Thread: A Review of our Web Site

Default A Review of our Web Site

Hi all,
    We are a new online business selling children's wooden toys and gifts, we have been using Bluepark from the start and the support we have received from the team is fantastic , we seem to get a fair bit of traffic but the conversions seem to be low and we get a few baskets filled but they don't seem to progress to checkout. Is there anything that stands out that we have missed? All comments welcome and thanks for your time.

EDIT: Thanks for your feedback, site address now removed.

Hi,

1. You don't seem to have an SSL, hence i wouldn't checkout if not.
    2. I was actually unsure how to get to the basket page - only once i realised that you are calling it a toybox - i think this could confuse people.
    3. You say orders over £50 free, but when you add a large item, you find you get to the checkout and there is a delivery charge.
    Regards

Neil.

Hi

I would say not having an SSL was a big reason, I also would not check out.

An about us page would be good.

I don't like the way your breadcrumb trail is above the navigation in your header, it moves the header as you navigate the site.

I find your delivery charges are very confusing and also agree about you needing a SSL.
    Bengalcat

Hi,
    Thanks for your replies so far,
    SSL has now been installed,
    I will have a look at the delivery info / cost side
    regards the breadcrumb -I don't like the way your breadcrumb trail is above the navigation in your header, it moves the header as you navigate the site.- were would you recommend placing it

Thanks everybody
    Nathan

Just below the header navigation (like this forum) is pretty much the norm.

Just a quick update - I have now moved the breadcrumb trail and altered the toy box to say view basket as well as making the text a bit easier to read.

Thanks again

Hi Nathan

Just a quick observation is that it's easy to panic at this time of year and start looking for problems that may not be major because sales and visits are down For many shops this is the slowest few weeks of the year and although Christmas is just around the corner we find it's mid November before the next spike of sales and people searching for gifts etc. start to happen This seems to get later every year! .

To me your site looks fresh and clean with nice products and I'm sure with the changes that other members have said and you have made you will be reaping the rewards very soon.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by NathanC View Post
    Just a quick update - I have now moved the breadcrumb trail and altered the toy box to say view basket as well as making the text a bit easier to read.

Thanks again
    I think your button "Add to Toy Box" should read "Add to Basket" - that's what buyers expect to see. It's less confusing. Keep things consistent. After all, the aim is to get people to buy your stuff so don't make it difficult for them by introducing new terminology.

Hi Nathan,

You have some lovely products on there, reminds me of my old website business that sold a variety of wooden puzzles. There doesn't seem to be a lot wrong with your site but you may want to look at some of the content alignment. On pages where you do not have a refine block you leave a big white space on the right hand side, this gives the impression that something hasn't loaded properly. This mostly affects your product detail pages which are of course your most important ones.

I'm sure your sales will pick up soon.

Jon
    EZR Shelving & Racking

Thanks everybody for your kind words and advice. I have now done what had been suggested and a few other alterations, just got the delivery page to sort. so hopefully it all looks a bit better now.

Thanks again.