Thread: What would you search for ? Help with Keyword Research.

Lightbulb What would you search for ? Help with Keyword Research.

Dear members,

This is my first post - I am doing some keyword research for a particular category for my web site. It specializes on different types of wheelchair cushions.

So my question is this - If you had a friend or relative that uses a wheelchair, and you wanted to buy them a cushion to make sitting on an wheelchair more comfortable, what exactly would you search for. I think because I am in the industry I am little to "direct" when doing keyword research for this category.

IE I put "wheelchair cushions" into google, use this, and there auto complete tool, and the tool in ad words.

However some more suggestions from the forum members would really help. I tried to get into the mind frame of my buyers, but could only come up with

wheelchair cushions
    cushions for wheelchairs
    cushions for wheelchair users

Many Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter
    I would also type in the suggestions you have already mentioned...wheelchair cushions, cushions for wheelchairs etc. I wouldn't really type anything different for this
    Terry

Thank you Terry.

-Peter

The only other thing I might add would be dimensions. When searching for this sort of thing I assume that there are going to be hundreds of options and would probably be as specific as possible in my first search.
    Joe

I might put "pad for wheelchair", "seat padding for wheelchair" or "extra cushioning for wheelchair", "square padding for wheelchair".

Good luck
    Kim

Thank you Kim

I would look at the buying keywords as they don't seem to be very contested in your niche.

wheelchair cushions for sale
    buy wheelchair cushions

I might add in an adjective to the above like firm or comfy or waterproof or thick or black?

Don't forget supposed new trends in search engine use i.e. asking whole questions. So try also to cover questions like how do I make a wheelchair seat more comfortable?

Also, if your industry is competitive for SEO, go for more long tail or second ranking search terms. If it is not competitive, go for it - go for the top/toughest ones.

Hi Peter

In my experience singular rates higher than plural.

Also check Google Adwords keyword tool, AND Google Trends to get a comparison of simple phrases suggested above - example below.

cushions.png

Thank You

-Peter