Thread: Google Not Finding Mobile Site

Default Google Not Finding Mobile Site

I am a little worried that Google is not always finding the mobile site. Not sure if this is something specific to my site or a more general problem which is why I am posting here for feedback.

The reason behind my concern is that Google has identified a product page as non-mobile friendly (this is within Adwords). They state the page is too wide, the text too small and the links too close together. None of this is true if they actually test the mobile page and if I click on their own Analyze link within the Adwords page it does actually go to the correct mobile page and I get an "awesome" result. I have noticed similar behaviour within Google Webmaster Tools, where they alert a problem but when I check the page with their mobile friendly test link I get "awesome" for product pages.

So I think it must be their crawler that is not finding its way to the mobile page. Has anyone else got a similar experience.
    Gill

Quote Originally Posted by Gillf View Post
    I am a little worried that Google is not always finding the mobile site. Not sure if this is something specific to my site or a more general problem which is why I am posting here for feedback.

The reason behind my concern is that Google has identified a product page as non-mobile friendly (this is within Adwords). They state the page is too wide, the text too small and the links too close together. None of this is true if they actually test the mobile page and if I click on their own Analyze link within the Adwords page it does actually go to the correct mobile page and I get an "awesome" result. I have noticed similar behaviour within Google Webmaster Tools, where they alert a problem but when I check the page with their mobile friendly test link I get "awesome" for product pages.

So I think it must be their crawler that is not finding its way to the mobile page. Has anyone else got a similar experience.
    Hi Gill

Our site also says Awesome but before 3 weeks ago we had 2 or 3 orders a day but since then we have had 2 orders in 3 weeks. I was wondering what is the average for mobile sales compared with desktop. We are thinking of having a separate site for mobiles.

Have you changed anything about your site in those 2 - 3 weeks?
    Gill

Yes the home and product pages and we have spoken to our designer and he thinks we should have a new mobile site built

Quote Originally Posted by Prettycool View Post
    we have spoken to our designer and he thinks we should have a new mobile site built
    I'm sure he does! lol
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Prettycool View Post
    Yes the home and product pages and we have spoken to our designer and he thinks we should have a new mobile site built
    If it were me I would try to get the mobile template in BP working for you first. You might find that is good enough. In the meantime though my original question is still open. Has anyone else noticed that the Google crawler does not seem able to find their mobile template?
    Gill

UK Pashmina is roughly 15% sales on mobiles. But conversions are up 129% on mobiles compared to the same 30 day period last year.