Thread: Is your Data Scheduling working?

Default Is your Data Scheduling working?

For a week or so now I don't think our scheduled imports/exports are working reliably. We use Linnworks to manage our stock and despite marking orders as shipped Bluepark is not importing the file. It all looks fine at Linnwork's end so I'm wondering if there is something going on with the Data Scheduler.

We are having problems and James is looking into it.
    Regards,

Dave

I think I will raise a ticket too as our data schedule has still not run and it should have been run at midday.

I don't know if ours are running or not, there needs to be some sort of status on there, like "last run at..."

Having said that I've just sorted our products by 'last modified' and there are some showing 17:05, 15:05, 14:05, 13:05, 12:05, 11:05 and so on. Given that the stock import is supposed to run every hour at 5 past it's looking good. Not sure if 16:05 failed or there was just no change in the suppliers stock feed, and I'm guessing that the stock updates stock after 17:00 as no-one is placing orders with the supplier.

But still think there should be some kind of log / status...

Sometimes we also have issues with the data schedule and Linnworks, however, it may or may not be Bluepark that's the problem. Without Bluepark having a log it is difficult to pinpoint the cause, next time it happens I'll create a ticket with some information too.

It would also be useful to have some more information on how the data schedule tool generally operates, such as can multiple imports/exports be run simultaneously? If so, how many? If not, what happens when there's a clash?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasMurray View Post
    It would also be useful to have some more information on how the data schedule tool generally operates, such as can multiple imports/exports be run simultaneously? If so, how many? If not, what happens when there's a clash?
    We've offset ours to run at different times, but I wonder if there could be a clash with other peoples sites on the same server?

Also, there have been a couple of times when we've tried to do a manual import and been given an error that a scheduled import is happening and to wait until it's finished. Though unhelpfully, the error doesn't say how long that will be. So that suggests that two imports can't happen (on the same site) at the same time, so if one scheduled task tries to start while another is taking place I'm not sure if it would fail or queue it....

Our imports run every 10 minutes. They have run without issue for 2-3 years but just recently have not worked. I raised a ticket and it has been logged for Rich to look at upon his return. Like you say, without logs we can't see when the import last ran, all we know is that the orders are not dispatching. Likewise it's hard to tell if the inventory level import has also run. Exports seem okay at the moment as we can see new orders showing in LW.

Our order despatched import ran okay today, so I really don't know what is happening. I will continue to monitor it.

Spoke too soon, they have stopped again.

Quote Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
    Spoke too soon, they have stopped again.
    At least it started again before stopping.

Mine's still on strike or gone on holiday
    Regards,

Dave