Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bluepark Questionnaire

So can we ask, what it is looking like might be done first?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    There is no doubt that we receive far more feature suggestions than we can possibly accommodate. Regardless of the size of our organisation, this would always be the case. It takes seconds to formulate an idea and potentially weeks/months to implement some of them.

The purpose of this questionnaire is to ask our entire customer base for their feedback regarding Bluepark features, we have never done this before and it will help us to deliver what our customers want and need this year. Only a questionnaire in this format can provide this kind of information.

Thank you to those of you who are taking part, the response so far has been considerable and very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jhpe07 View Post
    So can we ask, what it is looking like might be done first?
    The questionnaire has only been live for 24 hours and will be available until the end of the month, in the meantime we will be collating the results as they come in.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

The first 3 questions would be a lot easier if there was a collated list of feature requests somewhere that we could look down and choose from. Otherwise I might use my 3 'votes' on something vaguely useful because it's all I could think of, when I could be using them to 'vote' for some much better ideas that someone else thought of...

Quote Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
    The first 3 questions would be a lot easier if there was a collated list of feature requests somewhere that we could look down and choose from. Otherwise I might use my 3 'votes' on something vaguely useful because it's all I could think of, when I could be using them to 'vote' for some much better ideas that someone else thought of...
    This has already been considered. We will be looking out for any novel ideas which could be "quick wins", even if they didn't get so many requests. However, the viability of making such updates will depend on the amount of work required, if only a small number of requests has been made.

Well if it helps, I just did this search, which lists posts with 'feature request' in the title and sorts by number of replies (a crude measure of interest in the proposal) -

https://www.bluepark.co.uk/forums/se...archid=1057452

But this one is going to be my no 1 - "Feature Request - Backorder info on packing list, or separate doc"

Completely agree with this idea

Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    Completely agree with this idea
    I took a bit of time before completing the questionnaire so that I could remember either things that have impressed me when shopping online, or I had at some time thought would be great to have either from a customer point of view or an admin point of view. I think a feature list from which we could choose might miss something important.
    Gill

I liked the questionnaire being separate from the forum, this way BP are going to get lots of fresh ideas that are important to each person and not influenced by others. If some of those ideas keep getting repeated then this is going to be useful information to BP. Who knows what exciting features we have never thought of!

I would also imagine some of these improvements may be relatively quick to implement compared to some of the long slog integrations of recent years.

I think the quick wins could be absolutely massive for Bluepark here.

Since the major dev work on eBay, I think the amount of communication and interaction from BP has reduced significantly which I guess was always going to be a side effect of that type of project. Hence I can get on board with the new thinking of integrating with a key partner for this.

However, before this I was used to quite regular BP updates that contained additional features, even small ones that had no impact on us. This gave me that warm fuzzy feeling that we are trusting a forward thinking, enhancement based company for our biggest sales and marketing tool in a highly dynamic market.

That feeling has got lost unfortunately. We are not looking to move, and the platform is sound otherwise we wouldn't still be a customer, but I do worry that the lack of enhancements means it is falling back quickly. However the quick wins (pref the ones we need...hint hint ) from this survey could quickly and easily eradicate that concern and bring back the love for BP.

Now....choccy egg time!!!
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Arghghgh, I did my BP questionnaire the other day and completely forgot about something I have wanted for ages - conditional additions. Could this be added to my questionnaire response please BP?

Tokenisation and subscription ordering. It's pretty basic now for online shopping, customer retention is EVERYTHING and these two really would help. Who doesn't offer to store your card details these days?!!

Agreed with that too. Another I didn't remember to include. 3 boxes were not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    Arghghgh, I did my BP questionnaire the other day and completely forgot about something I have wanted for ages - conditional additions. Could this be added to my questionnaire response please BP?
    Yeah, same here, I knew I'd forget something - a button on the checkout page that says "Produce Quote" that when pressed creates a PDF quote based on the cart contents and currently selected delivery option. Would be pretty much exactly the same format as an invoice, but with the word "Quotation" instead of "Invoice" and without the customer details. Did anyone else ask for that?

Yeah, same here, I knew I'd forget something - a button on the checkout page that says "Produce Quote" that when pressed creates a PDF quote based on the cart contents and currently selected delivery option. Would be pretty much exactly the same format as an invoice, but with the word "Quotation" instead of "Invoice" and without the customer details. Did anyone else ask for that?
    We've already got that feature, if you go to Configuration: Payment tab and turn on Pro Forma Invoice. This is printable by the customer at stage 2 of the checkout process, after they have submitted their personal details and selected a shipping method.

ok, but a quote isn't the same as a pro-forma, it's a different stage of the purchasing cycle. They get quotes from multiple companies, then only ask the chosen company for a pro-forma when they need to make the payment. I guess I could change the text in the 'language' settings, but that would then mess up the text if I wanted to create a pro-forma (which is also a useful feature). Also, the pro-forma feature you mention is too far into the checkout (just before payment), no-one who wants just a quote is going to go all the way through the checkout entering all of their details just to get a quote.

So really, to be of any use, it needs to be separate to the pro-forma, and in the basket stage not the checkout.

One thing I forgot to add to my survey was the option to have a better mobile menu. The ability to select/deselect categories and to arrange them in an order I would like would be perfect.

Ian

Did anything happen with this out of interest?

It is nearly 18 months since the original survey and the development side seems to have dried up compared to when we first came in.

I have been snooping around some of the competitors, (don't worry...I am not going anywhere), and there seems to be some nice neat features on some of the platforms which on the face of it seem like quick wins for BP. No doubt some of these would have been expressed in the survey.
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Not sure if the results were ever published, and can't remember what 3 things I put on mine - so I have no idea if any ever got done!