Thread: Jester Watches - a new Bluepark site

Default Jester Watches - a new Bluepark site

We are just launching a new business with a BP site : https://www.jesterwatch.com/

1. It started with one of the new templates, although I'm not sure which one now. In the normal way ANY comments, good or bad, would be much appreciated please.

2. Obviously, we'd love it if you bought one, so for the rest of this year (Christmas presents?) we're offering Blueparkers 10% off with the coupon code "BP10".

3. If that doesn't suit, we are also running a draw for a free one every month (which will get you onto our mailing list of course!) - https://www.jesterwatch.com/monthly-free-draw.html or

4. Click on "Monthly Draw" in the header (see image) for a pop up.

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 11.54.11.png

5. As mentioned on another post, most products are a bundle of five products which all have a number of variants (58 in total across the five). That is best seen here, a page which we think is a bit of fun too : https://www.jesterwatch.com/design-watch.html

Most importantly though, please let us have your feedback ....

Thanks

Nice looking site. Nice and clear.

On this (sub) category page, I would be inclined to add some images to click on as some people might not work out that you can click on the sub category names to progress further.

https://www.jesterwatch.com/football.html

From an SEO point of view I would be inclined to include thew word "Watch" in ALL your URLs. People will be searching for "watch(es)".

https://www.jesterwatch.com/single-colour-black.html

Also for SEO purposes, you could do with some page content (I appreciate you just want to get the site up and running with the bare minimum at the moment).

Good luck with your new venture!

Thanks Red - the football page one is on my list to do, but I was just going to check property rights and then find something suitable.

And I haven't done content yet, I know.

Do you think adding "-watch" to the url will make a difference really? I rather thought not, as the whole site is stuffed with the word ....

Quote Originally Posted by CLO View Post
    Do you think adding "-watch" to the url will make a difference really? I rather thought not, as the whole site is stuffed with the word ....
    Personally, yes.

You really need the word "watch" in your Meta Title a well. The Meta Title will auto generate from your Product Title unless you supply a custom Meta Title, so if you don't want to make the site look "untidy" with "watch" in every product title, create your own Meta Title for each product. You could do this "in bulk" using the Export/Import feature by copying the product title (without the HTML) into the Meta Title and adding the "watch".

Meta Descriptions may also need customising. Sometimes, you can just copy the first sentence or two from the page content provided its compelling, relevant and contains the word "watch" but don't stuff it with "keywords".

Thanks again, Red - as you can imagine, I am working on all of this. Especially the content, and of course I'll upload it in bulk. Fortunately (unlike the other business) I haven't got too many products ...

I have really only put it up on this forum so far to get valuable feedback here. I need a few more free days really before we push it out.

If anybody sees any issues on a tablet or mobile too, I'd be really grateful to know, as we can't check everything .... despite the option in Chrome Inspect being brilliant.

Hi
    Love the idea and the site...

On my laptop the Nav bar across the top needs a bit of padding below it because its overlapping the image of the watches on the all pages.

The other thing is its 1 cheaper to build your watch using the part section...?

Cheers
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Hi
    On my laptop the Nav bar across the top needs a bit of padding below it because its overlapping the image of the watches on the all pages.
    I'm viewing in IE9 and have the same problem. There is an overlap between the navigation bar and the top image.

It looks fine in Chrome... not in Explorer

The site looks good well done. I especially like how the colour swatch changes the main image. Personally I think the only thing you are missing is more photos of people actually wearing the watches.

Good luck with it.

Jon
    EZR Shelving & Racking

Thanks Gary and Red - I fixed all of that.

The Nav Bar is actually a table within the header, so I still can't work out why it did that in ie9, and Edge as well ...

And, Jon, I know you're right - more coming.

Hey Chris,

Just to echo what Red Devil said, I would strongly recommend you use the word "Watch" in your product names. Doing this will add it to title tag, the header and of course on the page content on the category pages.

Further SEO points (I think the site design looks pretty good!) I'd work on your page titles throughout the site, including your homepage to be more descriptive. I'd add in related or "customers who viewed this also viewed" type features to improve your internal linking. Adding content to your categories will give google some more context as to what your pages are about. At the moment it looks like your product descriptions are pretty standard, if you expanded on these individually you can add more context and make the pages more interesting

Good luck

Thanks for this too, Stoked - it's all on the list to do ....