Thread: Picking list including all items from orders...

Default Picking list including all items from orders...

Hi all.

I'm trying to get to grips more and more with the volume orientated features of BP.

I have a part dispatched order, and as a test I have selected the order, and asked it to pick all in stock.

So it now has say 50% of the items as already dispatched previously, and 50% of them now showing as picked awaiting dispatch.

If I select that order and tell it to print the documents only I get the following.

1. Print invoice. Full original invoice prints.
    2. Print despatch notes. This prints the orbital full note, and the part dispatch... seems confusing.
    3. Picking list. His prints the entire order for picking again.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this how it works for you?

I'm not sure if I've understood your problem correctly, but this is the procedure we use to handle part shipments:

1) On the order page, change the "picked" quantity to the number you want to send. Untick the box next tot he save button and press save (the floppy disk icon)
    2) View dispatch notes, change the qty to the number you want to send and press save
    3) go back to the main order page, set the picked quantity to the ordered quantity. Untick the box next tot he save button and press save (the floppy disk icon)
    4) View dispatch notes - now there are two dispatch notes, one for the qty your are sending and the other for the 'backordered' amount.
    5) Now you can print both dispatch notes. Send one with the order, and keep the other one as a reminder of the backorder, and send it with the items when they come into stock.

The only problem with this is that the documentation the customer receives doesn't make it clear that there are backordered items, leading to "there were some items missing" emails...

See here for details of that issue: https://www.bluepark.co.uk/forums/sh...highlight=note

Quote Originally Posted by BristolBulldog View Post
    Hi all.

I'm trying to get to grips more and more with the volume orientated features of BP.

I have a part dispatched order, and as a test I have selected the order, and asked it to pick all in stock.

So it now has say 50% of the items as already dispatched previously, and 50% of them now showing as picked awaiting dispatch.

If I select that order and tell it to print the documents only I get the following.

1. Print invoice. Full original invoice prints.
    2. Print despatch notes. This prints the orbital full note, and the part dispatch... seems confusing.
    3. Picking list. His prints the entire order for picking again.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this how it works for you?
    Yes you are correct - confusing isn't it.

What you have to select is 'print picked only from the dropdown' - normally when picking in bulk this is the standard option for the buttons shown i believe - we rarely use the dropdown.
    Regards

Neil.

Hello All,

I handle this slightly differently to the above....

In the order detail screen select 'Ship all In Stock' and press save. Keeping the tick box checked sends the customer an email telling him that the order will be split, and which items are included in this order.
    Print the despatch note, which will only include the available items.
    I log any back order items in a separate place to ensure they are not forgotten, but BP shows the order as incomplete anyway.
    When the rest of the order is ready, select 'Ship All' in the part detail screen (or update the shipped quantities to the full amount) and press save. Again, keeping the check box ticked lets the customer know via email the rest of his order is on the way.
    This then generates a second despatch note, with the remaining items.

The email telling the customer he will be getting a split despatch seems to reduce the number of queries regarding shipment quantities.

Hope this helps!

Edward
    Meccanospares - Reproduction and Pre-Owned Original Meccano Parts