Thread: Freeparking Domain Name Registrar

Default Freeparking Domain Name Registrar

If anyone is thinking of registering their domains or setting up email with Freeparking, please don't! They are a complete and utter joke! My website has been down all morning and this is the second time in 2 weeks. Email comes and goes when it feels like it and you can't get in touch with them at the moment, as their website is also down, but even when you do, they generally ignore your support requests! So frustrating.

I need to find a good UK based company to transfer all of my domains to. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable company?

Thanks,
    Yvonne
    www.expatessentials.com

Hi Red Devil, thanks for that, I thought they looked the best too.

The challenge I have is that I can't log into my Freeparking account because everything is down and even if/when it comes back up, if I send a support request re getting their permission to release the domains, they'll probably just ignore it, as is their usual style! Do you know if there's any way of transferring without having to get Freeparking to agree to release them?

This is just a nightmare, as my email is hosted with them too, so I basically don't have a business at the moment!

I think you will need to get their permission but they can't stop you from transferring the domain(s) because it belongs to you.

I second 123-reg. I have all of my domains with them. They can be a little iffy with their support when you contact them. However they make up for that by having a set up where you pretty much control everything about your domain through the control panel and their online help guides normally answer any questions

If I remember rightly you can initate the domain transfer by contacting your new provider.

Thanks Guys,

I've sent an email to 123-reg, so I'll see what they say. No idea how long it will be before Freeparking are back up and running, so there's no way of contacting them at the moment, other than Twitter, but that just gets the standard response.

I've also asked BP if there's any other way I can access my Bluepark admin, as I'm totally cut off at the moment!

Thanks for your help though, really appreciate it.

If you know the IP address of your server at BP you may be able to access it using the IP.

Try this TEMPORARILY: http://212.38.181.178

Hi Harpo,

Thanks for that, Rich pointed me in that direction too. I'm so dim when it comes to domain related stuff, I didn't even know you could access it any other way!

Freeparking have finally got their problem fixed, but it's taken all day and I'm sure it won't be long until the next time, so tomorrow I'll start the ball rolling to transfer all my domains to 123-reg and email to Bluepark.

Phew! It's been a very stressful day. Time for a large glass or two of wine me thinks!

123-Reg always been rock solid for me over years, never had call to use their customer services as never had a problem !
    Bather..