Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Variant Price Range Descriptions

Quote Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
    I think it's fair to assume BP are not reading this as it has been 6 days since my original post. I suppose a support ticket is the way to go. I assume in order to add weight to our request we need to send one in each or it will seem it is just me asking for this?
    We do monitor the forums. Due to the sheer volume of feature requests we receive on a daily basis, emailing in a support ticket is indeed a better way of requesting a new feature, as we can assign it internally. It is far more helpful to us.

Is there any reason why you wouldn't want to raise a support ticket?
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    We do monitor the forums. Due to the sheer volume of feature requests we receive on a daily basis, emailing in a support ticket is indeed a better way of requesting a new feature, as we can assign it internally. It is far more helpful to us.

I am happy to raise a support ticket but surely that would mean you receive lots of individual emails about the same thing? Supports tickets are very much a lonely voice asking for something but with a forum thread you could guage what kind of support there is across users? Is it possible to have some sort of official area where we can raise requests which are then voted on by users? It seems to work well on other systems as BP could then say yes, it is possible and there'a a lot of interest, or no, the coding won't allow it or yes it is possible but only you want it so it is on the bottom of the list.

Is it possible to have some sort of official area where we can raise requests which are then voted on by users? It seems to work well on other systems as BP could then say yes, it is possible and there'a a lot of interest, or no, the coding won't allow it or yes it is possible but only you want it so it is on the bottom of the list.
    Excellent idea. Another forum section for Bluepark Updates / Modification Requests would make a lot of sense. At least this way they will be all in one place and not scattered around the rest of the forum in no mans land like they are now. Easier for us and easier for BP.

Perhaps directly underneath the Private Discussion: Bluepark Users forum would be a good place.
    Regards,

Dave

We're fairly new to BP and have used the 'support ticket' route ('support enquiry' on the contact form) to good effect for day-to-day queries about build, functionality, etc. But I've always been unsure as to how BP handles 'feature requests'. I consider feature requests to be totally different from everyday support enquiries. The way that BP handles feature requests would benefit from being more formalised and transparent, including the opportunity for BP users to suggest requests, see requests that have been submitted, vote on requests, see comments from BP on whether each is feasible (with timetable), etc. (as suggested by KayJay).

I am happy to raise a support ticket but surely that would mean you receive lots of individual emails about the same thing? Supports tickets are very much a lonely voice asking for something but with a forum thread you could guage what kind of support there is across users? Is it possible to have some sort of official area where we can raise requests which are then voted on by users? It seems to work well on other systems as BP could then say yes, it is possible and there'a a lot of interest, or no, the coding won't allow it or yes it is possible but only you want it so it is on the bottom of the list.
    It's not a problem to send in a ticket and include a link to the forum thread. We have a ticket system which enables us to organise internally everything from support requests, to bug reports, to feature requests. The forums don't have any kind of system for doing this.

It's helpful, from our perspective, to start a forum thread and gauge the level of support for a feature. If the OP makes a formal request and quotes the thread, we can consider the request and also see the discussion surrounding it.

This request is a "quick win" and makes sense. On the other hand, it requires changes to the language system, so would need to be included at the appropriate time. I've noted your ticket and it's on the list to be included.

Okay, is there any chance we can have a new forum section at least for update requests only? The process if I understand it correctly is to search the forum to see if it's already been asked, create a thread if not, gauge interest, raise a support ticket with BP with a link to the thread, and then monitor the forum for an official response?

Update requests are scattered all over the place on the forum as no-one is quite sure where to put them. For example this thread is one from 2009 where the question was initially asked, so it is a feature request that is 7 years old. I had to trawl the search function to find it. If there was a proper section where the format was to make the title what you are requesting the users could monitor what is going on?

Hi Rich,

If i can just say without causing a massive stink, i think the problem here lies in the fact that there is very little documentation with regards to what BP is capable of - and lets face it, its alot more than most people realise!

