Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stripe

Live on Stripe! Took about an hour of setting up on the Stripe backoffice. Bluepark integration worked seamlessly. Just pressed a couple of buttons and made a live payment to test and a refund on the stripe backoffice. Thank you BP.
    Rob

We currently use paypal standard as our primary payment and are wanting to add Stripe as an additional option....but can't see how!? Is there a guide to get additional payment methods setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    We currently use paypal standard as our primary payment and are wanting to add Stripe as an additional option....but can't see how!? Is there a guide to get additional payment methods setup?
    i think Stripe has to be your primary payment method and PayPal your additional payment method.
    Regards,

Dave

That's a bit of a pain, I wonder why? Thanks Dave.

I just wondered how people are getting on with stripe as Im thinking of giving them a go as I understand Apple Pay can be used with them easily with a mobile which I think can only help quicker checkout. I have two questions:

I currently use Secure Trading and I wonder if try stripe would it be complicated to re-install Secure Trading if I dont like Stripe?

How do stripe reconcile do they pay the full amount then take the fee or take the fee before sending you the remaining balance?

Many thanks
    Kim

Stripe works seamlessly on BP, although a huge pity the Stripe pop up isn't integrated, or at least something a bit better than the dull BP payment form.

I presume by trying Stripe you would only be making it your primary payment processor, and Secure Trading would just be dormant, until you either revert or cancel your ST account. I'm sure BP would confirm that.

They pay out in 7 days (a drawback for some?), and deduct fees before payment. The dashboard is simple and intuitive, and you can export this payment data for accounting purposes with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by CLO View Post
    Stripe works seamlessly on BP, although a huge pity the Stripe pop up isn't integrated, or at least something a bit better than the dull BP payment form.

I presume by trying Stripe you would only be making it your primary payment processor, and Secure Trading would just be dormant, until you either revert or cancel your ST account. I'm sure BP would confirm that.

They pay out in 7 days (a drawback for some?), and deduct fees before payment. The dashboard is simple and intuitive, and you can export this payment data for accounting purposes with ease.
    Thanks Chris, thanks for your reply, yes I was hoping that would be the case just in case I didn't like them. Ive been researching Braintree and Stripe all morning and see that Stripe dont have good customer service and you can't speak to them quickly and they are slow to respond all of which I really don't like, so Im wondering if Im better off with Braintree as their fees are 1.9% plus 20p. At least they are at the end of the phone which is essential for me.

And I think Stripe are 1.4%. We all operate differently, and personally I never need to speak with my payment provider, so I'm gaining half a percent of my turnover immediately by ditching Braintree. Your call though.

Incidentally, as you know, Braintree is owned by PayPal. How much the founders of PayPal own of Stripe I'm not sure, but they have invested. And I've seen this week that PayPal have bought iZettle. The problem with monopolies is obvious. At the moment though it seems that Stripe is distinct from PayPal.

Yes I would have preferred not to have all the eggs in one basket, although I don't like the idea of the "dull BP payment form". Not sure if its any better with Braintree, although i did read back on this thread that Richard plans to improve the form.
    Last edited by niche; 20-05-2018 at 12:17. Reason: addition

Must admit I am very tempted to try Stripe but some of the reviews on TrustPilot are horrendous and it does put me off somewhat. Good to know all OK so far though Chris
    Regards,

Dave

The reason I want to move to one of these is because of the mobile integration which is a much quicker checkout without all the long info to complete, especially for apple pay with braintree. Im happy with Secure Trading but feel we need to modernise!

Hi Chris, does Stripe work with Apple Pay within BP? I just learnt that the Braintree integration that BP are using doesn't support the Apple Pay bit yet unfortunately which for me defeats part of the object of moving. So just wondered if that was also the case with Stripe?

I don't know the answer to this question: sorry.

I think the answer is no, not yet, and the integration would have to be done by BP. Perhaps Rich might confirm this, but I guess they're pretty pre-occupied with GDPR and cookies etc this week.

I have had a reply on this from BP as follows, so at least it is on the To Do list:

"There aren't any gateways integrated into the Bluepark system that offer Apple or Google Pay currently. Braintree and Stripe will be the first ones to acquire this functionality.

It will be implemented at some point in the future but we are unable to provide a definite timeframe at the moment.

