Thread: Bluepark / Barcode now available

Default Bluepark / Barcode now available

Dear Bluepark users, I am today announcing a software release of our 3rd software product using the amazing Bluepark API.
    A Bluepark/Barcode tool which allows rapid update of Goods In and also speeds up the stocktaking process. Once again this is software that we use in-house on a daily basis in our Bluepark businesses. I quantify in the product page that (based on our own daily use) there is a x 9 times improvement in speed for updating quantities onto our Bluepark site.

I estimate that this software reduces a full stocktake down from a laborious 3 hours to 45 minutes. There are also other un-quantifiable benefits in data accuracy etc. On each barcode scan the product is checked at Bluepark for its existence or it can accept batched input from a wireless scanner. It handles any variation of SKU, SKU-Variant, MPN or Barcode. It can aggregate and update Bluepark stock in seconds using the Bluepark API. You don't even need a barcode to be able to use barcoding technology, as you can create a barcode representation using a Code 39 barcode format of a SKU, SKU-Variant or MPN.

screenshot.jpg

I invite you to read the user manual and consider if this fits your needs.
    We have a free trial version to download which allows up to 50 scans or 1 elapsed trial month or simply purchase direct and I will supply you a licence by return. It is available at www.bandanashop.com/software.html

Please post any general questions in this forum rather than a private message if you consider that the answer may assist others.

Thank you

Rob

Hi Rob,

I hope I haven't missed it in your manual but if a product has 10 units in stock in BP, but as part of the stock take this product is actually not in stock will it rewrite the stock value to zero? (i.e. all products in BP with no scan on the stock taking process will be zeroed at the end of the session)

Also is there any way to check old value vs new value? The rewrite differences are important for us to update any stock adjustments in our accounting programme and also to check that someone hasn't scanned in a multi-box as one unit (hopefully we've all been there.....)

By the way - great work!!!
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Loxta View Post
    Hi Rob,

I hope I haven't missed it in your manual but if a product has 10 units in stock in BP, but as part of the stock take this product is actually not in stock will it rewrite the stock value to zero? (i.e. all products in BP with no scan on the stock taking process will be zeroed at the end of the session)

!
    I had thought of doing this but the program would have to either set all inventory to zero immediately before the stock-take or the more sophisticated option is to compare the difference either for a whole category or a 100% stocktake and adjust for all BP stock that didn't appear on the stock-take. This would take quite a lot of API resources but it is possible to do and will probably be added in the near term when I have some feedback from people like yourself. In answer to your question at the moment it would remain at 10. I have a script that I have run in the past to set all inventory to zero on my own site and although the update runs fast, it is still a nervous proposition to do this at any time of the day or night let alone for other sites other than my own.

Also is there any way to check old value vs new value? The rewrite differences are important for us to update any stock adjustments in our accounting programme and also to check that someone hasn't scanned in a multi-box as one unit (hopefully we've all been there.....)
    !
    The Log tab provides an audit trail of each product as it is adjusted up or down in a stocktake or update. e,g, "SKU 12345 'Widget' adjusted by qty 3 from 1 to 4." or similar.

By the way - great work!!

Thank you.

Great, as you have mentioned we can right the stock values via the import to zero and then let the program take it from there.

It just allows me to build the process as we need to conduct our stock take any time soon.
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Great, as you have mentioned we can right the stock values via the import to zero and then let the program take it from there.

It just allows me to build the process as we need to conduct our stock take any time soon.
    Based on what you suggested I am releasing an amended version of the software in the next 24-48 hours (version 2,5.08) which will time-stamp the start of the stocktake process (making an allowance for clocks that might be slightly out between the host machine and the Bluepark Server).

At the end of the stocktake update process which could be seconds later it will then look at all Bluepark SKUs/ SKU-variants looking for products that were not changed i.e. a 'modified_since' date that is prior to the stocktake indicates a Bluepark SKU record that is unchanged by the stocktake.

Depending on your level of caution you will then be able to set these to zero en-mass (assuming that you have done a full stocktake) or individually. This should then be an exact match.

Regards
    Rob

Fantastic - barcode reader is on order and software will be setup over the weekend.

Just another open idea was whether on scanning the product either for stock take or for goods in, whether it could display the warehouse location to verify that it is correct or that we know where to send it.

Looking forward to getting this running.

Just as a separate item, we have a large variety of SKUs and barcodes but we have certainly found the Brother label printers easier to use from a mail merge basis than the Dymo ones.
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Fantastic - barcode reader is on order and software will be setup over the weekend.

Just another open idea was whether on scanning the product either for stock take or for goods in, whether it could display the warehouse location to verify that it is correct or that we know where to send it.
    Excellent, we have 3 different readers and it works on every one. Duly noted about the warehouse location, I will see if there is room to include it when the product is checked at Bluepark, but before its updated. It would appear next to the status in barcode list.

By next week you will be able to do a part-stocktake by warehouse location field which is more logical (Everything in RACK A, then everything in RACK B etc)
    and you will be able to update Bluepark SKUs that were not on the stock-take to zero in a variety of sensible ways. This is based on feedback from another customer who is already using it.

Looking forward to getting this running.

