Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feature requests - could do with feedback :)

Default Feature requests - could do with feedback :)

Hi Everyone

Would anyone else here find these two feature request useful?

1. Bundles

Say you have four products listed as a bundle, like this one on our site.

http://www.thediscdjstore.com/krk-ro...ads-leads.html

and the price of one of those items changes, i would like the bundle to change by that amount automatically. So thats 409 at the moment, if the speakers are lowered on our site by 10, that bundle would auto reduce to 389 and any other bundle with those speakers in. Some people may prefer the bundle to change by a percentage and not the full amount of the change on the individual item, if so that could also be added as a and/or tick box in the back end maybe?

The reason we need this change is we have 50 plus bundles with the same individual items, it means we have to edit everyone manually every time there is a price increase or decrease.

2. Hide bundled items

This one is if you have a bundle with variants. See this item

http://www.thediscdjstore.com/pionee...kage-deal.html

At the moment the main pair of headphones that are included (HDJ-500-K) are out of stock, in the drop down box there are other headphone options available but these are also showing as out of stock, even though they aren't.

The reason for this is, in a bundle any item that goes out of stock then makes the bundle unavailable, which is correct, the only way around it at the moment is to add all of the other headphones as part of the bundle but then the customer may think they are all included so that is not an option.

My request is we can add them to the bundle but have an "hidden" tick box next to the bundled items so the customer cant see them all but they are part of the bundle for stock and price adjustments (above request)

Any feedback on these would be great, the more people that could use these features the more chance we have of getting them

Thanks
    Richard

I would like both of these. Bundles need a bit of tweaking, I would also like to be able to specify which variant is included, so that for example we can do a bundle of all Red products. At the moment we can't as we have the colours as variants so have to offer a bundle with all options showing.

I would like the first one and the ability to bundle in variants.
    Regards

Neil.

Bundles where it automatically calculates the price based on the components less x percentage would be great !
    Regards,

Dave

Both sound good to me.

We stopped using bundles because it shows the items included in the bundle as well as the bundle on the despatch notes and invoices and in the order manager. On several occasions we have sent both the bundle and items in the bundle so the customer has ended up with double the products.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.T. View Post
    We stopped using bundles because it shows the items included in the bundle as well as the bundle on the despatch notes and invoices and in the order manager. On several occasions we have sent both the bundle and items in the bundle so the customer has ended up with double the products.
    This can be changed in config.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    This can be changed in config.
    Can you point me in the right direction please
    Chris

Can you point me in the right direction please
    config : order:

Bundles on invoices
    bundles on despatch notes.

I rest my case about lack of instructions!
    Regards

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    config : order:

Bundles on invoices
    bundles on despatch notes.

I rest my case about lack of instructions!
    I've had a play with that but it still shows both the product and its components in the order manager and nothing to indicate that some of the items are components so my packers would send everything twice
    Chris

I've had a play with that but it still shows both the product and its components in the order manager and nothing to indicate that some of the items are components so my packers would send everything twice
    By order manager - do you mean you are picking from the screen??

On despatch notes , we we use to pick from - we only get the items that need to be picked - no mention of any bundles. As far as the staff concerned they don't know if a bundle or not.

When my staff update the order as despatched I make them check that everything they are marking as despatched has been included. If they see items in the order manager that are not on the despatch notes they would be constantly coming to me saying that something was missing from the despach note.
    Chris

The only thing I can suggest on Richard's point one is to make the changes to bundle prices by csv upload - it might be quicker.

Point 2 has been discussed.

Kayjay's request to have variants in bundles : there is no way in BP you can configure bundles to include product variants. I asked that very question about a month ago. However you can code a work-round, and a site we shall be launching in about ten days' time will use this feature : such testing as we have been able to do has been good and it's working.

"Bundles where it automatically calculates the price based on the components less x percentage would be great !"

"ability to bundle in variants"

+1
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

I'd like to see both updates please and in particular to be able to specify which variant is included.

Here is an example of a bundle of five parts (products) each with ten or twelve variants :

https://www.jesterwatch.com/design-watch.html

Quote Originally Posted by CLO View Post
    Here is an example of a bundle of five parts (products) each with ten or twelve variants :

https://www.jesterwatch.com/design-watch.html
    Is that a BP site ?

Quote Originally Posted by SarahT View Post
    Is that a BP site ?
    Looks like it

https://www.jesterwatch.com/sitemap.html

Quote Originally Posted by SarahT View Post
    Is that a BP site ?
    Yes, looks like it - but it can work because all the variants are the same price.
    Regards

Neil.

Yes, Sarah, it is a Bluepark site. And, Neil, I think the bundle price overrides any price of an individual part.

We are about to launch this site, so I'll be doing that later today, hopefully, on Site Introductions in the normal way. I can see that some of you have had a good look, so any comments are appreciated of course ...