View Poll Results: Do you currently use or might you use Google Shopping to promote your product

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

10 25.00%
  • Yes

30 75.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Product Ratings in Google Shopping

Quote Originally Posted by OurWeigh.co.uk View Post
    This is a must for us because our competitors have it now!
    Back in April I had this from James: "Thank you for gatheringthis information, I will add the thread URL to our internal suggestion documentfor this Google shopping feature."
    I don't know how frequently BP pull items from the suggestion document, or if this particular feature is a difficult one to implement but for anyone who uses Google Shopping I would have thought it was a must have. Perhaps it needs more Google shopping users to add their voice to this thread for it to be actioned.
    Gill

Another one who would really appreciate this to be done.

My competitors have this implemented now and it certainly makes their ads stand out compared to mine.

I also wonder if it has any impact on ranking in Google shopping...we all know that the better the ranking the lower the cost and we could all do with that.
    Gill

bump as we would also like this implemented asap.

Hi guys,

Just out of interest, are any of you advertising internationally using the Google Shopping platform?

Thanks,
    Richard

+1 for this

Quote Originally Posted by rich91 View Post
    Hi guys,

Just out of interest, are any of you advertising internationally using the Google Shopping platform?

Thanks,
    Richard
    Not at the moment - I could be wrong but I think that conversions might be lower on international advertising and as the feed is not really as good as it could be eg lack of product ratings I don't think it provides optimum performance.
    Gill

It would be really useful to know where this feature request is on the BP list, is it a "yes, sometime" or "no, never".

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    It would be really useful to know where this feature request is on the BP list, is it a "yes, sometime" or "no, never".
    I agree. When I was incontact with James over this issue I was left with the impression that this is on the list for consideration. As the process is so opaque it could well have been considered and rejected by now and we would not know.
    Gill

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    It would be really useful to know if there's a feature request list!

It really would be really really useful to know if there's a feature request list! Really!

Quote Originally Posted by Earthrise View Post
    It really would be really really useful to know if there's a feature request list! Really!
    BLUEPARK - PLEASE can we have some sort of update - what are you working on, whats coming up? features etc.

Rich mentioned at the end of this post a couple of things that are next in the pipe line

https://www.bluepark.co.uk/forums/sh...2694#post52694

Quote Originally Posted by Gillf View Post
    It is possible to have your site review stars show under your product listing in Google shopping. A really neat way of standing out from the crowd and increasing ctr. You need to have approval from Google but that is just a form to complete. Unfortunately, I discovered after approval that Google require the data in the form of an XML feed supplied to the Merchant Centre like the product feed.

There is no suitable feed.

So I would like this to be added to the BP to do list please pretty please and preferably quite soon before our competition wake up to the possibility and everyone has stars!

If you feel the same as me please join in to let BP know.
    Hi Gill
    When you say 'approval from Google', are you referring to Google's Trusted Stores programme? If so, that requires a HTML5 doctype, which Bluepark doesn't have. At least, not in any templates I have seen, they are all HTML4.1.
    If something else, are you sure that method is still available to you? Google seems to have changed their criteria recently for seller ratings and the main way now seems to be to use one of their approved third-party review collection sites, such as Trustpilot or reviews.co.uk. Are you sure Google will accept self-supplied reviews and ratings? One other change worth noting - Google now requires a minimum of 150 reviews within the last 12 months, which is a real challenge to smaller and/or low-volume retailers.
    Google's current guidelines: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375474?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
    Hi Gill
    When you say 'approval from Google', are you referring to Google's Trusted Stores programme? If so, that requires a HTML5 doctype, which Bluepark doesn't have. At least, not in any templates I have seen, they are all HTML4.1.
    If something else, are you sure that method is still available to you? Google seems to have changed their criteria recently for seller ratings and the main way now seems to be to use one of their approved third-party review collection sites, such as Trustpilot or reviews.co.uk. Are you sure Google will accept self-supplied reviews and ratings? One other change worth noting - Google now requires a minimum of 150 reviews within the last 12 months, which is a real challenge to smaller and/or low-volume retailers.
    Google's current guidelines: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375474?hl=en
    No I am not referring to Google trusted Stores program. Back in April the site/account was accepted by Google Shopping to show the on site reviews in Google shopping ads, a really neat feature which makes the ads concerned stand out, and in theory improve click thru and conversion rates. Following approval, the reviews feed which if I remember correctly had to be in xml format, had to be uploaded. It was at that stage I discovered that there was no way to supply the correctly formatted feed.
    Gill

Quote Originally Posted by Gillf View Post
    No I am not referring to Google trusted Stores program. Back in April the site/account was accepted by Google Shopping to show the on site reviews in Google shopping ads, a really neat feature which makes the ads concerned stand out, and in theory improve click thru and conversion rates. Following approval, the reviews feed which if I remember correctly had to be in xml format, had to be uploaded. It was at that stage I discovered that there was no way to supply the correctly formatted feed.
    Yep, when the program was launched we got approved and then had to contact BP for help with getting the feed ready. At the time James said why would we need to do this seeing as we already had rich snippets. I explained further and was told no. A few months later I tried again I was told it would be considered for a future update and then that was that. Nothing heard of again. As Gill has already said, I gave up trying asking for new features as the answer is no pretty much all of the time.

There are so many features we would like that BP doesn't have or does have but not really how we need it (we sell personalised items and the additions system is getting left way behind).

Quote Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
    (we sell personalised items and the additions system is getting left way behind).
    Agree with this. We also sell personalised items and would love it if the additions part of the system could be improved
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
    Yep, when the program was launched we got approved and then had to contact BP for help with getting the feed ready. At the time James said why would we need to do this seeing as we already had rich snippets. I explained further and was told no. A few months later I tried again I was told it would be considered for a future update and then that was that. Nothing heard of again. As Gill has already said, I gave up trying asking for new features as the answer is no pretty much all of the time.

There are so many features we would like that BP doesn't have or does have but not really how we need it (we sell personalised items and the additions system is getting left way behind).
    Rich, is this being considered for inclusion??

The shopping ads that have the reviews stars showing seriously stand out over those that don't.
    Regards

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.T. View Post
    Agree with this. We also sell personalised items and would love it if the additions part of the system could be improved
    This is much needed for us, and the additions system is the only thing that would cause us to have to leave bluepark.