Thread: Considering moving to Bluepark

Default Considering moving to Bluepark

After a huge price increase we are looking to move from Bigcommerce and considering Bluepark. I was wondering if anyone can help with a few questions.

We sell personalised items so have lots of variations on each product. Bluepark doesn't seem as easy to add variations as big commerce but it's doable.

1. Can you set up rules on variations? Eg, if they select an option which has print on front and back you can charge more when this option is selected?

2. Can you set rules based on variations selected. For example if someone selects a t shirt in black they can't select the text in black (it's amazing how many people try to do this!)

3. Does bluepark integrate easily with linnworks? We currently use this for printing orders and for our interlink courier labels to be printed by bulk editing.

4. The new templates that will be released by bluepark, have you been given any idea on timescale for this (weeks, months, years?) Would these be in keeping with modern designs that you find in systems like squarespace. We are looking for a re-brand and want a very modern, image focused site with a blog feel to it. Any chance any of the themes would include parallax scrolling?

5. Can thumbnails on category pages change on a mouse rollover to show a different image?

6. Can you show colour options of a product with swatches on the category page? So a customer could see the t shirt comes in white, pink, blue etc.

7. How do you find the SEO? Is it easy to customise H1, H2 tags, page titles, meta descriptions?

8. Can you setup shipping so the cost is higher for Scottish highlands based on postcodes?

Sorry for all the questions!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmcy View Post
    After a huge price increase we are looking to move from Bigcommerce and considering Bluepark. I was wondering if anyone can help with a few questions.

We sell personalised items so have lots of variations on each product. Bluepark doesn't seem as easy to add variations as big commerce but it's doable.

1. Can you set up rules on variations? Eg, if they select an option which has print on front and back you can charge more when this option is selected?
    Yes you can

2. Can you set rules based on variations selected. For example if someone selects a t shirt in black they can't select the text in black (it's amazing how many people try to do this!)
    I don't think you can, I wish we could.

3. Does bluepark integrate easily with linnworks? We currently use this for printing orders and for our interlink courier labels to be printed by bulk editing.
    There is no API from BP to LW so no, you have to do it via csv import and export. This means you have to use the deskptop version of LW as the autonomous sync on their new .net does not include the import and export of csvs. There are more issues than that as to why you have to use desktop but that's the biggest one.

4. The new templates that will be released by bluepark, have you been given any idea on timescale for this (weeks, months, years?) Would these be in keeping with modern designs that you find in systems like squarespace. We are looking for a re-brand and want a very modern, image focused site with a blog feel to it. Any chance any of the themes would include parallax scrolling?

5. Can thumbnails on category pages change on a mouse rollover to show a different image?
    No and we really want this.

6. Can you show colour options of a product with swatches on the category page? So a customer could see the t shirt comes in white, pink, blue etc.
    Yes but you have to manually add them by using little swatch images in the short description.

7. How do you find the SEO? Is it easy to customise H1, H2 tags, page titles, meta descriptions?

8. Can you setup shipping so the cost is higher for Scottish highlands based on postcodes?
    Yes

Sorry for all the questions!
    I have added a few answers to the questions I can help with.

I can't help very much but I would say 1 thing - do it. They are very helpful and very reasonably priced

David at www.BrainfoodAudiobooks.co.uk

Number 2 - You can set individual prices and quantities for your variants. For Black on Black, just set the quantity to zero and although the option is there, no one can order it.

Number 7 - Bluepark is very flexible for SEO. It's under your control.

Number 8 - UK delivery can include/exclude Post Codes such as the Scottish highlands (Partial Postcodes). Very easy to set up. See this blog page from Cate at Bluepark.

http://www.bluepark.co.uk/blog/how-t...g-methods.html

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply, we really appreciate it. I really want to go with Bluepark mainly because they seem to have so many happy customers and the support seems fantastic. Not integrating with Linnworks cloud is a big disadvantage though. We have to run linnworks on 3 different computers in the office so this could be a big downfall for us. I like the extra plugins you can add with woo commerce but I really don't like the idea of having no support. I hate making big decisions like this!! But thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmcy View Post
    Not integrating with Linnworks cloud is a big disadvantage though. We have to run linnworks on 3 different computers in the office so this could be a big downfall for us.
    I know that BP are working on a netdespatch integration at the moment. If you just use linnworks for printing and processing labels, then you might find that a netdespatch integration does everything you need, and at a cheaper price no doubt!
    Joe

3: I'm currently in the process of moving our Bluepark to Linnworks desktop order/stock sync to Linnworks.net. Almost there I believe, but there's a few more issues to iron out. I'll update this thread in the next week or so and let you know whether I've managed it.

Thanks Thomas, that would be helpful to know how you've got on.

Joe do you know if netdespatch has an interlink integration?

Thanks

BluePark is excellent, we moved away because at the moment it doesn't do what we need it to do and we had waited a long time already....

Development of major features can be slow due to the size of the company, but when something is added it works and works well.

If BluePark can meet your needs then go for it. We will surely revisit it as an option once it has a fully working Amazon integration and Netdespatch.

I use Interlink with BP with no 3rd party involved. Setting up the mapping from the BP download file was time consuming at the time of setting up. Now all I need to do is download the orders to the PC and Interlink looks for files every few seconds and imports them automatically and I just need to print batches of Interlink labels manually. Haven't simplified overseas shipment yet but whilst still in single figures daily I can live with that.

mrsmcy
    Come on in, the waters warm... (Also a BC customer as well as BP) I just hope the system will be able to do what you need. This forum is great and lots of helpful people but i'm also sure the BP team will be happy to answer your questions.
    Cheers
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I use Interlink with BP with no 3rd party involved. Setting up the mapping from the BP download file was time consuming at the time of setting up. Now all I need to do is download the orders to the PC and Interlink looks for files every few seconds and imports them automatically and I just need to print batches of Interlink labels manually. Haven't simplified overseas shipment yet but whilst still in single figures daily I can live with that.
    Tailwind, when interlink looks for files and imports them automatically how does it know which orders will be sent by courier and which will go post? We tend to decide this depending on the size of the order and if the customer needs it quickly for guaranteed delivery. We don't send overseas at the moment so this part is fine. I would happily get rid of Linnworks as we can't use it for our stock control so it's purely for order management and printing courier labels.

Gary, I'm really hoping we can make it work for us!

Have you decided on a move yet or are you still weighing up the options? My wife's site is also on Big Commerce and as the resident techie I'm currently working on a move to Bluepark after being told our monthly fee will quadruple! I really don't know what they're playing at other than intentionally trying to drive away smaller business but even if they backtracked now and gave us the old price we've seen the light (thanks to a recommendation by Gary above) and decided we're still going!

Of the various platforms I looked at Bluepark seemed the closest fit to BigCommerce functionality with some nice stuff on top. Support have so far been really helpful even though we're still only on a trial, and most importantly there's no silly "per sale" charging structure in sight!

cheers
    Chris