Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like this close up facility

Default Would you like this close up facility

Hi

At the back end of last year I found a site using a cursor close up feature.... that is the best way I can describe it. Basically if you drag the cursor over the product image it creates a small window close up of that section of the image. I was really impressed and thought it would be a major benefit for a site like mine where customers are particularly interested in seeing the style, design decorative features etc in as much detail as possible.

I sent the link for the site using this facility to Rich and asked if it would be possible to have this facility on Bluepark. He liked it and put it on his to look at list - I've checked with him this weekend and it is still pending.... He said he was not sure how much interest there would be in the Bluepark community as a whole, so with his permission I have started this thread to see what others think of this facility. I hope you like it as much as I do and help persuade Rich to put this higher up his to do list. Here is a link to a site using it.

http://www.becheeky.com/embroidered-...61.html?sdid=4

Please all give feedback.

Thank you

Gill
    www.ever-so-sexy.com
    PS - it peeves me to give a free link to a competitor! But I did not have time to trawl the web for a non-lingerie site using the facility.

Hi Gill,

That link got my heart pumping well

Although we have no requirement for the image zoom feature I can see for certain markets such as jewellery and clothes it would be very useful.

Would be a good enhancement to Bluepark and yet another feature that Bluepark's competitors don't have, so it gets my vote
    Regards,

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I thought it might be useful for some kinds of toys... puzzles etc. It would be interesting to see via the feedback how many different kinds of products might benefit. Later, if time permits, I am going to try to find other products using it out on the web.

Bye for now

Gill
    www.ever-so-sexy.com

Yep, I've always liked this "close up" function when I've seen it on other websites.

Would be useful for us, definitely.

Agreed, we would definitely use it.
    Regards

We would probably use it on some items.

Yes, I think this would be a nice addition

Thanks guys for the input... seems like I am not the only one who would like this - but maybe need a few more votes before Rich promotes it up the to do list.... what do you think?

Gill
    www.ever-so-sexy.com

hiya.... will third, forth - tenth this, whatever but like Dave, the blood pressure went up a few notches with your example link....

Thanks Mike,
    I hope I am not going to be responsible for some heart attacks - with all this blood pressure rising... I'll try to find a more demure example next. Interest certainly seems positive. Not sure how it is in terms of the volume of Blueparkers.... how many in total are there of us now? Anyway I am really going to try to find another example of this in use on the web today and one that is not going to excite our red blooded male population too much :-)

Cheers
    Gill
    www.ever-so-sexy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gillf View Post
    I hope I am not going to be responsible for some heart attacks - with all this blood pressure rising... I'll try to find a more demure example next. Interest certainly seems positive. Not sure how it is in terms of the volume of Blueparkers.... how many in total are there of us now? Anyway I am really going to try to find another example of this in use on the web today and one that is not going to excite our red blooded male population too much :-)

Cheers
    Gill
    www.ever-so-sexy.com
    Hi Gill,

Don't worry my heart is still pumping and there is no need to find another example as the one given illustrates the functionality quite nicely

In terms of the volume of Bluepark users, there are currently 184 members on the forum but only 52 are active. I'm sure there will be other users who either have not found the forum or have no need to register.

So only 3.26% of forum members have responded to your request
    Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave

Thanks for the statistics. I think I need some more positive feedback to encourage Rich to move this up his priorities list. So fingers x'd there is some.

Bye for now

Gill

www.ever-so-sexy.com

Hi Gill

I would definately use this as some of my baby products have small details on them which people would love so count me in too!

Vicki

Thanks for your vote Vicky... its all positive so far. But need more votes. Come on you guys who have not commented. Don't you have a product that needs a close up?
    Cheers
    Gill
    www.ever-so-sexy.com

Could come in handy for picking up on the extra details of the models we sell, so it gets my vote.

Yes the close up facility is very nice and would be good for my products.
    However the lightbox function that brings up a very large picture is more important and am not sure how both would be implemented?

Hi,

I agree I like the lightbox a lot - I was hoping that it would be possible to have both. Perhaps Rich could drop a comment on that???

Gill

Silk & Sexy Lingerie

I hadn't thought of that, hope we can have both. Of the two, I wouldn't want to loose the lightbox - generally, it is of more use to us.
    Regards

Hi Mike

Yes I agree. If we can't have both then the lightbox has my vote. As a non tech person I have no idea whether it is possible or not to have both... but I am all for doing anything that supports customer conversion, and I think this is one that might do that.... putting my customer head on and as an online customer, the more I can see and know about a product the more likely I am to buy. Clearly this is something important to all of us... so hopefully Rich will be able to add this option as a an extra to the lightbox... Rich????

Bye for now
    Gill

Silk & Sexy Lingerie Online

I'd love to have both facility.
    Sooner or later, this feature needs to be developed, I think.
    (even though I'm happy with lightbox for the moment)