Thread: Paypal issues reported by some Customers - Any one else?

Cool Paypal issues reported by some Customers - Any one else?

Some of our wonderful (pesky ) Customers have reported that Paypal keeps throwing them out during the Checkout process.
    This meant that there were 2 orders in the "In Progress" queue. I've sorted them now but this morning I've had another order in the "In Progress" queue from a bod who appears to be from Paypal in Dublin. Has there been an issue?

Any thoughts would go to ease my troubled soul

David

We do get semi-regular issues from PayPal customers. We've also noticed that the general checkout procedure causes more confusion with PayPal users than other payment methods. Haven't seen anything particular odd over the past few days though, we use PayPal Express Checkout.

I also had issues with customers finding the Paypal checkout process confusing, thinking they had checked out when they hadn't.

If you're using Express, it works differently. You enter your details, then click to pay with paypal, it tells you your details have been collected by paypal but to actually proceed with the order, you get directed back to your website to complete one final step. A number of customers hadn't realised this so their order stayed 'in progress'. A few also mentioned getting a blank screen too but Bluepark say it's a paypal issue and Paypal tell me they can't replicate the fault.

I went back to Paypal standard and haven't had a reported problem since.

I seem to have been having this for the past week or two - using Paypal standard. I've been getting lots of orders abandoned at checkout where the error code is given as user inactive for 15 mins. A couple of people have rung as well saying they were having problems paying through Paypal. Not sure what to do though as it seems to work intermittantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stix View Post
    I also had issues with customers finding the Paypal checkout process confusing, thinking they had checked out when they hadn't.

If you're using Express, it works differently. You enter your details, then click to pay with paypal, it tells you your details have been collected by paypal but to actually proceed with the order, you get directed back to your website to complete one final step. A number of customers hadn't realised this so their order stayed 'in progress'. A few also mentioned getting a blank screen too but Bluepark say it's a paypal issue and Paypal tell me they can't replicate the fault.

I went back to Paypal standard and haven't had a reported problem since.
    That's interesting to know, may give PayPal standard a look.

Thanks for all the replies on this.

It seems to have happened over the weekend again. A regular customer had to checkout 3 times in order to get it done.
    I'm thinking of changing payment processor - any recommendations?

David

Hmmmm. We've had nearly 300 worth of orders over the last week not checkout - all PayPal !!! I'm going to have to call everyone tomorrow and hope they still want to place their order. PayPal seems to cause more problems at checkout than any other payment method. We're on standard and won't use express because people bypass the "agree to T&Cs" section if you use Express and then we can't argue our case if something goes wrong and it's down to customer error rather than a fault at our end.

i wonder what would happen if we switched PayPal off for a while ? Seeing as we've only had 3 orders today I can't imagine it will make much difference at all ! I'll give it a go tomorrow

It's just happened again ! Another big PayPal order abandoning at checkout !! I just put a test order through myself and it was fine but there's obviously something odd going on. Im going to switch PayPal off and see if that makes a difference and will call all failed PayPal customers today and see what the problem is

We are on Paypal standard and have had no obvious issues
    Gerard

http://www.caressa.co.uk

10% discount for Blueparkers - use couponcode bluepark13

Quote Originally Posted by SarahT View Post

i wonder what would happen if we switched PayPal off for a while ?
    Probably nothing - they'd get off their bum and go and get their credit card! Never accepted PayPal and i'll bet our abandoned baskets % is no higher than anyone elses.

Get probably 2/3 people a year request it - but its not going to happen!
    Regards

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Probably nothing - they'd get off their bum and go and get their credit card! Never accepted PayPal and i'll bet our abandoned baskets % is no higher than anyone elses.

Get probably 2/3 people a year request it - but its not going to happen!
    So frustrating - only 1 of the customers that has a failed Paypal payment has set up an account with us so we have no telephone numbers in order to be able to call the rest. I'm presuming they'll get the usual "abandoned cart" email after a few days but think I might email them anyway to see if we can obtain payment that way.

I've switched paypal off now so will keep an eye on any abandoned carts via sagepay.

Only had 1 order today so far. Since Friday sales have been diabolical but looking at the abandoned carts we've lost at least 10 orders from customers trying to checkout via paypal over the weekend

We have been having problems with PayPal payments pro hosted. If customers contact us we advise them to checkout by using the PayPal option and then selecting check out as guest. This is working for customers who want to use their credit/debit card and don't want a PayPal account. We have three times the average amount of abandoned checkouts in the orders in progress log at the moment.

Some of the customers have said that they are getting a message to say try again later. Obvs most just go to another website.

Very frustrating,

Does anyone know if this is a Paypal problem or Bluepark? I can't find anyone else having problems doing a web search.

Had loads more today, it looks like Paypal is just timing out when people try to pay, but it's intermittant, had a few orders through as well. I think I'll try getting rid of Paypal for a bit later on too.

Regards

Neil.

We are back to Paypal standard and Sagepay now after losing a lot to going Paypal Express, then Pro. Never again. Awful customer service too. PP confuses customers. It takes them from your site to theirs, asks you to confirm your details then takes you back to your site and asks you to confirm your payment. By which time the customer has buggered off because they think it's all done and dusted. Sagepay every time and Paypal standard set up through Sagepay. Haven't lost an order since.

We have been using Paypal Pro (which is very different from express and standard) for some time and have found it to be excellent, very few orders in progress.

I use Pro and never have any problems plus my account manager is very helpful.
    Bengalcat

Hello,

I have just had a response from PayPal. Applies to websites using Website Payments Pro Hosted.

"Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding an issue with payments on Website Payments Pro.
    I made an attempt to contact you by telephone but you were unavailable.
    We are experiencing a technical fault with buyer making direct credit card payments on the Hosted Solution and the fix date is at the 11th February 2016.
    There is a workaround which entails disabling your 3D Secure but then your payments would be vulnerable unless you use Fraud Management Filters.
    How to disable 3D Secure / Buyer Authentication for HSS on a 3.0 account

1. Go to Profile
    2. Under the heading Website payment Settings and Website Payments Pro Click 'Settings'
    3. Under Buyer authentication, tick the card types, include Visa Mastercard and Maestro.
    4. Choose 'Yes' under “Do you want to accept transactions not protected by buyer authentication”

PayPal have advised to use the PayPal option only until the issue is resolved.