Just as a separate item, we have a large variety of SKUs and barcodes but we have certainly found the Brother label printers easier to use from a mail merge basis than the Dymo ones.
    Fair enough, I think the Brother Label printer is equally as good.

Thank you for your commitment to this - I can assure you I will do everything possible to make this work for you and any other users.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Bandanashop View Post
    Thank you for your commitment to this - I can assure you I will do everything possible to make this work for you and any other users.
    Rob
    I don't doubt that one bit, looking forward to testing this in anger
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Default Version 2.6 is released today

Version 2.6 is released today. Major changes are :

1) The software now checks for duplicate MPNs or Barcodes. You can stock-take a zone, a warehouse location or a category enabling you to part-stocktake just about any part of your
    inventory when you want. Stock-take reconcilliation is improved based on customer suggestions.

2) You can reconcile on a SKU-by-SKU basis, review them later or set un-reconcilled SKU qty to zero automatically via the Bluepark API.

3) There is an optional addition of Title/SKU/MPN columns allowing Dispatch Note matching and better identification of inbound stock at the point of
    barcoding scan. This should allow reconciliation for Goods In paperwork to be done at the same time as physically checking Goods In quantities.

4) There are various other nice usability changes to enhance the experience and guide the user.

For Blueparkers who still put their stock on manually or love counting stock in a dark warehouse/garage/lock-up/bedroom I would encourage to keep an open mind and you read this manual (below) and ask me questions either here or privately on 01647 270257. We use this software in both our business's every day and I am certain that if you have physical stock you will find this of benefit!

http://www.bandanashop.com/downloads/UserGuide.pdf

Regards
    Rob

Rob,

Used this anger for the first time yesterday for our stock take and........absolutely brilliant!

Once all the barcodes etc were setup, the whole process was much quicker, simpler and less likely to include any errors.

I was slightly sceptical at first based on the price of the software and a notional cost of a decent barcode scanner. However the trial version satisfied that the software matched a process that we can use for our business to deliver us a good return and we picked up an e-Sky wireless scanner for about 30.

The most time consuming part was getting the barcodes onto the products which was a slight pain as we manufacture our own products. However this is something we had to do anyway, and if you purchase stock with barcodes already on then you are laughing. Hopefully we will see even better results at the next stocktake as we won't have to apply any barcodes.

Keep up the good work Rob!!!
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Rob,

Used this anger for the first time yesterday for our stock take and........absolutely brilliant!

Once all the barcodes etc were setup, the whole process was much quicker, simpler and less likely to include any errors.

I was slightly sceptical at first based on the price of the software and a notional cost of a decent barcode scanner. However the trial version satisfied that the software matched a process that we can use for our business to deliver us a good return and we picked up an e-Sky wireless scanner for about 30.

The most time consuming part was getting the barcodes onto the products which was a slight pain as we manufacture our own products. However this is something we had to do anyway, and if you purchase stock with barcodes already on then you are laughing. Hopefully we will see even better results at the next stocktake as we won't have to apply any barcodes.

Keep up the good work Rob!!!
    Thank you Shaun, I would encourage other Bluepark users with less than perfect stock-control to take a look at this.
    Rob

Hi Rob,
    Can you post an up to date link to the user manual for me to check out. I have just upgraded to business park and need a good way of listing products and hope this software will help. Thanks for any reply Pat
    We will overcome the big boys - eventually

Quote Originally Posted by PoniesOnParade View Post
    Hi Rob,
    Can you post an up to date link to the user manual for me to check out. I have just upgraded to business park and need a good way of listing products and hope this software will help. Thanks for any reply Pat
    Pat, Here is the link.
    http://www.bandanashop.com/user/blue.../UserGuide.pdf

If you have any questions you are very welcome to ask me here or just ring up the bandanashop.com phone number.
    Basically, you will need to add barcodes to your Bluepark products if they do not already exist. The barcode updater software can count your individual items or whatever denomination of quantity you deal to BP as your stock comes through the door. The benefits are simply speed and accuracy. You can tell bluepark how much stock you have very quickly.
    We use this software on a daily basis. Other Bluepark customers are similar, including one huge customer who uses this software ALL DAY.
    There is also a stocktake mode to do a stocktake and replace your stock with the barcode count rather than update the stock.
    Regards
    Rob

Using our handheld wireless scanner and this software I did a complete stock-take of one of our sites in 45 minutes using the above software. Thousands of boxes zapped in three different physical locations. All the stock was adjusted and updated within about 2 minutes using the Bluepark API. No interruption to our normal business flow either (because its so quick). If any Bluepark customer purchases this and can't make it work for them I will give you a 100% refund. What have you got to lose?
    Rob

It is still just for PC an not Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandanashop View Post
    Using our handheld wireless scanner and this software I did a complete stock-take of one of our sites in 45 minutes using the above software. Thousands of boxes zapped in three different physical locations. All the stock was adjusted and updated within about 2 minutes using the Bluepark API. No interruption to our normal business flow either (because its so quick). If any Bluepark customer purchases this and can't make it work for them I will give you a 100% refund. What have you got to lose?
    Rob
    Terry

Hi

whats the issue with installing this onto windows 10 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post
    Hi

whats the issue with installing this onto windows 10 ?
    We are using this on Windows 10 with no issues at all
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    It is still just for PC an not Mac?
    PC only at the moment Terry.