The forum is a gold mine of info on what BP is capable of, but i'm often amazed at how often people who have been using BP for 5 years or so, say on posts on here - "I never knew BP could do that". There are so many hidden functions, tips and tricks, whether regarding block usage, variables, etc, etc, that even long term users proabably still do not know about, because its not documented anywhere.

Also, I'd be godsmacked if I'm the only one here that when evaluating a new piece of software I'm considering using, I not only check the forums for complaints/comments from existing users, but also how pro-active the company is in supporting its own forum, this actually plays a big part in my decision.

I'm not knocking the BP software itself - actually the product is brilliant! But when we first started using BP, you personally were very active almost daily in joining in the conversation. Granted, I understand that as a company gets bigger the bosses do lose that customer contact side to an extent - I am also guilty of this with our own business, I really need to get out on the road more. But James does/did get involved, but this is now sporadic at best.

That is why I think people turn to the forum first rather than raise a support ticket, they are trying to find the info at the time that they need it, which isn't always when a support ticket can provide the info - also alot of companies are now only accepting support tickets through forums for this reason, also it adds site content.

Surely in alot of cases, when you reply to a customer support ticket, alot of this info could/may/will be relevant to all of us here who use the BP system - even if not at that moment in time. Perhaps you can add a section to the forum where only you can start posts. The question and your reply could simply be copied and pasted into a new thread (minus any personal details obviously) for people to read, and be able search for. I know i'd find it very useful. I'm pretty sure this would also cut the amount of support requests down that you get as the infobase gets built up, saving your staff time - then we can get more updates in :-)

----------

Is this just me? What do others think?
    Last edited by Neil; 07-03-2016 at 20:29.
    Regards

Neil.

I totally agree with Neil. I am sure I do not use the full potential that BP offers because I do not know that certain features exist. I would really like a comprehensive guide to BP....I would even pay for it.
    I like Neil's idea of a section in the forum like Questions and Answers .
    Bengalcat

I stand by my earlier post, if there was a separate section for updates and feature requests it would also become a good place to gather information on features that as a user we don't know about, or workarounds that are possible. I know I would search that area first and it might be someone posts a feature request and someone else comes along and says, actually that's already possible and here's how.

At the risk of looking like we are trying to create some sort of mob, I am with Neil in that I always check a company's forum and social media to see what they are like at reacting to customers and what kind of complaints arise. The BP forum is a really good place, I can't think of any other forum for an ecommerce platform that doesn't have an unhappy customer complaining about their treatment. The BP software is not like that, it is robust and a solid platform and there are very few, if any disgruntled customers. If the forum could become a useful source of information on current features and discussion on possible future upgrades, it would surely reduce the burden on the support ticket system.

All I can add, is that I used to visit this form daily, to see the questions, answers, ideas and developments - but that buzz seems to have gone. I think this stems from the fact that whereas we used to have a lot of updates, these are now more rare, I assume because Bluepark are working on fewer but more complex developments. So that gives us less to talk about.

I remember a time when I would be excited about the next bluepark update, as they were so often, but now I just seem have spent over a year waiting for an amazon api, and a net dispatch api which I dont even want, other than that not much has happened, and I have nothing to look forward to, I have no dates for anything.

Businesses require planning, how can you plan for anything if you got nothing to work with, so one day I might get an amazon api, but once that's delivered it might take another 6 months to a year to actually get it up and running because I wasn't prepared.

Even urgent things that have actually caused us to lose money because of errors in the bluepark have had nothing done.

A month ago I phoned because something wasn't working properly onsite, to be told by Liam or James 'it is beyond my remit'. Is that the attitude of bluepark when it originally formed, NO never, but as with everything that grows, what or who used to be important suddenly becomes less so.

Quote Originally Posted by jhpe07 View Post
    I remember a time when I would be excited about the next bluepark update, as they were so often, but now I just seem have spent over a year waiting for an amazon api, and a net dispatch api which I dont even want, other than that not much has happened, and I have nothing to look forward to, I have no dates for anything.

