Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Postcode anywhere - do you use it?

Default Postcode anywhere - do you use it?

Just wondering if anyone uses Postcode anywhere or equivalent?

We get mistyped addresses from time to time and also from a user point of view it might be a nice feature?

Thanks

I used to and I think quite a few people still do. I stopped using it when I switched to Royal Mail DMO because the system requires a postcode entry to generate the despatch label and if there is something wrong it shows up at that stage. It does mean there is a bit of extra work then chasing the customer for the correct postcode but that cost is less than the Postcode Anywhere subscription. I seem to remember there was the possibility of auto fill using Postcode Anywhere and that is a benefit for keeping lazy customers in the process but I did not see an increase in cart abandonment when I stopped using PCA - but things could be different now with the increase in mobile shopping.
    Gill

I use it, and to be honest I don't know if it has made a difference or not. I continue to use it, as when I do motto orders etc, its simple to use, and complete the addresses. I also think its a nice feature for customers, and as many of the Big Boys now use similar systems, I think customers expect it to be there when completing their order details. I find the pricing pretty good, and it send a message when you are getting low on credits etc - no long contracts, so, simply stop if it doesn't work for you, with no penalty :-)
    Terry

Yes I use it and find it good. I think it also helps the customers, occasionally there is a glitch but this is rare and overall I think its worth having.

I used it, wasn't massively impressed, when it expired I let it expire and don't miss it one jot.

I'm with Terry on this, We felt that we needed something because we had a few incorrect addresses, (we use Postcode Anywhere) we also felt that it would make the checkout a bit more professional, however I'm not entirely sure if it's wishful thinking and that if we didn't have it, it may not make a lot of different to customer experience.

You might be interested to know that www.craftyclicks.co.uk has Bluepark postcode lookup. I switched from Postcodeanywhere and found them better on several fronts not least the postcode display on the checkout was better. We have far less problems with wrong postcodes using a postcode lookup tool. When a customer puts in the wrong postcode address and is returned or not delivered the cost (as phone calls / interaction /redelivery etc) invariably falls with the website owner. This is money well spent.
    Rob

Interesting - How do you integrate their system??
    Regards

Neil.

Sorry just asked about integration, there is a Bluepark download on the site so I assume its done from there? I would be interested in this too as its half the price of postcode anywhere at a quick glance.

Kim
    Last edited by niche; 27-09-2016 at 15:55. Reason: updated due to more info I found

Quote Originally Posted by Bandanashop View Post
    You might be interested to know that www.craftyclicks.co.uk has Bluepark postcode lookup. I switched from Postcodeanywhere and found them better on several fronts not least the postcode display on the checkout was better. We have far less problems with wrong postcodes using a postcode lookup tool. When a customer puts in the wrong postcode address and is returned or not delivered the cost (as phone calls / interaction /redelivery etc) invariably falls with the website owner. This is money well spent.
    Rob
    Rob, how is their customer service? Postcode Anywhere are pretty good?
    Last edited by niche; 27-09-2016 at 15:52. Reason: typo

Price is good so it sounds good to me. Waiting to here from them.

Quote Originally Posted by rijam View Post
    Price is good so it sounds good to me. Waiting to here from them.
    I signed up for the trial and installed it - easy to do but it does NOT work on mobile - you cant select an address from the drop down. I have removed it and the orders have started again.

They got back to me and said that they would install it for me if i gave them log in details.

Quote Originally Posted by rijam View Post
    They got back to me and said that they would install it for me if i gave them log in details.
    assign them a limited login, then delete it as soon s they have installed
    Terry

I was disappointed with Postcode Anywhere as they retained some of my credit when I didn't use it fast enough and that annoyed me.
    CraftyClicks had a smaller minimum which worked for me., more important was the display is way better, the select box includes house name/number if you look at postcode anywhere you have another step to do. All steps in this process alientate customers as we know, and ultimately it is for our (the retailers) benefit to have an accurate postcode.
    Customer support has been fine. Setup was very quick.

I would be a bit concerned if it doesn't work on mobile sites though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandanashop View Post
    I was disappointed with Postcode Anywhere as they retained some of my credit when I didn't use it fast enough and that annoyed me.
    CraftyClicks had a smaller minimum which worked for me., more important was the display is way better, the select box includes house name/number if you look at postcode anywhere you have another step to do. All steps in this process alientate customers as we know, and ultimately it is for our (the retailers) benefit to have an accurate postcode.
    Customer support has been fine. Setup was very quick.
    Yes we left for that reason, PA not interested if credit wasn't used by the anniversary. Cant say we noticed any difference not having it either.
    Graham

Great Lighting UK Ltd
    www.greatlighting.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLight View Post
    Yes we left for that reason, PA not interested if credit wasn't used by the anniversary. Cant say we noticed any difference not having it either.
    It must depend on who you get at Postcode Anywhere then, because When I didn't use my credits by the due date, they simply expended it for me? I must have dropped lucky with that particular support person
    Terry

Craftyclicks seem to be less than half the price of PA, is there a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Craftyclicks seem to be less than half the price of PA, is there a reason?
    If there is I haven't seen it. Although price is a factor the display is far better within the BP checkout. Also they don't rip you off for unused credits.
    Rob