Thread: Considering move from Corecommerce to bluepark

Default Considering move from Corecommerce to bluepark

Hi,

I'm considering moving from corecommerce to Bluepark .... Does anyone have any experience of SEO improvements from doing this ? Any other observations concerning doing the same ?

www.annies-closet.co.uk is my site. (bp53.betapark.co.uk is the worked on replacement)

Many thanks.

Welcome to Bluepark!

Firstly, I'd like to say that moving to Bluepark will be the best move you'll make business-wise and software-wise.

From an SEO point of view, I would suggest you create 301 redirects for all your URLs (categories and products) so that your old links point to your new links in Google search results. This will prevent you potential customers getting "404 Page Not Found" errors when clicking on your old links.

Bluepark is very flexible with SEO allowing you to add and control your Meta Data/Meta Tags. There are numerous threads on this forums about how best to go about SEO.

First noticeable thing between your 2 sites is how much quicker the BP site is, it may only be fraction of a second but it feels so much better. This is something I have always thought BP has excelled in for a hosted solution and as peoples patience gets less (as it does when things become more commonplace) only going to get more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrengregory View Post
    Hi,

I'm considering moving from corecommerce to Bluepark .... Does anyone have any experience of SEO improvements from doing this ? Any other observations concerning doing the same ?

www.annies-closet.co.uk is my site. (bp53.betapark.co.uk is the worked on replacement)

Many thanks.
    What improvements are you looking for? What is Corecommerce lacking?

Ian

Hi, I'm looking at SEO improvements... Plus speed, which I know will be better for UK customers. In particular I'm interested in ex-Corecommerce customers and what features they have benefitted most from after moving to Bluepark from a revenue generating perspective..

Hi Darren

I'm a bit late to this party and I see you've already moved to BP. Smart move if I may say so!

Some simple SEO improvements you can make (IMHO):

I notice your header logo has image-based text which is a lost opportunity. Use actual text instead.

Some of your template images have blank ALT attributes. Changing this should be straightforward.

You have 2 H1 tags on the home page - try to use just one and stick to a hierarchy.

Handy "first step" tools: SEOQuake, ScreamingFrog, Cart angel, Chrome "Inspect Tools" (or other browser equiv), Google Trends

Cheers!