Businesses require planning, how can you plan for anything if you got nothing to work with, so one day I might get an amazon api, but once that's delivered it might take another 6 months to a year to actually get it up and running because I wasn't prepared.

Even urgent things that have actually caused us to lose money because of errors in the bluepark have had nothing done.

A month ago I phoned because something wasn't working properly onsite, to be told by Liam or James 'it is beyond my remit'. Is that the attitude of bluepark when it originally formed, NO never, but as with everything that grows, what or who used to be important suddenly becomes less so.
    We are indeed working on larger, more complex projects. I'm sorry you don't use Royal Mail (NetDespatch) but the majority of our customers do, so this will be of huge benefit to a great many Bluepark users.

We focused on small front-end and back-end enhancements for YEARS. The number one criticism of our software was that it didn't provide enough connectivity to third party applications, hence the API, eBay (which you are using), NetDespatch (which many have requested) and Amazon to come. I cannot fully communicate how complex Amazon is, but we're committed to it and - again - it will be included within Enterprise Park at NO extra charge. I don't think there is any current precedent for this within our industry.

The issue you reported a month ago was not dismissed at all, it was passed to me and will be corrected in a future update, as soon as we can. James told you it was beyond his remit to fix, not that it would not be fixed. James then asked you to email in some examples that we could use for testing, and log a ticket in our system. I know he did this because I directed him to do so, to date we have received nothing.

This is an open forum, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and to voice it freely. I wanted to respond to these specific points, however.

With regard to a feature request forum, I do like the idea. I would prefer some kind of forum plugin to classify suggestion threads as ruled in, ruled out, etc. I'll look into this.

With regard to a feature request forum, I do like the idea. I would prefer some kind of forum plugin to classify suggestion threads as ruled in, ruled out, etc. I'll look into this.
    I do think that would be helpful. And if it could include rough timescales for those 'ruled in' that would be even better.

The issue you reported a month ago was not dismissed at all, it was passed to me and will be corrected in a future update, as soon as we can. James told you it was beyond his remit to fix, not that it would not be fixed. James then asked you to email in some examples that we could use for testing, and log a ticket in our system. I know he did this because I directed him to do so, to date we have received nothing.
    James had also told me that he had logged it, and as I explained to him I have had to refund money due to this, he asked me to send through any other examples, as I also explained to him I have logged this in the past sometime ago, which I was told nothing could be done about, as this is something that could potentially cost me anything upto 5000 pounds in one order if it went wrong, I guessed it would take some sort of priority over something that had no release date.

As for the thing that was beyond his remit, which I think was Liam, this was a totally separate issue that I phoned in about with the add to basket layout on the product page, which he told me as we had changed the code so was beyond his remit, however we use the same code as supplied by bluepark, which is why I was annoyed, between this company and a previous one that still runs on bluepark I have generated over 15,000 pounds of business to bluepark, so I thought help with something once or twice a year via telephone support would not be a big issue.

I have also mentioned in the past that bluepark is the best ecommerce software out there and I still maintain that to this day, and I have tried them all.

Quote Originally Posted by jhpe07 View Post
    James had also told me that he had logged it, and as I explained to him I have had to refund money due to this, he asked me to send through any other examples, as I also explained to him I have logged this in the past sometime ago, which I was told nothing could be done about, as this is something that could potentially cost me anything upto 5000 pounds in one order if it went wrong, I guessed it would take some sort of priority over something that had no release date.

As for the thing that was beyond his remit, which I think was Liam, this was a totally separate issue that I phoned in about with the add to basket layout on the product page, which he told me as we had changed the code so was beyond his remit, however we use the same code as supplied by bluepark, which is why I was annoyed, between this company and a previous one that still runs on bluepark I have generated over 15,000 pounds of business to bluepark, so I thought help with something once or twice a year via telephone support would not be a big issue.

I have also mentioned in the past that bluepark is the best ecommerce software out there and I still maintain that to this day, and I have tried them all.
    I was unaware of the second issue. Without knowing the details it's difficult to comment, but I'd be more than happy to discuss your concerns by phone if you'd like to give me a call at your earliest convenience.

