Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Bluepark / Mailchimp API now available

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandanashop View Post
    Hi Chris, In practical terms no. You set up 1 Bluepark API account to sync with 1 Mailchimp account. Anything else will cause problems.
    Regards
    Rob
    OK so would I need to buy a separate API for each website and would I need a separate PC to run each one?
    Chris

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South West England
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Chris, The short answer is yes to your first question and no to the second.

    Your API connection and consumption thereof is specific to each Bluepark website so yes you would need one software purchase for each Bluepark website that you wish to synchronise with Mailchimp. (This is what we do for our two businesses). However , it would be possible to run both copies in seperate directories on the same physical PC machine (as we do). The principal constraint would be your API use relative to the amount of users that you wish to maintain on Mailchimp.

    Regards
    Rob

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandanashop View Post
    Chris, The short answer is yes to your first question and no to the second.

    Your API connection and consumption thereof is specific to each Bluepark website so yes you would need one software purchase for each Bluepark website that you wish to synchronise with Mailchimp. (This is what we do for our two businesses). However , it would be possible to run both copies in seperate directories on the same physical PC machine (as we do). The principal constraint would be your API use relative to the amount of users that you wish to maintain on Mailchimp.

    Regards
    Rob

    Hi Rob

    I'm mainly a Mac user and not that familiar with PC's. When you say use separate directories is it simply a case of creating a new user for each integration and installing a copy of the API for each user?

    Thanks
    Chris

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South West England
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R.O.T. View Post
    Hi Rob

    I'm mainly a Mac user and not that familiar with PC's. When you say use separate directories is it simply a case of creating a new user for each integration and installing a copy of the API for each user?

    Thanks
    Dear Chris, You would need 1 x copy of the software for each Bluepark domain that you have. When you install it you will have a choice of installation directory. I would suggest that you name the directory relating to your domain name for each implementation. You can have any number of software implementations running on the same PC, they will simply be calling different domains and working in different physical areas of the disk directory structure. They will both be calling Mailchimp but with either different login details relevant to the domain that they are updating or the same Mailchimp account but populating different maillists. This is the process that we followed as we have two domains hosted on Bluepark.
    Regards
    Rob

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    381

    Default

    My Mailchimp API has suddenly stopped working, the log shows "Invalid response from Bluepark".

    As far as I know I've not changed anything, has anyone got any ideas
    Chris

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R.O.T. View Post
    My Mailchimp API has suddenly stopped working, the log shows "Invalid response from Bluepark".

    As far as I know I've not changed anything, has anyone got any ideas
    Me too. I've tried to contact Rob but he hasn't got back to me yet.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    372

    Default

    It maybe connected to the recent TLS change, which has also meant the stock take software can't be used for the moment. If this is the issue then I don't believe that it is a quick fix.
    Shaun

    Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Les78 View Post
    Me too. I've tried to contact Rob but he hasn't got back to me yet.
    Hi. did you manage to sort the problem out?
    Chris

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South West England
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R.O.T. View Post
    Hi. did you manage to sort the problem out?
    The problem is due to the Bluepark TLS upgrade and will not be fixed in the short term. All other software is okay. Although it is possible to upgrade various python modules with TLS (which has been done) the compilation and maintenance issues make this so painful on the multiple platforms that people want that it is easier to offer anybody who has purchased this a full refund via private message. This seems the honourable thing to do but doesn't encourage me to do any Bluepark API work in the future.
    Regards
    Rob

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandanashop View Post
    The problem is due to the Bluepark TLS upgrade and will not be fixed in the short term. All other software is okay. Although it is possible to upgrade various python modules with TLS (which has been done) the compilation and maintenance issues make this so painful on the multiple platforms that people want that it is easier to offer anybody who has purchased this a full refund via private message. This seems the honourable thing to do but doesn't encourage me to do any Bluepark API work in the future.
    Regards
    Rob
    OK thanks for the reply Rob
    Chris

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandanashop View Post
    The problem is due to the Bluepark TLS upgrade and will not be fixed in the short term. All other software is okay. Although it is possible to upgrade various python modules with TLS (which has been done) the compilation and maintenance issues make this so painful on the multiple platforms that people want that it is easier to offer anybody who has purchased this a full refund via private message. This seems the honourable thing to do but doesn't encourage me to do any Bluepark API work in the future.
    Regards
    Rob
    We won't be looking for a refund as we got plenty of value from the software whilst it was in use Rob.

    However, I think it does raise the question of whether Bluepark needs to become a catalyst for a BP App Store by providing some ready-made integrations. Since the API was launched I think the current results have been disappointing.
    Shaun

    Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Hi Rob, is it both the MailChimp and Stock Take software that no longer works, or is the MailChimp option still available to purchase and install?

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South West England
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Mailchimp is still working fine, however it was written prior to the EU directive on Opting Out so you need to review it on that basis. Essentially it will keep your Mailchimp and Bluepark mailing lists synchronised when a customer opts-out.
    Regards
    Rob

Similar Threads

  1. API Developers on Bluepark
    By rich91 in forum Bluepark API and Developer Partners
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2016, 16:49
  2. Bluepark REST API Released
    By Rich in forum Bluepark API and Developer Partners
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2013, 15:05
  3. Happy Birthday Bluepark - Now on Twitter!
    By Rich in forum General Discussion: Any Other Business
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-09-2011, 11:10
  4. Bluepark / Ebay / Amazon API Integration
    By Sarah in forum Online Marketing and Promotion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-02-2011, 10:13
  5. Goodbye for now
    By entertaintoday in forum General Discussion: Any Other Business
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 15:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us

Bluepark's ecommerce software is developed, hosted and supported exclusively by ourselves, here in the UK, and has been so since the company was initially formed in 2004. Your brand new online shop will be hosted securely on our fast and reliable server network, using a domain name of your choice, providing the ability to build and maintain your ecommerce website, and manage your orders, from any location via your own secure online Administration Console.

A Bluepark ecommerce site is the perfect tool for selling online, whether you're selling physical products, digital downloads or services. You'll be in good company with over 1,000 UK customers who also form a friendly and helpful online community, further strengthening our highly acclaimed support network.

Find us on...