Thread: New site.......

Default New site.......

New site coming soon. Would like to know what people think so far? good or bad please let me know!!

http://bp182.betapark.co.uk/

Am loving it.... let me know when it goes live, cos, LOVE gadgets, and see you have lots to choose from :-)
    Terry

Typo on your About Us page. Missing dot between "co" and "uk"

TheGadgetLounge.couk
    It's a good idea to put your business address on your Contact Us page so people know who they're dealing with.

Good luck with your new Bluepark site

Thank you for pointing this out. I think I am just about ready to go live now!

Great site, couple of observations:

1. Your 'Gifts for...' links in the right column don't go anywhere.

2. Your Facebook link at the foot of the homepage doesn't go anywhere
    Joe

Thanks for the input Joe. I am toying with the idea of having the right hand column or leaving it off and just having gifts for him etc in the slideshow (keep changing my mind)

Thanks for pointing out the facebook link, I shall get that sorted.

I would definitely have the gifts for him/her links, it's the first thing I go to if I'm on a site like yours.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Jodergas View Post
    I am toying with the idea of having the right hand column or leaving it off and just having gifts for him etc in the slideshow (keep changing my mind)
    Have it in both places although people won't necessarily see it in the slideshow if you have lots of slideshow images. People won't wait for a particular slideshow image to come round.

Having it in the margin means that it can appear on more than one page and is more static/permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Am loving it.... let me know when it goes live, cos, LOVE gadgets, and see you have lots to choose from :-)
    Hi Terry

Just to let you know we have now gone live! Feel free to have a look around (we have a lot more stuff coming in throughout the year). If you interested in anything let me know.

Cheers
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Jodergas View Post
    Hi Terry

Just to let you know we have now gone live! Feel free to have a look around (we have a lot more stuff coming in throughout the year). If you interested in anything let me know.

Cheers
    Joe

Oh - thank you...will have a look today :-)...erm...whats the site address...cant find it
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Oh - thank you...will have a look today :-)...erm...whats the site address...cant find it
    Sorry Terry my mistake its www.thegadgetlounge.co.uk

Hi Jodergas,

Welcome to BP. Your site looks good.

One thing I spotted you need to fix is the 'about us' link at the bottom of the page. The hyperlink doesn't include the 'a', and your about us page is at example-page.html.

Quote Originally Posted by Schweets View Post
    Hi Jodergas,

Welcome to BP. Your site looks good.

One thing I spotted you need to fix is the 'about us' link at the bottom of the page. The hyperlink doesn't include the 'a', and your about us page is at example-page.html.
    You now need to remove the hyperlink and re-insert it as the "A" isn't included in the actual link.

Thank you for pointing this out. I have sorted it now, in fact it was lucky you had pointed this out as our about us page was a mock up from our sister company that I not yet changed.

Cheers guys!!

A few more points:

1) You use an image in place of text in the right-hand pane. I would change this to styled text, or at the very least add an ALT and a TITLE attribute.

2) Your content for some of your products is a straight copy of the manufacturer content. I would avoid this where possible and create your own content.

3) You are missing page descriptions (see https://cartangel.com/free-ecommerce-seo-check or screamingfrog to do a quick check)

4) Your social links in the footer are still the default targets.

Hope thats helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
    A few more points:

1) You use an image in place of text in the right-hand pane. I would change this to styled text, or at the very least add an ALT and a TITLE attribute.

2) Your content for some of your products is a straight copy of the manufacturer content. I would avoid this where possible and create your own content.

3) You are missing page descriptions (see https://cartangel.com/free-ecommerce-seo-check or screamingfrog to do a quick check)

4) Your social links in the footer are still the default targets.

Hope thats helpful.
    Thank you for the pointers, sorry we have had a few personal issues recently so a few things have been neglected. Is it possible you could explain a bit more about the first point you make? do you mean the text in the right hand side of the product pages? also would have any more info on 'styled text, or at the very least add an ALT and a TITLE attribute' I am not really up this at all?

Thanks for your help!