We are indeed working on larger, more complex projects.
    We focused on small front-end and back-end enhancements for YEARS. The number one criticism of our software was that it didn't provide enough connectivity to third party applications, hence the API, eBay (which you are using), NetDespatch (which many have requested) and Amazon to come. I cannot fully communicate how complex Amazon is,.
    This is in my opinion the cause of much of the disgruntled posts lately, too many long updates in a row that don't effect the look/feel/usability of the actual site itself. If a small amount of time in between each had been allocated to do some smaller updates it wouldn't feel that nothing was happening.

I don't use the API , Ebay , Netdespatch or Amazon (granted that probably puts me in the minority) so if feels like there has been no real improvements for me in a long time, in the meanwhile I see competitors improving and offering more features on their sites to customers.

I think this is why a lot of people are eager about the new templates...it is exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by swg View Post
    This is in my opinion the cause of much of the disgruntled posts lately, too many long updates in a row that don't effect the look/feel/usability of the actual site itself. If a small amount of time in between each had been allocated to do some smaller updates it wouldn't feel that nothing was happening.

I don't use the API , Ebay , Netdespatch or Amazon (granted that probably puts me in the minority) so if feels like there has been no real improvements for me in a long time, in the meanwhile I see competitors improving and offering more features on their sites to customers.

I think this is why a lot of people are eager about the new templates...it is exciting!
    I agree with swg totally - I too don't use the API, etc., so smaller, more regular updates do generate some excitement (sad as that may sound!) and a sense of change, of moving forward.

Geoff

MSE Books - a great deal for collectors

[QUOTE=Rich;51336]We focused on small front-end and back-end enhancements for YEARS.
    [QUOTE]

A lot of these are great additions to the system, however I feel some do now need revisiting and updating to keep up with the times as they are looking slightly dated and could provide a lot more function wise that would improve sales for the store owners, and at the same time improve the system. They can not be a launch and forget about them.

[QUOTE=Rich;51336]
    The number one criticism of our software was that it didn't provide enough connectivity to third party applications, hence the API, eBay, NetDespatch (which many have requested) and Amazon to come.
    [QUOTE]

I think most long term users will agree with this, as it was incredibly frustrating for us when selling on amazon and having no means of integrating properly for orders, however the api changed all this, but unfortunately a lot of companies still don't consider the BP system/user base large enough to spend the money to integrate with. So, really it had to come from BP's end.

I've never been sure building it into the system is the right way to go though, would have preferred to have seen a separate webapp or api connector into the likes of channel grabber and linnworks which was suggested several years ago. I'm just worried that the code for the BP selling system will become large and clumbersome and that it will be difficult and slow to maintain and update rather than the slick, reliable system we know it be. Netdespatch has however been a game changer for us though - it just works! I just hope though you've thought about it from a users point of view!!

- it will be included within Enterprise Park at NO extra charge. I don't think there is any current precedent for this within our industry.
    There might be a reason behind that given that Amazon always seems to change the goalposts every couple of months. It'll certainly need maintaining to enable it to work accurately.
    Regards

Neil.

Not why 1 quote worked there and the other 2 didn't!
    Regards

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by swg View Post

Have to agree with swg on this. We aren't users of the recent and forthcoming 'mega' BP updates. Smaller enhancements must go alongside these. As BP themselves say in their New User Guide:

"Myth: Build it and they will come. Unfortunately, such uplifting sentiments do not hold true for websites. You can design and build the greatest site in the world, but if it's not marketed effectively then the response will be very poor."

BP is a very solid platform with robust functionality, but would benefit greatly from enhanced marketing/promotional features - for example, improvements to the Discount Manager, upselling at checkout/add to basket popup, etc. have been mentioned on the forum recently. Perhaps if/when a Feature Request section is added to the forum this could be an area for discussion to suggest ideas for enhancements. All BP users must feel that the platform is developing and helping to grow their businesses.