information to be retrieved, for example you don't know any customer details, so you can't create a sensible order. You 'might' be able to put the BP stock into reserved state but against what I'm not sure. This preceeds the 'UnShipped' or 'PartiallyShipped' state where you know its yours and the clock is ticking. The Pending state was introduced by Amazon because most customer cancellations are done immediately after the sale. in my experience this period is closer to minutes rather than hours. When it extends to 24hrs its a card decline or similar and likely to turn to a cancellation anyway. However, I appreciate your potential problem. A solution would be to synchronise your stock quantities with Amazon within the 'Pending' period however a I am not now on Enterprise I have no visibility of that.
    Regards
    Rob
    Bandanashop.com

I've had an order pending for 5 days which eventually went through (and Amazon told me they can remain pending for up to 14 days).

Messes with stock and holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandanashop View Post
    Hi,There is a period when you have pending orders and the state can be retrieved, however there is limited information to be retrieved
    Can the product sku be retrieved? If it can then maybe an email could be sent to the shop owner telling them to put that product aside until the order is completed or cancelled.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Les78 View Post
    Can the product sku be retrieved? If it can then maybe an email could be sent to the shop owner telling them to put that product aside until the order is completed or cancelled.

Ian
    Here's the info you see - this is one I currently still have pending from last Sunday, so yes can retrieve SKU

29 Mar 2015
    22:42:56 BDT 203-5728464-2597968
    Cool Cat Collars Red Double Velvet Soft Cat Collar
    QTY: 1 ASIN: B00GO1V5Y4 SKU: DVCC-RD

Sales channel: Amazon.co.uk

There is nothing worse than switching your Amazon holiday settings on, going away, then 3 days later an email from Amazon telling you to dispatch an order, it has to be the most stupid set-up ever for sellers, basically is Amazon saying small business owners should never take a holiday.

This can be achieved via the API as Linnworks operates this way. When we receive an unpaid / pending order Linnworks will create an order with whatever information is available, even if it's just the SKUs & quantities.

The stock is then reserved but the order is locked & marked as unpaid so you don't dispatch the order by accident, once payment has been cleared the order is then updated to paid & unlocked, ready for dispatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    I've had an order pending for 5 days which eventually went through (and Amazon told me they can remain pending for up to 14 days).

Messes with stock and holidays!
    This is also true, we've had one pending for the full 14 days before the order was cancelled by Amazon.