Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Variant Price Range Descriptions

Default Variant Price Range Descriptions

We have many items which have variants with a range of prices. At present it displays the full price range e.g. £1.99 - £4.99. It would be more desirable to have this displayed as 'From £1.99'. We have had a few cases where the the from-to has been mis-read and the feeling is the 'From..£' gives a greater incentive for the user to click further.

I realise this is probably a modification, but would be interested on the views of others as to whether this was worthwhile.

Regards
    Jonathan Read

Could I try again with this post as the problem has cropped up again (customers eh!)... We would like a product with different priced variants to show 'Prices From £x.xx' (with the lowest price displayed).

No one seemed interested before - perhaps this has changed.

Regards
    Jonathan Read

Absolutely seconded! Had two cases of misunderstanding over exactly this issue this week on the Single Use Wristbands site.

I agree with this.

Me too.

I think in the "old days" it used to just display the lowest price and was changed to show the price range as it is now, but your suggestion would be better still.

Yes I also want this. It seems like it would be simple for Rich to implement this.

It would be great if this option was only available for certain products though.

This is an old one, but still current. Any possibility of having variants prices displayed as 'price from £'?
    Jonathan Read

I've been trying to find if this is possible too and have got as far as being able to add the word 'From' using the 'EasyEdit' > 'Product Cell Design' > 'Product list (multi-column)' HTML template but with my non-existent coding skills I'm not sure how to change the variable so it just shows the lowest price. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be extremely grateful
    Lisa

www.digitalcolourservices.co.uk

A top quality Professional Print Service for Artists and Photographers

• Giclée Printing • Canvas Printing • Custom Greetings Cards • Envelopes • Cellophanes • Invitations • Photo Gifts etc.

I believe this is so old it is called a Zombie Thread. However, I have the same question and it doesn't appear to have been answered. Is there a way to display 'From £xx.xx' on the cat pages etc when variants are priced differently. We have quite a few elderly customers and I know for sure our new product that has a different price is going to confuse them as it now says Price 14.00-19.00 They are going to think the price has gone up.

Quote Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
    I believe this is so old it is called a Zombie Thread. However, I have the same question and it doesn't appear to have been answered. Is there a way to display 'From £xx.xx' on the cat pages etc when variants are priced differently. We have quite a few elderly customers and I know for sure our new product that has a different price is going to confuse them as it now says Price 14.00-19.00 They are going to think the price has gone up.
    Uncheck Display variant price ranges:
    in configuration/ catalogue

That doesn't add the 'from' part though, unfortunately. It simply shows only the lowest price, which is even more misleading.

I vote for a 'from £xx' option too.

I stopped listing variants with different prices and list them as separate products because of this issue. My vote is for "from £xxx" too.
    Gill

Our vote would be for 'from £xxx' as well.

+1 for this!

So who wants to raise the ticket so BP know we want this?

Quote Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
    So who wants to raise the ticket so BP know we want this?
    Are they not reading the forum? I thought I read that they do and then pick up on any issues/ideas where there is a volume of interest. But perhaps I imagined it.
    Gill

You can add the word 'from' by editing your template, we've done it on this category:

http://www.digitalcolourservices.co....ngs-cards.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    I've been trying to find if this is possible too and have got as far as being able to add the word 'From' using the 'EasyEdit' > 'Product Cell Design' > 'Product list (multi-column)' HTML template but with my non-existent coding skills I'm not sure how to change the variable so it just shows the lowest price. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be extremely grateful
    This does assume that your lowest priced variant is your default one though.
    Lisa

• Giclée Printing • Canvas Printing • Custom Greetings Cards • Envelopes • Cellophanes • Invitations • Photo Gifts etc.

Does that add 'from' to everything though, even when there is only one price?

I think that adds it to everything using that template. Not sure if you could do something with the 'IF' statements to only show it if there were variants, bit more advanced than my capabilities.
    Lisa

I think it's fair to assume BP are not reading this as it has been 6 days since my original post. I suppose a support ticket is the way to go. I assume in order to add weight to our request we need to send one in each or it will seem it is just me asking for this?