Thread: HELP - some people can't access my site, and are getting a page full of ads!

Default HELP - some people can't access my site, and are getting a page full of ads!

I have had a few people contact me on Facebook over the last few days (and 2 just now within the space of 5 minutes) to say that they cannot access my site, and are getting a page full of ads. I've checked my end, and everything seems fine, so I got people to send me a screen shot of what they are seeing. It appears that some people are being taken to sedoparking.com ???

This is very worrying, because I have no idea how many people this is happening to, as most people wouldn't bother to message me on facebook, they would just assume the site isn't working, and move on. Why is this happening? And how can I resolve it.

My site is schweets.co.uk

12910150_10208773864574230_820701040_n.jpg13059404_1108333115875127_112150403_n.jpg

I've tried it a few times, no problems here

Have you recently changed your DNS settings ? If can take 24 / 48 hours to propogate across all ISP's.

I can see your site OK.
    Regards,

Dave

Make sure you have changed your DNS NAME SERVERS to point at Bluepark

i.e. ns1.bluepark.co.uk and ns2.bluepark.co.uk

Currently, it looks like you are still pointing at 1and1

You change this in your 1and1 Admin Panel

If in doubt, read this blog from Bluepark "Everything You Need to Know About Domain Names with Bluepark"

https://www.bluepark.co.uk/blog/faqs...ain-names.html

Registrar:
    1 & 1 Internet SE [Tag = 1AND1]
    URL: https://www.1and1.co.uk

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 27-Jan-2015
    Expiry date: 27-Jan-2017
    Last updated: 08-Jan-2016

Registration status:
    Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
    ns-uk.1and1-dns.biz
    ns-uk.1and1-dns.co.uk
    ns-uk.1and1-dns.com
    ns-uk.1and1-dns.org

WHOIS lookup made at 08:13:10 24-Apr-2016

Just tried and got this....Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thanks guys,

I've got my emails hosted by 1&1, so I only changed the A Name, and left the DNS pointing to 1&1.

I'm happy to change this and host my emails through Bluepark as well if it will resolve the issues?

I asked on Facebook yesterday to see how many people could access my site, and out of about 20 replies, there were 3 people who couldn't, and were getting a Forbidden message like Prettycool got.

According to Bluepark's blog

If you just want Bluepark to host your website, but keep your email accounts hosted elsewhere, then you would change just the A Record and point this to the IP Address of your website.

If you want Bluepark to host your emails as well as your website then you would change your Name Servers and point these to Bluepark’s Name Servers.
    ... so the answer seems "do not" change your DNS.

I was unaware you were hosting your emails elsewhere. I thought the "MX" record controlled emails.

Have you contacted Bluepark?

Have you made the changes in the last couple of days ? Like I said it can take 24 / 48 hours to propagate across all ISP"s and therefore some people may see your site and others may not.

I"m with BT and can see your site no problem. Might be worth asking someone who can't see who their ISP is.
    Regards,

Dave

Have you given out a bad link in an email campaign or something? http://www.schweets.com/ for example gives a load of ads.

I've tried your site 5 - 6 times now with no issues.

I've emailed Bluepark - hopefully I should get a reply at some point tomorrow.

I've not made any changes at all. Everything is as it was when I went live about 8 months ago.

No, its not a bad link - when people have sent me screen grabs I can see the correct domain name in the address bar.

I've messaged everyone who commented on my Facebook post, and everyone who has got an issue accessing my site is with Sky broadband!

Prettycool - is your ISP also Sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Have you given out a bad link in an email campaign or something? http://www.schweets.com/ for example gives a load of ads.
    The original screenshots definitely say CO.UK and not COM. COM belongs to another person.

I can view CO.UK alright

Chris - My site is .co.uk not .com

Quote Originally Posted by CLO View Post
    Not good for me. Oh dear ...

Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 20.09.19.jpg

So you have the answer, the problem lies with Sky. Get one of your customers to clear their cache and try again. If problem still persists ask them to contact Sky for help.

Do a search for Sky DNS and you will see a long long list of problems and unhappy customers.

Its not a BP problem.
    Regards,

Dave

Apologies. Not thinking. .co.uk is fine for me of course.

Sky it is.

Sounds like it is a Sky problem, how odd! Unfortunately it means it's not in your hands to fix. I'd definitely be raising it with them however

Quote Originally Posted by Schweets View Post
    I've emailed Bluepark - hopefully I should get a reply at some point tomorrow.

I've not made any changes at all. Everything is as it was when I went live about 8 months ago.

No, its not a bad link - when people have sent me screen grabs I can see the correct domain name in the address bar.

I've messaged everyone who commented on my Facebook post, and everyone who has got an issue accessing my site is with Sky broadband!

Prettycool - is your ISP also Sky?
    Yes, we are with Sky but not much longer!