Thread: Shipping Codes

Default Shipping Codes

ok. I know shipping is the least interesting and the most complicated area to discuss on here, buuuuttttt can anyone help. I think I have finally sorted out me shipping for the uk given the really wide variety of weights, prices and sizes of our products. My problem now is - In store only items - these are items that have to be fitted in the shop - but we want to show them on the website, so customers can check (at anytime) what we have in stock before they travel to be fitted. These are safety items and cannot be returned once they leave the shop. I have set up the different shipping options for normal items which included the 'catch all' for mixed orders, but this is including the items that I have included as in-store only. Any ideas would be appreciated, Pat
    We will overcome the big boys - eventually

You may need to set up a separate shipping code for each store only item. Then set up a shipping method just for this code (you could simply call it "not applicable") with a zero cost. You will then have to exclude this code from your all your other shipping methods
    Gerard

http://www.caressa.co.uk

10% discount for Blueparkers - use couponcode bluepark13

You could set a new shipping method called Store Only.... with own code as suggested, tick box at bottom Collection only, on the fulfillment tab, half way down - advisory note - add Collection Only - or whatever, and that then shows in basket.

As belt and braces you could add an attribute In Store Purchase only and let that show on the product page..

Should work fine.
    You may need to move the shipping method to avoid 'catch all' method. not tested that bit.
    Graham
    Fields of Blue Group
    Fields of Blue - Lighting

The 'catch all' will include all shipping codes, if I try to exclude one it fails to be a 'catch all' and the shipping manager keeps telling me I need to create one. Can a product or 'item' be created without a shipping code.
    We will overcome the big boys - eventually

I think the catch all only applies if everything else fails then it should not be an issue if all your store only items are coded with their own code and method as this will take precedence
    Gerard

http://www.caressa.co.uk

10% discount for Blueparkers - use couponcode bluepark13

Put the method - collection as the first in the list, set all others below, any purchase that has just the collection will show only that.
    If they choose other items the catch all will apply, however the collection message will still show, in the basket, you can change that in Language Basket :: Collection - maybe a message with Call 0120 xxxx for details,

You can then sort out the order?
    Graham
    Fields of Blue Group
    Fields of Blue - Lighting