Thread: Amazon Pay

Default Amazon Pay

Hello everyone, new member here of the Bluepark crew. Launched our new site on Thursday night and glad to report all seems to be running smoothly !

Anyway the reason for this thread is to gauge the level of interest from you guys about trying to get Bluepark to progress Amazon Pay as an extra payment gateway. Everyone I seem to talk too these days seems to have an Amazon account and for me as a store owner, I believe having Amazon pay as an extra payment option would be a massive advantage. I have raised this with Bluepark who suggested I bring my request to the forum so they can gauge the level of interest, so here it is.

Look forward to all the comments from you experienced Blueparkers.

Steve

+1 from me

This can only be a good thing, as said earlier "everyone seems to have a Amazon account"

Not for us -its even more expensive than Paypal and we don't want to remind customers of Amazon before they have checked out
    Gerard

http://www.caressa.co.uk

10% discount for Blueparkers - use couponcode bluepark13

Quote Originally Posted by gerarda View Post
    Not for us -its even more expensive than Paypal and we don't want to remind customers of Amazon before they have checked out
    Nor us, Amazon ignore our terms, (many goods are made to order, so no automatic refund) but the dreaded A.. does anyway...
    Graham

Great Lighting UK Ltd
    www.greatlighting.co.uk

Me neither, why would you want to promote your competition on your website
    Chris

Been asked for before by myself:

https://www.bluepark.co.uk/forums/sh...heckout+amazon

However, that was 5 years ago, since then we've pulled off Amazon and don't miss it. Personally i'd be reluctant to add them as a payment processor now for the reason gerada says, and given that we allow people to pre-order up to 6 weeks ahead - i don't think it sits well with there terms.
    Regards

Neil.

I still think the option should be there, if you want it use it and if you don't want it don't use it!

Another one who would not go any where near it.

Having your own online shop, why would you want to send someone to a competitors payment system?

Keep Amazon as far away from your site as you can IMO

I order lots online, and not once have I ever been tempted to use Amazon Payments, despite having an Amazon account.

I don't think Amazon payment would bring any extra sells. More likely to just get people who would have purchased anyway using a more expensive payment method, and could even cost sells, by reminding people about Amazon.

Not to mention you are passing your sales data over to them too...

As others have said its a no for me but a yes if you want it...

A fully functional credit system would be the best idea for us sellers with higher value products
    Gary

Maybe I have missed the point of Amazon Pay. I thought is was a way for people to make a purchase quickly and securely without putting their credit card details over the WWW (which a lot of people seem scared of these days) as an alternative to Paypal. As we have already said most people these days have an Amazon account, so in my opinion, if someone was to buy something off my site using Amazon pay, that would suggest to me that they had already exhausted the search for the item on the Amazon platform and failed, but have found what they want from us. The fact that they can quickly and securely buy the item using Amazon pay means we get a sale and everyone's happy.
    Having run our site now for eight years and always resisted the temptation to sell on Amazon & Ebay as we are only too aware that they are comparison race to the bottom websites, I can clearly see a few of you have dabbled and are not overly happy with what you found, but that said if the Amazon payment gateway was an option of a way to pay rather than actually selling on there, I can't really see the negatives. Please explain to me if I am over looking something simple.

Steve

It's very much a personal opinion, but I wouldn't have anything to do with any business whos sole purpose is to put us independants out of business.
    Chris

We don't have any objections to this but for us I would like to think that there are plenty of other items ahead in the priority list.
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
    , I can't really see the negatives. Please explain to me if I am over looking something simple.

Steve
    For the first 6 months Amazon pay you for 30 days in arrears, you can apply to have that 'upgraded' providing no negative feedback or claims,

If your product sells well and is not already on Amazon, it will be! They will put it there.

You have to comply with their terms, in all conditions. (including buyers have a right to claim upto 13 months, if they feel they were incorrectly charged)

Not convinced that many customers would use it over any other method, but we don't really have mobile sales which might make the process simpler.
    In the end it depends how independent a retailer, one wants to be.
    Sure it will work for some.
    Graham

Great Lighting UK Ltd
    www.greatlighting.co.uk

Also their Processing Fee's are not very competitive.
    Regards,

Dave

Not for me either for all of the above reasons. If the majority of BP users would not use it (and it seems like that from this feed back) then BP would be better to use their time on adding or upgrading features that most of us want.
    Gill

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
    Please explain to me if I am over looking something simple.

Steve
    Amazon will have your sales data. Do I need to go on!!! If your product is not on Amazon, and we sell enough of it, Amazon will know and source it and sell it. They are well known for doing this. Just check out their own forums.

Rates are high.

You are bound by their terms and conditions. If someone claims not to have received a parcel months after you send it, chances are Amazon will refund them via your account.

Amazon's customer services is one of the worst out there, with some sellers waiting months for a response, which when arrives is a cut and paste and has nothing to do with the orginal issue.

Amazon are tax avoiders, who aim is to get as high as percentage of online sales made through them, no matter who they walk over to do it.

Off course you could just use Amazon Payments, send them your sales data, and pay them high commission fees for the privilege of running you out of business in the long term.

You may as well email Amazon, and tell them that the products you sell are not found on their site, and that they should source them and sell them direct. At least that would make it nice and quick!!

No problem, like I say we always resisted the temptation to join the Amazon and Ebay retailers and seeing as you guys who did get on board have seen the light ! I think in view of listening to your superior knowledge on the subject of Amazon, I made a wise decision. That's fine by me, I'm quite happy to stick with the Paypal payment gateway that to fair caters for those that embrace Paypal or are willing to put there card details through their secure servers. Scrap the request for Amazon Pay Bluepark, I have been convinced it's not required anymore.
    Thanks for the insight guys.

Steve

We used to sell on Amazon but pulled away 18 months ago, as others say it's a race to the bottom. The most important thing is in my belief is the big supermarkets killed the high-street and now Amazon and other major stores are killing the internet business. Google most terms and see the results and I bet Amazon, John Lewis, Debenhams, Etsy or Ebay are listed near the top on normal searches and shopping searches. Steve said earlier "Everyone I seem to talk too these days seems to have an Amazon account" and I agree and they do most of their shopping on Amazon, this is a fact that as store owners don't like to see but how do we convince the general public who think Amazon is the best thing since sliced bread?