Thread: Currency problem

Default Currency problem

Hi, wonder if someone can help, please?

My last 3 orders (all UK) show US dollars in the order confirmation emails but on the invoices.

Chances of the last 3 customers, all based in UK, all changing the default currency to dollars seems a bit slim

In admin, make sure you have not clicked on the $ currency on your website.

No, in admin I am seeing all prices in sterling.
    I'm sure they are ordering in sterling and the invoice is in sterling it's just the order emails are coming through in dollars.

In my settings - currency - I have 3 currencies set and sterling is shown as default. However, the sterling box to make active is greyed out. The other 2 currencies have boxes which are ticked as active.

Could this be the reason?

No, it can't be that because I have US $ as my default and the box is greyed out. I think that the one you choose as default has the box greyed out.
    Bengalcat

Ok thanks, bengalcat

Just discovered this is not my personal website problem as the same thing has just happened on my other website so its a larger problem than just me I think.

Does you currency change automatically depending on the customer's location (IP)? A number of UK web users are using US proxies to avoid download tracking and things like youtube content restrictions. If you customer is accessing your site through one of these proxies it is possible the the site may treat them as a US user. I'm fairly vague on the technicalities of all this, but it seems like it could be a possible cause of the issue IMO.
    Joe

No currency selection is optional and manual.
    This is an sudden issue - which began yesterday and is affecting all orders on 2 websites

Just checked email log for yesterday and New Order emails are in dollars and the Order Processed emails are in sterling for the same orders. So it looks as if it is a problem only with the initial new order emails to customer and myself. Invoices are in sterling,

Right I think I'll try removing the currency convertor and see if that solves the problem!

OK that didn't work. I have no currency convertor on website but another order email just through is in dollars again
    Any ideas anyone, please?
    It looks bad to customers I think as they might panic and think they've bought from and american website

I know what this is now. The customer is seeing GBP, only the email is being sent in USD. Basically your payment processor, which completes the order, is being geolocated as US-based and is triggering USD.

I will be able to fix this around midday.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Hi Rich, don't know if this helps but I set all countries to sterling and set dollars and euro to inactive. Order email just came through in sterling.