Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stripe

Just as an Interesting point, Braintree seem that they would be willing to review PayPal fees to counteract the 0.5% difference.

[For clarity, I have nothing against Stripe]
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Hi all,

Getting closer to launching my site and originally I was going with Paypal but now going with Stripe as the rates seem much better but I am right in thinking I have to fork out on an SSL cert which I believe I can purchase from Bluepark?
    Thanks Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by StuartS View Post
    Hi all,

Getting closer to launching my site and originally I was going with Paypal but now going with Stripe as the rates seem much better but I am right in thinking I have to fork out on an SSL cert which I believe I can purchase from Bluepark?
    Thanks Stuart
    Yes get it from Bluepark they will integrate it for you too.

thanks so much for your reply
    Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    Yes get it from Bluepark they will integrate it for you too.

I was on Secure Trading for 1 of my sites, they have a 2 month cancellation period so you have plenty of time to revert. I had it working on Stripe for a few weeks before cancelling Secure Trading. You have to be careful of refunds as if they paid via Secure Trading you want to be able to refund them via Secure Trading.
    The only other slight contention for me is the ability to do MOTO payments over the phone but so far so good.
    Regards
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Bandanashop View Post
    I was on Secure Trading for 1 of my sites, they have a 2 month cancellation period so you have plenty of time to revert. I had it working on Stripe for a few weeks before cancelling Secure Trading. You have to be careful of refunds as if they paid via Secure Trading you want to be able to refund them via Secure Trading.
    The only other slight contention for me is the ability to do MOTO payments over the phone but so far so good.
    Regards
    Rob
    From what's been written on this thread I was under the impression that you could take MOTO payments using Stripe. Is it the max 10% of total sales via MOTO that you referred to earlier that is the slight contention for you? Good to hear that all is working well with Stripe.

We moved to Stripe a few weeks ago and all has gone well. Impressed with the transactions dashboard and have used email support a couple of times and it worked fine. Delighted to get rid of all those monthly fees associated with First Data and SagePay. Peeved to find that they both have notice periods to close - 1 month and 3 months respectively. Just a licence to get more money for doing nothing imho!

Quote Originally Posted by bornfree View Post
    We moved to Stripe a few weeks ago and all has gone well. Impressed with the transactions dashboard and have used email support a couple of times and it worked fine. Delighted to get rid of all those monthly fees associated with First Data and SagePay. Peeved to find that they both have notice periods to close - 1 month and 3 months respectively. Just a licence to get more money for doing nothing imho!
    Good to hear it's going well. As I said previously my main concerns are the negative reviews on trustpilot and the 7 day settlement period which seems a bit excessive.
    Regards,

Dave

We will probably give them go once bluepark can integrate apple pay etc so we can use that with them.

Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    We will probably give them go once bluepark can integrate apple pay etc so we can use that with them.
    Same here, very interested if Bluepark can make Apple Pay and Google Pay work because the advantage of mobile sales should increase which will offset the extra cost of moving away from Lloyds and PayVector.
    Our Costs - If it is of interest to anyone
    Selling via Lloyds & Payvector is roughly 1% of sale, where at the moment Braintree is 2% and stripe 1.5% but with a 7 day delayed payout.

For info - Stripe have introduced a 3-day payout period from January 2020. We were with SagePay and First Data before moving to Stripe - both had a monthly fee as well which Stripe doesn't.

We would like to use Stripe but we would really like Bluepark to incorporate Apple Pay into it.

We currently use Stripe and have found it very easy to use but more importantly their fraud system has had a huge impact on stopping charge-backs, no doubt something may still get through but so far we have been very impressed.

The only issue we experience is at the checkout stage, when the customer enters their card details and clicks complete payment, the screen just stays stationary so there is no indication to the customer that something is happening other that a few seconds later it changes to tell them payment has been successful. I have spoken with Bluepark regarding this as I though it may have been a template issue rather than Bluepark but was told it was something Bluepark would have to change - I'm presuming as it hasn't been mentioned much it may take a while.

Just curious if anyone else using Stripe has the same issue at the checkout stage ?

Any recommendations from existing Stripe users about any settings you needed to change from the system default ?

Just took my first payment on our website using Stripe. All appears to have gone through OK but I noticed 3D secure is not enabled so assume I have to enable it somewhere in Stripe ?
    Regards,

Dave