Thread: Google Shopping Feed

Default Google Shopping Feed

I was reading an article about optimising the Google shopping feed this morning and it suggested "consider completing the “mobile_link” [mobile_link] attribute" because if the steadily increasing level of sales via mobile. Has anyone already done this with their feed? If so a quick guide would be helpful. Thanks
    Gill

Interesting. I didn't even know there was a mobile link. Do you mean a different url/link for each product for mobile?

Yes, I mean the url/link for each product page that takes a visitor to the mobile version. I am not technical but I have seen that there are two different url/links for each product page apart from the plain one we see in the url bar when we have a page open in our browser. There is one that takes a mobile user to the mobile version of the page and another that will take them back to the full version of the page (at the bottom of each page in the mobile template). And it is because I am not technical that I wondered if this link that takes the mobile user to the mobile template could be used for the feed and if so what would be the easiest way to set it up.
    Gill

Sounds worth doing then, hey. Maybe Rich could add it to the shopping feed, as part of the mobile update?

Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    Sounds worth doing then, hey. Maybe Rich could add it to the shopping feed, as part of the mobile update?
    That would be great. Certainly need more attention to mobile issues in any case. I use SEMrush software to monitor what's happening to the site and having had really good mobile "visibility" - better in fact than desk top - it has recently dropped quite dramatically. So I am guessing that it just is not good enough in Google's eyes anymore.
    Gill

I'll email them this link as I don't know who reads what on here any more.

Hi Everyone,

According to Google Shopping Specification, mobile_link means as follows :

Your product’s mobile-optimised landing page when you have a different URL for mobile and desktop traffic.

Example
    http://www.m.​example.​com/​asp​/sp.asp?​cat=12&id=1030

Source : https://support.google.com/merchants...52112?hl=en-GB

The mobile_link will have no benefit as all URLS are the same within your Bluepark websites no matter what device you are on.
    Moderator :: Bluepark Solutions

Fantastic, thanks James.