Thread: Mobile Optimization

Default Mobile Optimization

Hi everyone I am days away from going live on my new store www.vintagediem.co.uk I am seriously struggling with the mobile optimizing,

the header doesnt seem to fit although I've made it recommended size for mobile (and it looks to have the old header stretched behind it.

the navigation is just a mess, I want the main drop down to just have HOME/STORE/BLOG/CONTACT US with the catalogue in the store, how do I manage this its proving to be difficult!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Have you looked at this blog article by Cate?

http://www.bluepark.co.uk/blog/mobil...k-website.html
    I have, I added the new header the size suggested but nothing is still alligning and the navigation is just a mess but it doesn't really help with any of that

Can you post a link to your BP test site so people can view it and see what the problem is?

Small point, but there's a typo in line one on your home page ... "
    We specialize in vintage a rustic items."

And another ... years ago typesetters used to hate ampersands as they snag the reader. I know the world has moved on, but they do still not read as smoothly as "and" for many people. Most copywriters still avoid them in text. Just a thought!

Looking good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Can you post a link to your BP test site so people can view it and see what the problem is?
    Sorry - didn't realise that the site is now live.

is anybody able to help with the mobile optimization? I literally can not figure it out after reading guides nothing works correctly

Quote Originally Posted by CLO View Post
    Small point, but there's a typo in line one on your home page ... "
    We specialize in vintage a rustic items."

And another ... years ago typesetters used to hate ampersands as they snag the reader. I know the world has moved on, but they do still not read as smoothly as "and" for many people. Most copywriters still avoid them in text. Just a thought!

Looking good though.
    Thanks for the input, I see what you mean I corrected the typo and changed the ampersands too

catalogue again.jpgCATALOGUE DOUBLE CLICK - this is what page i get after i click catalogue again, this is after i've been greeted with the page below.
    WHEN I CLICK CATALOGUE - this is what page i get when i click the catalogue button, what are these?
    HOME PAGE - the header doesn't fit correctly although i've made it the recommended pixels as per the guide how do i fix this?
    FIRST CLICK ON NAV BUTTON - this just doesnt look right why is catalogue up there above the rest of my pages?
    WHEN I CLICK STORE PAGE - this is what my desktop site has but the catalogue list to the left, which isnt there just this page with nothing on it?

Does anybody know why this is all so messed up its seriously frustrating, considering most people using phones/tablets now days having this work correctly and smoothly is more important than the desktop site which is a major concern of mine at the moment!