Thread: Auto-Print Pending Invoices

Default Auto-Print Pending Invoices

We currently automatically print the Bluepark A4 Invoice with a status of 'Pending' to our Laser Printer using the Bluepark API on a variable timed interval of x minutes which is based on historical ordering frequency. The Invoice acts a the picking note and we simply mark it as 'Paid' and it goes in the outbound package. It also stores a PDF file of the Invoice locally for audit-trail/archiving purposes. We have found this useful and time-saving. We have also done something similar with Dispatch Notes.

Is this process of interest to other Bluepark customers too?

Regards
    Rob

5 Mins a day printing invoices x 5 days = 25 mins a week
    25 mins x 52 weeks = 1300 minutes/60 = 21.6 hours/8 = 2.7 man-days a year saved.

Am I the only person who thinks like this?
    Rob

Nope, you aren't the only one who thinks like this - I am part of that club.

I would have been interested however it doesn't match our process unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandanashop View Post
    5 Mins a day printing invoices x 5 days = 25 mins a week
    25 mins x 52 weeks = 1300 minutes/60 = 21.6 hours/8 = 2.7 man-days a year saved.

Am I the only person who thinks like this?
    Rob
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Hi Rob,

We are currently testing Bluepark and looking at moving across shortly, if all goes well.
    Our current system (Linnworks) is setup to automatically print invoices on a dedicated laser printer and address labels with Royal Mail PPI mark on a dedicated thermal printer. This work really well for us and saves time - It just streamlines the order process that little bit more.
    When a paid order comes in the invoice is simply printed without doing anything.
    Like you, we also use the invoice as a picking list as each line / product as its SKU and its BIN location on the invoice.

Have you been successful at doing this in Bluepark? If so, this is something we would like to setup here.

Thanks

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    Hi Rob,

Have you been successful at doing this in Bluepark? If so, this is something we would like to setup here.

Thanks

Paul
    Yes, using our own s/ware and the Bluepark API. Invoices and Dispatch Advices (I use a mix depending on channel) come out every 5 mins. Labels come out similar duration. I match the two up and ship. Ebay Feedback, Tracking Nos, Changing Status to completed are all automated, only the physical packing process is done manually now. Massive savings in batching of work and time and stress. Also some internet security comes with it - if the internet goes down or wobbles we already have everything we need to ship. This means we can still ship orders at 5:15pm which suprises customers who think they have ordered too late.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    Hi Rob,

We are currently testing Bluepark and looking at moving across shortly, if all goes well.
    Our current system (Linnworks) is setup to automatically print invoices on a dedicated laser printer and address labels with Royal Mail PPI mark on a dedicated thermal printer. This work really well for us and saves time - It just streamlines the order process that little bit more.
    When a paid order comes in the invoice is simply printed without doing anything.
    Like you, we also use the invoice as a picking list as each line / product as its SKU and its BIN location on the invoice.

Thanks

Paul
    If you are sending the order notifications with pdf invoice to yourself, you can just use a outlook add in to print the pdf attachment.

Maybe seems a bit crude, but we do it this way for accepting orders for another offline business and it actually works really well.
    Regards

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If you are sending the order notifications with pdf invoice to yourself, you can just use a outlook add in to print the pdf attachment.

Maybe seems a bit crude, but we do it this way for accepting orders for another offline business and it actually works really well.
    That sounds ideal, I'm just googling around - is that the "Print tools" add-in? (24)

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

That was actually the wrong one, i'd been browsing the site .......

this is the one.... https://www.sperrysoftware.com/Email...ct/auto-print/
    Regards

Neil.