Thread: People not getting their loyalty points

Default People not getting their loyalty points

I have had a few emails from registered customers in the last few weeks complaining that they have not been given their loyalty points. Anyone else experiencing this?

Looking through my users, I see quite a few who have placed orders but have no loyalty points. For example, of the most recent 20 users on the first page, 18 placed orders yet only 6 have any loyalty points. I don't see how that could be?

For a long while now, I have been going through the users each day to check that loyalty points are being awarded - I have to add them manually to several customers a day. It's the new registered customers and their first orders that seem to be causing the problem.
    Cheers,

Graham

www.thatscrafty.co.uk

Yes, same here. Glad it is not just me then.

Rich, can you investigate please?

Check how you have the account generation set up. I had an issue where customers were not getting loyalty points and it turned out they were saying yes to creating an account AFTER the transaction - ie on the payment success page. In these cases, the points were not awarded as the account came after the fact.

EDIT: Because of this we now offer account creation before checkout not after.

I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me but didn't Rich solve that issue some time last year in an update expressly to deal with people registering immediately after the order was placed. It meant that in those cases customers would still get assigned their loyalty points. I feel sure that was supposed to have been done as it was happening so often. Maybe I dreamt it... not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me but didn't Rich solve that issue some time last year in an update expressly to deal with people registering immediately after the order was placed. It meant that in those cases customers would still get assigned their loyalty points. I feel sure that was supposed to have been done as it was happening so often. Maybe I dreamt it... not sure.
    No, you're not dreaming it. :-)
    Cheers,

Graham

www.thatscrafty.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    No, you're right, I had forgotten a fix had been done.

Quote Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
    No, you're right, I had forgotten a fix had been done.
    You're right in saying that a fix had been put in for people creating an account immediately after purchasing.

I've reviewed the code in detail and I believe I've now identified the reason it was working inconsistently up until now. It's something I've missed previously, sorry for the length of time it's taken to fix this one.

Please continue to monitor this, but I think you'll find it is consistent in future.

However, one thing to remember - if the customer closes the browser after ordering, then returns later and creates an account - no points will be awarded. They have to sign up during their current browser session, otherwise the "pending" points are discarded.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Thanks, will see how it goes.

Yeah, understood about if they leave and come back.