Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Customer Reviews Badge showing seller ratings

Question Google Customer Reviews Badge showing seller ratings

I've just received an email from google advertising their Google Customer Reviews Badge showing seller ratings

has anyone added this to their site? was it easy to add?

Google Customer Reviews now available in the United Kingdom
    Google Customer Reviews is a free programme to collect valuable customer feedback about your business and earn seller ratings that will show with your ads on Google Shopping, AdWords text ads and if you choose your website. We recently announced that the programme is now open to all merchants in the United Kingdom, and we invite you to be one of the first to join.
    Google Customer Reviews Badge showing seller ratings
    With Google Customer Reviews, you can:
    Collect valuable reviews about your business for free.
    Qualify to show seller ratings with your AdWords ads and on Google Shopping
    Display a badge on your site which includes the Google Customer Reviews logo and your seller rating
    How to enable Google Customer Reviews
    1) Sign in to your Merchant Center account
    2) Select "Merchant Center programmes" from the 3-dot-menu in the upper right-hand corner.
    3) Click "Get Started" in the Google Customer Reviews card and accept the Program Agreement.
    4) Add the survey opt-in code to your website.
    5) [Optional] Add the badge code to your site wherever you want. This will make the badge appear on your site and show customers that you're integrated with Google Customer Reviews (and what your seller rating is).
    Learn more

To learn more about the programme, please visit our help centre.
    See you online,
    The Google Shopping Team

We have also received the same email, and have integrated it into our magento site fairly easily. However as we are in the process of moving the site to BP, we also need to know how to integrate his into BP's success page.

There are two pieces of code.

One needs to be added to the success page, the other into the body to show the reviews badge.

Can we add code into the success page at all, and if not, can BP set this up so that this code can be placed into our success page.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    I've just received an email from google advertising their Google Customer Reviews Badge showing seller ratings

has anyone added this to their site? was it easy to add?

Google Customer Reviews now available in the United Kingdom
    Google Customer Reviews is a free programme to collect valuable customer feedback about your business and earn seller ratings that will show with your ads on Google Shopping, AdWords text ads and if you choose your website. We recently announced that the programme is now open to all merchants in the United Kingdom, and we invite you to be one of the first to join.
    Google Customer Reviews Badge showing seller ratings
    With Google Customer Reviews, you can:
    Collect valuable reviews about your business for free.
    Qualify to show seller ratings with your AdWords ads and on Google Shopping
    Display a badge on your site which includes the Google Customer Reviews logo and your seller rating
    How to enable Google Customer Reviews
    1) Sign in to your Merchant Center account
    2) Select "Merchant Center programmes" from the 3-dot-menu in the upper right-hand corner.
    3) Click "Get Started" in the Google Customer Reviews card and accept the Program Agreement.
    4) Add the survey opt-in code to your website.
    5) [Optional] Add the badge code to your site wherever you want. This will make the badge appear on your site and show customers that you're integrated with Google Customer Reviews (and what your seller rating is).
    Learn more

To learn more about the programme, please visit our help centre.
    See you online,
    The Google Shopping Team

I also would like some help integrating this into my BP site - so, hopefully, Richard will be along anytime soon to advise
    Terry

Add the following code to Site>Configuration>Order>Conversion Code replacing ******* with your merchant id

<!-- Google review collection -->

<script src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js?onload=renderOptIn" async defer></script>

<script>
    window.renderOptIn = function() {
    window.gapi.load('surveyoptin', function() {
    window.gapi.surveyoptin.render(
    {
    "merchant_id": ********,
    "order_id": "%order",
    "email": "%email",
    "delivery_country": "%country",
    "estimated_delivery_date": "%delivery"
    });
    });
    }
    </script>

That should do the trick. I'm not too sure on how the estimated delivery date works at the moment though.

Ian

I've just put an order through my site and the date has come up 0000-00-00

I'm assuming that this will apply when a delivery option without a specified delivery date is selected.

Ian

Thank you Les

Can you not just put 5 days, covering 2nd class, I believe this date is for google to send out the actual survey for after delivery to the customer. I may be wrong, I frequently am.

Calum

Quote Originally Posted by Les78 View Post
    Add the following code to Site>Configuration>Order>Conversion Code replacing ******* with your merchant id

<script src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js?onload=renderOptIn" async defer></script>

<script>
    {
    });
    });
    }
    </script>

That should do the trick. I'm not too sure on how the estimated delivery date works at the moment though.

Ian

I've just put an order through my site and the date has come up 0000-00-00

I'm assuming that this will apply when a delivery option without a specified delivery date is selected.

Ian
    If you have future dates such as pre orders, then the date variable does not work. It is one reason we do not do pre orders any more.

Thanks for that Les, thats great - Ive added that code - heres hoping :-)

What about were it says and <!DOCTYPE HTML> must be added to the top of every webpage How do you do that?

Terry

<script>
    {
    });
    });
    }
    </script>

Ian
    Terry

Doh!!!! Thats already a dded by BP!
    Terry

Sorry to be a numpty but if you sign up to this, does Google email all your customers asking them for feedback or could it be set it up so we use it as and when suits us i.e. we could just give people some kind of link for if they do want to leave a review?

I ask because I already use BPs built in review email feature and wouldn't want people getting two emails, one from me/BP and another from Google, both asking the same customer for a review.

Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    Sorry to be a numpty but if you sign up to this, does Google email all your customers asking them for feedback or could it be set it up so we use it as and when suits us i.e. we could just give people some kind of link for if they do want to leave a review?

I ask because I already use BPs built in review email feature and wouldn't want people getting two emails, one from me/BP and another from Google, both asking the same customer for a review.
    When a customer buys something from your website, a dialogue box will pop up on the success page asking the customer if it would be ok for google to send them a poll. The customer either opts in or out, if they opt in, google then sends the customer an email asking what their thoughts were, basically their review of how their experience was buying from you.
    The customer can rate you from 1 to 5 stars. These would then show up on your google shopping ads at some point.

This is replacing the google shopping programme which you needed to qualify for, now it looks as though the bar for entry is far lower than the google shopping programme. So more stores will be displaying this.

You can't send out an email yourself, its automated by Google. Im not sure if these reviews would show up in SERPS or not.

Thanks for the info. So this is just something for Google Ads, is it please?

Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    Thanks for the info. So this is just something for Google Ads, is it please?
    Yes, a new part section to the google merchant centre - (the old google shopping feed)

Its to take over from google certified shops system- the entry to that was pesky, this is a lot easier.

We just got an email so i hope BP will help with this.

Quote Originally Posted by spattzzz View Post
    Yes, a new part section to the google merchant centre - (the old google shopping feed)
    I get so confused with Google these days. I've been uploading shopping feeds for so long in one guise or another, I just keep doing it now out of habit but I have no idea what it does / where it goes these days. Google used to show 'Shopping' along the top of a search, along with 'Image', 'Videos' etc.... but 'Shopping' doesn't seem to be there any more.

Shopping still shows up in search for me at the top

Ohhh, interesting. Mine vanished ages ago and left me wondering what had happened to Google Shopping.

There seems to be more to this. The code still needs to be added for the opt in module on the confirmation success. It says it can be added just before the closing </body> tag, before or after the badge code.

The instructions for adding the opt in code are above in a post by Les78
    To
    have the badge show up on your website, this is the code you place before the closing body tag.