Thread: Google Adwords "Track transaction-specific conversion values" For google adwords

Default Google Adwords "Track transaction-specific conversion values" For google adwords

Dear members

Please forgive me but I have already posted this on a different thread but feel that this may be a better place ...

This is the original post
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Greetings All

I have been using Google Adwords for a while now and while the info on conversions is useful in giving me an indication of the number of "clicks" that have converted into a sale it would be useful to know the total transaction value of the sales (as each "purchase/click" could possible be a different selling price )

This way I would get a really good indication of the VALUE for money I was getting and a more more accurate sense of return on investment.

Google have a section to help you achieve this link below on my google Adwords account.

https://support.google.com/adwords/a...095947#website

Has anyone managed to get this to work ?

The bit I am stuck on is section 3 of there help page "Part 3: Add or modify the tag in your website's code"

Any help would really be appreciated

Regards and happy Blueparking !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading the google help page many many times I realized that it would mean some adjusting to the google tag coding - and this is beyond me ...

I am quit happy to pay a developer for his time to help me implement the code to get "Track transaction-specific conversion values" get this work for me on my adwords account.

Many thanks

-Peter

Dear Bluepark members

Bluepark have done it again ! Thank you

I am very happy to let you know that anyone using Google Adwords can also get an insight into the ACTUAL conversation sale value of any click.

So now I am to know if a click converted into a sale of 5 or 50

When you set up you conversion tag within your Adwords manager you are asked to put in a conversion default value

instead of a numeric value put in the variable "%total;"

This variable will return the actual sale value of the conversion

Thank you James

-Peter

Click On Image Below
    adwords.jpg
    Last edited by lifeswonderful; 13-03-2017 at 13:36.

Hi Peter - or perhaps James at BP ...

Can you be a bit more specific about this please? Exactly where does this variable go?

Is it this line that you change:

var google_conversion_value = 1.00;

A little help here might be of value to lots of us who find this area of life difficult!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CLO View Post
    Hi Peter - or perhaps James at BP ...

Can you be a bit more specific about this please? Exactly where does this variable go?

Is it this line that you change:

var google_conversion_value = 1.00;

A little help here might be of value to lots of us who find this area of life difficult!

Thanks

Yep this is the code

var google_conversion_value = %total;

Regards

-Peter

Thanks very much!

Changing the google conversion tag with this alteration gives you the conversion value in your google adwords admin panel

hope this helps

-Peter

Your very welcome Chris

-Peter