Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upselling related products

Default Upselling related products

Hi All,

The products we sell generally have matching accessories and I'm thinking about the best way to upsell these using the bluepark platform. If you take the example of a necklace where we might also have matching earings and potentially a broach, is there a way to prompt the customer who has just one of these things in their basket to add the others?

Obviously there's the related products area which we already use but I was thinking more along the lines of a page/popup which says "Do you want to add matching earings?"

Has anybody found something which works well?

We have the same issue, ideally we would like to be able to add some sort of related products block to the Add to Basket Popup but that's not possible at the moment. Best we could do was to use Addable Related which makes them show near the add to basket button (depending upon your template.)

Agree - its been proven during A / B split testing that a good upsell / cross can add / increase an order by 30%. Not by us I have to add.

I really think that once the Netdespatch system is live, BP need to look at getting a few smaller updates in as its starting to get left behind a bit with some of the on site functionality. I look at some of the add-ons for Joomla and Magento and start to drool at bit!!
    Regards

Neil.

Agree that this is an area that needs some attention. We wanted to upsell on the basket page and contacted Support. Here are the suggestions:
    (1) "Within all Product Editors > Properties section at the bottom of the page there is a Optional Extra option, this displays the product in the basket area and can be selected from a drop down list."
    We tried this and, while the functionality is OK (i.e. there is a drop-down list from which to choose products), it is very hard to find on the basket page! It is right at the bottom and there are no images shown by default. Customers would struggle to know it's there.
    (2) "Instead of using this method what about creating a copy of the Selected Products block, adding the correct products and add the new block to basket layout instead?"
    We tried this - again it works and has the benefit of images, but the positioning is far from ideal. It also takes the customer away from the Basket Page to the Product Page when clicked.

What's needed IMHO is for the 'extra' products to be displayed underneath the original product(s) that the customer has added to their basket, with the addition of a simple 'Would you like to add this to your basket?' checkbox to tick.

Quote Originally Posted by bornfree View Post

What's needed IMHO is for the 'extra' products to be displayed underneath the original product(s) that the customer has added to their basket, with the addition of a simple 'Would you like to add this to your basket?' checkbox to tick.

If you are referring to the checkout page - then have to disagree - I'd like to see it at the bottom of the add to basket pop up. - so its in your face!
    Regards

Neil.

Hi All,

Thanks for the input.

I've been really impressed with BP so far and this is the first thing I've been looking for that it looks like it can't do so I'm not overly disappointed. Is there a development roadmap published anywhere or somewhere to log requests such as this?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

I really think that once the Netdespatch system is live, BP need to look at getting a few smaller updates in as its starting to get left behind a bit with some of the on site functionality. I look at some of the add-ons for Joomla and Magento and start to drool at bit!!
    I would like to see this also, the updates used to be frequent.
    Since Jan 2015 there have been 8 updates, in 2014 alone there were 34 with previous years I remember being similar.
    Last edited by swg; 03-03-2016 at 17:11.

Quote Originally Posted by swg View Post
    I would like to see this also, the updates used to be frequent.
    Since Jan 2015 there have been 8 updates, in 2014 alone there were 34 with previous years I remember being similar.
    I agree the updates seem to be few and far between now, I feel that bluepark is an incredible piece of software, but I also feel that the fast changing world of e-commerce is taking its toll on one person doing all the programming, there are so many small things that other software can do or can be added on that it is leaving bluepark behind, such as the plugins on Magento, Shopify etc, and the fact you can get people to make these plugins, however because of the closed off nature of the software this is not possible, but would open up a world of possibilities.

I think there should be a roadmap that is visible to the users and allow us to input to it, there maybe priorities that BluePark think are important but the users don't and vice versa. At the moment it doesnt feel like we have any steer.

An example of this is https://lemonstand.com/roadmap

Failing that it would be good to have a suggestions forum and then hear back from Bluepark.

I like the idea of a roadmap, this would allow us to plan and know what to expect for the future, it would be nice if would could upvote certain features of the roadmap as the users of bluepark, as you say what bluepark see as important we may not

A product roadmap is pretty standard for a software business, I'm sure BP have one and I'm surprised its not available to customers.

Bluepark obviously have their own internal roadmap but do not want to make it public. Plenty of threads on this forum, just search for roadmap and you will see threads on this subject going back to 2010 !

What we currently know is BP are working on Netdispatch and have New Templates and Amazon Integration in the pipeline after that.
    Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

What we currently know is BP are working on Netdispatch and have New Templates and Amazon Integration in the pipeline after that.
    Problem is Dave, the Amazon integration has been so long in coming that most people have either managed to sort out another system, or like me given up selling on there. People really are willing to work for peanuts on there, so its just not worth the effort for us.

It's the on-site upgrade I want to see now.
    Regards

Neil.

Problem is Dave, the Amazon integration has been so long in coming that most people have either managed to sort out another system, or like me given up selling on there. People really are willing to work for peanuts on there, so its just not worth the effort for us.

Sound like there are lots of things going on but it would be really great to see a roadmap with timescales

Exactly what we have done, we have hired a programmer to write us a bespoke Amazon API to handle stock and orders. We would really like a lot more upsell features and now that we offer personalised items, a way to present that in a clear and simple way to our customers would be lovely.

The smaller developments are "quick wins". Sometimes, you can get bogged down with the larger projects and never find time for the smaller stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
    Exactly what we have done, we have hired a programmer to write us a bespoke Amazon API to handle stock and orders
    Do you have details @kayJay? We're looking to expand to Amazon in the summer and would LOVE to make it as simple as possible!

I'd also like to see a roadmap for future features. I've been with bluepark for some time now joining after being impressed with what it offered and the fact it seemed to be actively developed.

I'm not sure there has been any new features since joining though

Up selling is something I've been looking at on Shopify.

BP need to look at getting a few smaller updates in as its starting to get left behind a bit with some of the on site functionality. I look at some of the add-ons for Joomla and Magento and start to drool at bit!!
    oooh, such as?

Perhaps start a new thread with a poll, listing each cool joomla/magento add-on as an option we can vote on...

I recognise and understand the undertone of recent posts by some long-time forum users.

In our defence, third party features were long overdue and generally take a lot longer than features that are self-contained. Many of you know that we operate a very small team, this improves quality and reduces bugs to a minimum, but it also means that features take longer to develop.

There are pros and cons with every type of solution. Open source products have hundreds of add-ons, but these are frequently poor quality and rarely work well with other add-ons or indeed the core product.

Our struggle is always to provide an off-the-shelf solution that benefits as many users as possible. It's impossible for us to please everyone with every update. eBay took many months to produce, some of you couldn't imagine being without it now, others were annoyed that we produced a feature that was of no benefit to them.

NetDespatch, or Royal Mail integration (as it should really be known), is nearly completed.

When this has been released, we will focus on some "quick wins" as suggested by our forum users and based on common support tickets we've received.

I'm keen to explore the idea of having a feature request forum, but with the facility to accurately categorise and tag feature requests. If we're going to do this, it has to be organised.

We can only produce features as fast as we are able, but perhaps we can do so more transparently and based on the broadest customer feedback we can gather.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions