Thread: New web site for review

Default New web site for review

Hi all,

Before I go fully live, I would welcome any feedback regarding the temp site, http://bp43.betapark.co.uk/

Main issues still to work on are :

1. Checkout page (I use world pay and would like it to appear as though still on my web site rather than a basic worldpay page, can't find how?)
    2. SSL: can't decide whether to buy a certificate and if so, whole site or just check out pages?

Any feedback welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

Neil

1. Don't know
    2. Definately get a ssl certificate and do whole site. It will be worth it in the long run.

Ian

Thanks Ian, I'll give SSL for the whole site more consideration before I go live.
    I have noticed that few big companies use it for whole site. Probably due to SSL slowing their site down as so many viewers involved, not a problem for me

Anyone any advice regarding a payment page? How to make it look more welcoming and more part of the web site?

Thanks,

Neil

Definitely go SSL for the whole site before you go live ...

SSL for sure..I have not gone full site..just checkout etc

Does it say anywhere on your site that the prices on the product pages are exclusive of VAT? I may have missed that. I added something to my basket, and then 70 VAT was automatically added on top of the price on the product page.

In contact - will you really be responding within 30 minutes, anytime that a customer decides to order and has a question?
    Terry

Thanks Terry,

Product pages all state both the exc vat and inc vat prices. I need to state the exc vat price as a lot of my customers are businesses and are most interested in this price detail. Maybe you added to cart from the product list page, I'll have to look into how to add all price detail to these lists.

I have clarified the info on the 'About us' page regarding "responding within 30 minutes".

Thanks for your feedback it's much appreciated.

Neil

Hi Neil,

I've got a few things which you might want to consider.

The homepage looks clean but possibly a little too much white space. You might want to invest in some better slider and header images to bring it all together and make the site look less like a template. You can get graphic design work done quite cheaply, less than 20 and it's a great investment as it raises the customers perception of the site.

Shop categories on the left, there a too many in my opinion and they don't seem to be in a logical order. Can you cut these down by using categories and sub categories? Some of the categories only have a couple of products listed so it maybe a bit overkill.

Add to cart button - I'm not sure the red works, red means "caution" or "danger" to me. Not something you want customers thinking!

SSL - Definitely for the cart, don't even consider not getting it.

Top navigation - the text looks a bit lost in that long header, maybe make it a bit bigger?

Homepage title - I'd add some keywords in here to help your SEO

The grey above the search box and in the footer doesn't seem to fit with the blue theme

That's it for now after a quick click around! Overall it's good looking site, nice work.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. If you have any contacts you could provide me for Graphical design work, I'd appreciate it.

I've made some changes based on your feedback so thanks to all.

wet.rooms.direct.net

Thanks

Hi
    You have a TrustWave logo on the home page... You should be able to click this and it take you to the trustwave confirmation about yourselves...
    Gary