Please keep an eye on the Latest Updates section (can be found via the footer in your Admin Console) for updates on our latest system developments."

Is there any more details on setting up Stripe than the couple of paragraphs in the updates section?

Personally, I like Stripe very much. I have been waiting for a long time for it to come to BP. But, have used it on a couple of Wordpress websites for a good 10 months now. I was concerned about the support, as I too heard bad press about it, but, in reality, the support is pretty damn good, and I usually get a quick and very helpful response if I need to query/ask something, I contact them by e-mail, and they come back in a matter of hours usually.

It is slightly annoying (well, very annoying) that it takes 7 days for the funds to get in to my bank account, but, once you get into the swing of it, you just accept that, and it works well. The dashboard is very informative and intuitive, and you can easily track your payments.

You can also have more than one business set up on your dashboard, and simply switch accounts on the dashboard. I have three on mine, and just flick between them as and when I need to.

I use the payment "Moto" method in the video that was referenced above, but also use a mobile app that links to stripe. So, for example, when taking face to face payments, I do this on my mobile, using a Payment for Strip app..live scan the customers card with the phone camera and then enter the expiry date and the cvv. It sends an email receipt to the customer and is immediately visible on your stripe dashboard . ( the app adds a small additional fee, but its still way less than PayPal etc combined)

I also make good use of the invoice functionality on the dashboard. With this, you simply create a customer, and then go into the billing section and create an invoice. You can then e-mail it, and the customer clicks on the "pay now" link on the invoice - and thats it. You can also, add a customers card details to their customer profile, and charge the invoice to that card.

On your dashboard, you also generate a PCI compliant statement that is generated for you, and you just update it as and when necessary - so easy.

I cant fault it really, they are up to date with tech, very helpful, and it just works and its a great rate. I save on merchant fees and also the transaction rates are great.

Its easy to refund via the dashboard if you need to, and the reporting functionality is great.

Works superbly with subscriptions - so, on another site, I have customers who subscribe for products every 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 weeks etc, and the system automatically tries to get payment, and notifies you if successful or if failed etc. It also gives you quiet a bit of information as to why the card has failed, which is helpful when I contact a customer with a failed payment. The system can automatically retry the payment, or you can manually retry

absolutely thrilled with it.

I'll shut up now - but, if anyone wants to ask anything, Ill do my best to answer (I'm no expert, but just use it routinely now - so, know it pretty well)

Terry
    Terry

Thats great info Terry and it has encouraged me. I really would like Apple Pay with Stripe so will probably wait for Bluepark to add that onto Stripe, hopefully it will be a quick update as the main browser is now safari and I think it will be used loads and will make checkout on many mobiles fast.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us your comprehensive experience.

Kim

Which mobile app are you using, Terry, as I know there are several? (I use iZettle for face to face transactions and actual cards).

Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    Thats great info Terry and it has encouraged me. I really would like Apple Pay with Stripe so will probably wait for Bluepark to add that onto Stripe, hopefully it will be a quick update as the main browser is now safari and I think it will be used loads and will make checkout on many mobiles fast.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us your comprehensive experience.

Kim
    You're very welcome Kim - its always good to hear how things work for people isn't it. Gosh, Ive learnt so much from you guys on the forum over the years :-)
    Apple Pay works great with Srtripe. On my Wordpress site - if someone browses the site without an Apple Pay capable device, it doesn't show as an option - but, if they have - its there as an option. So quick and simple. Lots of people are using Apple Pay (in my experience anyway).

Terry
    Terry

Which mobile app are you using, Terry, as I know there are several? (I use iZettle for face to face transactions and actual cards).
    Hi there Chris. For Stripe, Im using two apps:
    Paynow for stripe ( although, there is an issue with the app on iPhone X at the moment - but works on older iPhones)
    and
    Payment for Stripe

Both work extremely well - and are quick to use. They show up in your stripe dashboard immediately.

If someone orders by phone, I usually quickly create them as a customer in the dashboard (Just need name and e-mail address), add their card to their profile, quickly add the products to an invoice and charge it to their card immediately - or alternatively, email their invoice for them to click on and pay.

Hope all is good with you
    T
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Terry; 24-05-2018 at 12:23. Reason: forgot to attach screenshots!!
    Terry