Thread: Currency

Default Currency

Customer has just emailed to say prices on website are shown in US dollars. She has ordered before and prices were shown in s. I understand that the website might be automatically selecting a currency depending upon her current IP address?

I would like to switch this off so that prices are always shown in s regardless of location so that customers are instantly aware that goods are coming from the UK. Is there any way to force sterling as default currency to everyone?

Site > Currency Manager

Check Sterling only. If that is what you already have, then this is one for a higher being than me!

I've got sterling as default but with dollars and euros as active.

It would be good if customer could choose to switch to another currency but were shown sterling automatically to begin with. This is what I'd like to happen but don't know if it is achievable.

If you have € and $ active then I suggest you look over to the right and think about editing the countries. I only have active, so don't use this facility, so can't go much further than this with advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    I've got sterling as default but with dollars and euros as active.

It would be good if customer could choose to switch to another currency but were shown sterling automatically to begin with. This is what I'd like to happen but don't know if it is achievable.
    Hi Jane,

Just to recap: to set your default currency, log in and go to Site > Currency Manager. Once you set your default (in our case Sterling), you can add other currencies (we have 5 others) you wish customers to be able to use while browsing your site.

For example, someone browsing from America can choose to see prices in US dollars if you have this option available. Note that all payments are processed using the default currency.

To allow customers to pick their local currency when on your site, you need to add the Location Block to your site. (Warning: I think its the Location Block but I changed the name on ours to Exchange Rate Guide and Im relying on memory here never a good thing to do, in my case!)

This block adds a drop down list to your site so customers can then choose to browse your site in their local currency.

I hope this helps, best wishes,

Geoff

MSE Books a great deal for collectors

Thanks Geoff, I have this set up and think Chris has the solution - thanks Chris - I have now ticked all countries under the sterling default, so I'm hoping website will show sterling as default to everyone now